Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I don't get it, why ppl used to make extra holes in the base for the same model like described here
if it's too airy for many? Like it's not the same mod you were using.
Just a matter of different strokes fer different folks, ya know?

That's what's so fantabulous about vaping!

• Agree
Reactions: dreamvaper

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
When I decided to go back MTL I couldn't use the ego ones anymore either. Even with the AFC fully closed they were too airy for.

Interesting. 1Ω CLRs (with 1.8 mm air intake) were to airy for you? I find the .5Ω (3.5 mm air intake hole) too airy.

• Agree

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Ok, a mini review.
    We've played a bit with the VT device this weekend and that's what I can say about it:
    - while sitting in the box for about a year and a half the CL base sort of glued to the device a bit and we had problems opening it. Plus during the battle to open we occasionally pushed the button few times (but surely not 5 times in a row) and the device turned on (we've charged it first) and gave us a dry hit with a burned smell.
    We've opened it after all, coil looked ok but it smelled just so bad so we had to replace it.

- 1Ω CL coil with 1.8mm air intake replaced the burned coil, juice was added, we've let it sit for about 20 mins and then tested it. I'd say, for such a small and compact device it works pretty well. Taste was good and the vapor amount was decent. I also liked the weight and the metal parts. It looks protected from occasional drops.

My friend liked it as well, as I mentioned, he needs a compact device now and VT seems like not a bad option for the moment.

Thanks to all forum members who participated in this thread.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    I am pretty convinced that I can pick anything else blindly and have far better results with

As I said, he needs a compact device and it's hard to find more compact device from the new ones right now. They may be slim but most of them are long ones. Juul-type compact devices in most cases are giving even worse vape with no TC whatsoever. And we don't like high nic salts that most of them use.
    The vape amount for VT was ok, taste was not bad, maybe a bit worse than from the big MTL device but not much worse for sure so why not giving it a try? Also if you did play with yours for 2 years I guess it wasn't That bad or you'd throw it away to the bin after first week of use.

Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I dunno know dreamvaper, there are lots of pods out there that are that size and smaller. They produce so much better flavor than the eGrip. And on the mod front, I have 2 Hana One Modz and is only 39g in weight. And I still can't believe they get a 18650 in that tiny thing. The eGrip is actually taller. If the both of you have gotten decent flavor out of the eGrip, I have to hand it to you. I never got anything decent out of mine for the past 2 years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread