Youde Goblin lack of flavour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I posted a thread the other day asking about a lack of flavour cause I thought it was my cotton, but I'm pretty sure it's my Goblin.

When I first got it my first couple of builds had really muted flavour, then I used less wick and some twisted wire and I had a build that tasted amazing, now I can just never get it to work like that again.

Has anyone else who owns a Goblin had this problem? I'm using 8 wraps of twisted 28 guage on a 2mm rod coming in at .5 ohms, which is the exact same build that I did that had great flavour, and I've now tried 3 different kinds of cotton and it just won't produce the flavour that I expect from a dual coil tank, or anything really, it's very weak.

My girlfriend even says it smells less, and using the same juice in my Lemo produces much better flavour with a .7 build.

I'm going mad cause I really love the Goblin for what it is and how it works, but not if it doesn't taste of anything!

Has anyone else had this problem?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
If it had great flavor before. It's not the device. It's the build, and or the flavor has faded in the juice.

Exactly my thought last night. Or you're experiencing vape tongue. Whenever I'm congested my flavors all mute. I have sinus problems and allergies so its a common occurance for me.

Nah I've tried everything, .2 with 22 guage, an ohm with twisted 30, and everything in between, different amounts of wicking, different cotton, everything!

And it's not vape tongue cause I had the same juice in my Lemo a few times and it tastes way better, and now I've had a friend compare and he says it tastes of nothing too, I'm so confused

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Hey guys, I posted a thread the other day asking about a lack of flavour cause I thought it was my cotton, but I'm pretty sure it's my Goblin.

When I first got it my first couple of builds had really muted flavour, then I used less wick and some twisted wire and I had a build that tasted amazing, now I can just never get it to work like that again.

Has anyone else who owns a Goblin had this problem? I'm using 8 wraps of twisted 28 guage on a 2mm rod coming in at .5 ohms, which is the exact same build that I did that had great flavour, and I've now tried 3 different kinds of cotton and it just won't produce the flavour that I expect from a dual coil tank, or anything really, it's very weak.

My girlfriend even says it smells less, and using the same juice in my Lemo produces much better flavour with a .7 build.

I'm going mad cause I really love the Goblin for what it is and how it works, but not if it doesn't taste of anything!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Just to make sure, you ARE testing each coil before you wick it, right?

Many people skip this process, and then wonder why they never get stable/perfect builds.

After building and setting a coil, you need to fire it and make sure it burns nice and even, with the red glow starting from the inside, and spreading to the outer coil evenly and effortlessly, without any hot spots.

Also, another common mistake is using too much wick material. Make sure you are using JUST ENOUGH wick material, without the material being too compressed or tight. You basically want enough wick material so that the wick won't move around, that is it (IMO).

good luck

Spectrum156

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
Los Angeles
I agree with Supermarket. Make sure you're working with the coils and getting them firing as perfect as possible. For me, this tends to be the most time consuming part of a build. As for wicking, check out Trevor's video. He nails it. Ive never had issue with flavor out of the Goblin. I was/am actually very impressed with the amount of flavor coming out of it.
Dual 8 wrap, 26g, 2.5mm, .54, wicked with KGD.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
I was having the same problem Biggles. Here's the thing, you want to use a tiny amount of wick, it's counter intuitive, it will feel wrong, but just try it. I literally have two tiny puffs of cotton coming out either side of the coils, resting above the juice channels and not completely blocking them, there is maybe a tiny strand/hair of cotton that actually goes down about 2mm into the channels and that's it, don't tuck cotton all the way down, and don't take up all the diameter of the channel with cotton. You're flavor (and wicking if that's been an issue) should improve now. I don't know why some videos and people are saying to tuck wick into their channels, I've gotten nothing but muted flavors and dry hits every 2-4 pulls with several builds I wicked that way. That being said, my og subtank in rta mode still beats it on flavor, goblin wins on clouds and being leak proof though.

Other tips:
-For an easier time, use 26g or higher wire, wrapped 2mm diameter or smaller.
-The goblins insulator is not very heat tolerant, so don't build super low on this thing. I've been doing .6 with no issues yet. (28g, 9 wraps around 1/16th drill bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread