To VT or not to VT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermit's Kid

Jan 25, 2016
United States
That is the question...

My eGo ONE VT seems to be having issues in VT mode. I was able to use it effectively with my Ti-200 coil that came with the kit... for a couple of days. Then it would keep kicking me back into VW mode. I recently tried it again with my Melo2 tank, but it immediately kicked me into VW.

Since I'm pretty much a noob, I figure it's more likely operator error than system malfunction. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
That is the question...

My eGo ONE VT seems to be having issues in VT mode. I was able to use it effectively with my Ti-200 coil that came with the kit... for a couple of days. Then it would keep kicking me back into VW mode. I recently tried it again with my Melo2 tank, but it immediately kicked me into VW.

Since I'm pretty much a noob, I figure it's more likely operator error than system malfunction. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
that's the mod that doesn't have a screen and just three temp selections, right? how do you know it's kicking you out of tc? is there a noticeable difference in the vape? take a q tip with alcohol on it and clean your mod's 510 good. also clean the tanks 510 threads, pin really well. TBH, maybe it's time to upgrade. if you like joyetech products you'll probably like the evic vtc mini. single 18650, TC for any and all wires, except kanthal, nichrome of course. just some food for thought.

Hermit's Kid

Jan 25, 2016
United States
I'm assuming you are saying it's kicking you out of temperature control mode. If so, is that a mod that lets/requires you lock in the resistance of the coil at room temperature? If yes and you aren't doing it, that is probably why.

The eGo is what I consider a "noob tube"--which is precisely why I bought it. It has very basic functions, so locking in resistance isn't an option.

that's the mod that doesn't have a screen and just three temp selections, right? how do you know it's kicking you out of tc? is there a noticeable difference in the vape? take a q tip with alcohol on it and clean your mod's 510 good. also clean the tanks 510 threads, pin really well. TBH, maybe it's time to upgrade. if you like joyetech products you'll probably like the evic vtc mini. single 18650, TC for any and all wires, except kanthal, nichrome of course. just some food for thought.

It has three lights that indicate whether you're in wattage, nickel, or titanium mode. I can set it to titanium (red light), press the fire button, and it immediately switches to wattage mode (white light). I also get almost nothing out of the vape.

I'll definitely try the alcohol cleaning... thanks!

I have upgraded to an iStick TC60W, and I love this thing. However, I do like to use the eGo for backup. It just seems like a shame to use a VT device that I can't run in VT mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread