Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I get that, Brow, I really do. And I'm sorry, but I'm busy (NO funeral, dude!!!!!!!!).

Nevertheless, a batt is a batt is a batt, and that is not Provape manufactured,,,,,,,,,, or is it?

I'm sorry, sweetie. I know I'm being the voice of dissension, but I do feel strongly about this subject.

Perhaps it's the 5 years of vape info and it's ingrained in me now. I respect* the potential volatility and power of our lithiums.

*Call me scaredy-kat, but if they decide to blow, welp, I want to be in attendance!

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I get that, Brow, I really do. And I'm sorry, but I'm busy (NO funeral, dude!!!!!!!!).

Nevertheless, a batt is a batt is a batt, and that is not Provape manufactured,,,,,,,,,, or is it?

I'm sorry, sweetie. I know I'm being the voice of dissension, but I do feel strongly about this subject.

Perhaps it's the 5 years of vape info and it's ingrained in me now. I respect the potential volatility and power of our lithiums.

Call me scaredy-kat, but if they decide to blow, welp, I want to be in attendance!

No, the battery isn't made by Provape. But the device the battery charges in is. If it blows and I'm pretty convinced it simply won't (remember, the charging stops completely when the battery is full on a Radius), it charges on a granite counter top in a room I'm not near while it charges. I'm safer this way than if I was charging the battery while awake and near it.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Sounds like your charging station is well thought out, and safe, darlin'. Of that, we we all need to be reminded.

It's me, sweetie, and how I do it makes me more comfortable. Have you seen my elegant high tech charging station? Hold on to yer hat... it's pretty out there!!!!!

charing pressure 1.jpg

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Welp......you'z guyz can come to my funeral if'n I have a mishap. Cuz, I do charge while I sleep and I feel completely safe. Provape safe, to be exact.
Can't like this post one bit, sorry. You are ignoring basic battery safety guidelines. No one is infallible and no device is perfect, even ProVari products can fail, your first Radius bricked from a small tumble, and I do not believe that had anything to do with a capacitor. Ignore sound advice if you will, but please, do NOT advocate that others do likewise, that is just irresponsible!:sneaky:

Actually, you never did advocate others do likewise, but the sentiment remains...

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sounds like your charging station is well thought out, and safe, darlin'. Of that, we we all need to be reminded.

It's me, sweetie, and how I do it makes me more comfortable. Have you seen my elegant high tech charging station? Hold on to yer hat... it's pretty out there!!!!!

View attachment 530540
You cook them on a stove? ;-)

Sounds like at least you're smart about it, SR. I'm glad. NO funerals.

And I still won't do it. I also don't USB charge much. Mainly for the time. I whip em out and throw them on a charger, set a 1.

I know, Kat. Too high for you. And you're correct. But time is money, and... [emoji6]

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX

View attachment 530540

You cook them on a stove? ;-)

[emoji6]

I like my batteries served with fava beans and a nice Chianti :)

latest

Knifemaker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Central Texas
The bat. in the pic with the pressure cooker looks an LOT like one of those "May Pop" Ultra Fires.:eek:

Talk, about UN-SAFE!!!

Now about charging. In house phone stays in its cradle. Hummmm!!! Never really thought about it.

Now when it comes to the Radius, what to do? I'm always out in the yard, or woods, rarely in the house when weather permits. But I still vape! so exactly when can I charge? My trees have no outlet, nor can I find one in the yard. So it comes down to either charging Bat's in a charger while I am outside, Or, charging the Radius while I sleep.

The only other option I can think of is Stop Vaping, and get back on Stinkies after 40 years on them, and 7 years off them. They will definitely Kill Me. (Dayum near did already).

Guess which I chose! Life is not without risk. One has to weigh which ones are worth taking!!!;)

Knife

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
The bat. in the pic with the pressure cooker looks an LOT like one of those "May Pop" Ultra Fires.:eek:

Talk, about UN-SAFE!!!

Now about charging. In house phone stays in its cradle. Hummmm!!! Never really thought about it.

Now when it comes to the Radius, what to do? I'm always out in the yard, or woods, rarely in the house when weather permits. But I still vape! so exactly when can I charge? My trees have no outlet, nor can I find one in the yard. So it comes down to either charging Bat's in a charger while I am outside, Or, charging the Radius while I sleep.

The only other option I can think of is Stop Vaping, and get back on Stinkies after 40 years on them, and 7 years off them. They will definitely Kill Me. (Dayum near did already).

Guess which I chose! Life is not without risk. One has to weigh which ones are worth taking!!!;)

Knife

Knife, the batt in the pic is certainly NOT an Ultra Fire, or any batt with "fire" in its name. It's a Panny. What it looks like is not what it is in reality, so no worries, and I'm far from "UN-SAFE!!!". Thank you tho.

As far as your dilemma as to where to charge? Older info (and IMO wise info) always said to actually charge outside. I'm sure that's not going to be convenient or pastable for all of us, but is a great idea.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Talk, about UN-SAFE!!!

Knife

Can't you run a line into one of the Maples or. Oaks?

There is unrest in the forest...
(I'm kidding, of course).

Just be as safe as possible.. You know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread