Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I carved out my magwell on my Glock 19 with a pocket knife. Makes mag changes quicker even if its dirty or they don't pop out. Helps if there is a jam also.
All things are tools to me. I will modify if need be.:toast:
:toast: A toast to those who aren't afraid to make things their own and to their liking! :toast:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
How long are y'all getting vape time off a full charge?
I will be mostly running a 28ga micro coil around 1ohm. I think the diameter is around 1/8". I use a small nail from a picture hanging kit.:lol:
Just got some questions. I'm gonna place an order for a Radius as soon as I can.
I don't get the great battery life of 2 days others get. I'm running 1.5Ω @ 11 watts & mine definitely has to go on a charger nightly. The sad part is the Radius is not my main device so the short battery life is a mystery to me.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I have gotten the battery swap down to about 15 seconds...not hard AT ALL :p
If you saw me trying to swap the battery you'd be like....waaaaa da hell???? :pMy excuse is I have long nails so 15 sec is a NO. I spent that much time trying to get 1 screw out which is why I wish the Radius had a magnetic screwless bottom plate.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
:toast: A toast to those who aren't afraid to make things their own and to their liking! :toast:
I once tried making a PSP my own & to my liking. When I was done I had more parts out than in. :lol:
Ended up having to buy a new one.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I once tried making a PSP my own & to my liking. When I was done I had more parts out than in. :lol:
Ended up having to buy a new one.

That'd be me too.

I've since learned much about myself. As I've said before (here, in fact) -

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I don't get the great battery life of 2 days others get. I'm running 1.5Ω @ 11 watts & mine definitely has to go on a charger nightly. The sad part is the Radius is not my main device so the short battery life is a mystery to me.

I'm right there with you.

Yesterday as an experiment, I put in a new, fully charged AW 3000mah battery and reset the puff counter. At the end of the day the puff counter was just under 700 and the battery was almost empty. I was using a 2.4 ohm coil at 7 watts with the boost off. I do tend to take long (6-10 second) draws.

Also, I plugged it in last night and it was still charging after 7 hours. The blue light did go off shortly after that.

For those battery charging safety folks out there, all of my charging is done with the device sitting on a glass top stove which is under a metal vent. I once had a PDA explode and catch fire while it was charging on my desk so I am somewhat cautious. (Sure am glad that I was home and not asleep when it happened. :shock:)

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I'm right there with you.

Yesterday as an experiment, I put in a new, fully charged AW 3000mah battery and reset the puff counter. At the end of the day the puff counter was just under 700 and the battery was almost empty. I was using a 2.4 ohm coil at 7 watts with the boost off. I do tend to take long (6-10 second) draws.

Also, I plugged it in last night and it was still charging after 7 hours. The blue light did go off shortly after that.

For those battery charging safety folks out there, all of my charging is done with the device sitting on a glass top stove which is under a metal vent. I once had a PDA explode and catch fire while it was charging on my desk so I am somewhat cautious. (Sure am glad that I was home and not asleep when it happened. :shock:)
^^^^^ This rii here bugs the hell out of me about charging the Radius. Now I see why it's touted to charge at night while one sleeps. I've gone to bed with the Radius charging only to wake up hourrrrrs later with it still charging. :blink:
I dont have one device that takes more than 2-3 hrs tops to charge- but I have to add they also have easily removable doors so a battery swap is what I do. For me, the Radius has become that device I grab when too lazy to run upstairs to get another battery for whatever I'm using at the time.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I don't think I could let something charge at night. I worry about battery fires. I have went to sleep and forgot batteries were on charge. I might be a tad bit ocd/anxious. I guess depending on my setup will make a difference on battery life. Maybe I could run around 1.5. I don't run high wattage either.

But that's what's so cool about the charging system in the Radius. It changes from a charge as it fuels the cell, to a trickle charge, to fully charged and stops charging.

JohnDO explains this better than I do, but I simply trust the system and have zero fears charging while I'm asleep.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I figure that I could also use my 120 receptacle - USB adapter to charge. Right?

You can take any 5 watt brick (like what comes with an iPhone) and plug the USB into that and the brick into the wall and charge your radius. In fact, I don't ever charge my Radius via the USB port on my laptop.

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
As much as I'd love to get a stealth Radius, I'm perfectly happy with my black onyx one. Unless something really catches my eye, I'm not buying mods for a while. My P2.5 has been collecting dust for about 2 months and may actually go up in the classies soon. The Radius remains my favorite mod.

Vap3Go4t

Jan 22, 2012
Cleveland
I'm really wanting to pick one of these up. I'm usually vaping .5 ohm subtank at 21w on my Rdna 40. I'm nervous about the complaints of the radius battery life :(

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I'm really wanting to pick one of these up. I'm usually vaping .5 ohm subtank at 21w on my Rdna 40. I'm nervous about the complaints of the radius battery life :(

Then use the Valentine's sale and get one!

My simply answer to your question -- the battery will last as long and most likely a bit longer than other 18650 regulated mods --- and the time is based on your own personal vaping habits.

For me, it certainly lasts longer than DNA devices I own or have owned, but not by hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread