• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I have been getting terrible pains in my chest for about 5 days now, so i went to the docs yesterday for a check up. My GP looked really worried and asked the nurse to do an ECG on me straight away. The results came through after 10 minutes or so, and were normal.
Then i gave a blood sample, did a poop sample this morning, to take back on monday. ( Sorry if your having your tea ) :laugh:
Anyways, she proceeded to take my blood pressure, and it is off the scale and way too high. they gave me a portable BP checker thingy, and i have to do my own twice a day, morning/evening for 1 week. I did it last night and this morning, and it is still off the charts. :laugh: Ah well. :) I was perscribed Extra stong Gaviscon, and some Tablets for indigestion. The tablets seem to be doing something, as the pain has moved from the left side to the right side of my chest :lol:

Reactions: e-pipeman

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I have been getting terrible pains in my chest for about 5 days now, so i went to the docs yesterday for a check up. My GP looked really worried and asked the nurse to do an ECG on me straight away. The results came through after 10 minutes or so, and were normal.
Then i gave a blood sample, did a poop sample this morning, to take back on monday. ( Sorry if your having your tea ) :laugh:
Sorry to hear that - but glad all was OK with the ECG!
Such things are an awful worry. Have you any Theanine Serene tablets?
Anyways, she proceeded to take my blood pressure, and it is off the scale and way too high. they gave me a portable BP checker thingy, and i have to do my own twice a day, morning/evening for 1 week. I did it last night and this morning, and it is still off the charts. :laugh: Ah well. :) I was perscribed Extra stong Gaviscon, and some Tablets for indigestion. The tablets seem to be doing something, as the pain has moved from the left side to the right side of my chest :lol:
My BP is always 10-20 points up when around doctors, and if I'm worrying about getting it down before another visit, it tends to stay higher. Easy to say try to stay relaxed, hard to do especially when repeatedly checking BP!
My husband was getting high readings at the doctors and at home, so they put him on a 24 hour check - disrupted his sleep a little, but overall the results were very good.
Hope your BP lowers and that the cause of the chest pain can be identified or fixed simply!

But, if for any reason you feel unsure or worried over the weekend or before you go back, get checked at the A&E dept. of your hospital!

Whatever, take good care of yourself.

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Sorry to hear that - but glad all was OK with the ECG!
Such things are an awful worry. Have you any Theanine Serene tablets?
My BP is always 10-20 points up when around doctors, and if I'm worrying about getting it down before another visit, it tends to stay higher. Easy to say try to stay relaxed, hard to do especially when repeatedly checking BP!
My husband was getting high readings at the doctors and at home, so they put him on a 24 hour check - disrupted his sleep a little, but overall the results were very good.
Hope your BP lowers and that the cause of the chest pain can be identified or fixed simply!

But, if for any reason you feel unsure or worried over the weekend or before you go back, get checked at the A&E dept. of your hospital!

Whatever, take good care of yourself.
Yes, i take a Theanine Serene every day Trish :) She did tell me to go straight to A&E if i was no different today, and actually tried to send me yesterday, but as the pain has moved to the other side, i`m hoping that it will shift soon :) I am hoping it is just trapped wind, as i have had that before and know how painful it can be, and sometimes difficult to get out, but i will see if the presrciption works over the next couple of days before i decide on anything else.
Don`t fancy going sitting up there for 4 + hours.

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Calling all Charlie's Chalk Dust fans - We're having a huge flash sale across the range, don't miss this opportunity to snap up a bargain on one of our most popular liquid ranges from the US.

Until Sunday 21st February, you can pick up any flavour in 15ml for £5.50, 30ml for £10 or 120ml for £40 - be sure to hurry, this offer is only available while stocks last.

Head on over to the Charlie's section of the website to claim the offer

All the best,
The Vanilla Vapes Team

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Yes, i take a Theanine Serene every day Trish :)
I've been glad to find I can still take it ...seems IBS doesn't go away just because Colitis 'happens'!
She did tell me to go straight to A&E if i was no different today, and actually tried to send me yesterday, but as the pain has moved to the other side, i`m hoping that it will shift soon :)
I learned a frightening lesson last October when I almost defied a doctor wanting to take me straight to hospital. Hadn't known much about sepsis then, but do now! :(
I am hoping it is just trapped wind, as i have had that before and know how painful it can be, and sometimes difficult to get out, but i will see if the presrciption works over the next couple of days before i decide on anything else.
Right enough, trapped wind can be excruciating, and I hope it is trapped wind too, but seeing where the pain is, be wary, especially with your BP registering high.
Windeze (Simethicone) can be very effective at starting to move it.
I'd think that telling A&E you have chest pain and high BP may result in you not waiting for a very long time.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

Yes, i take a Theanine Serene every day Trish :) She did tell me to go straight to A&E if i was no different today, and actually tried to send me yesterday, but as the pain has moved to the other side, i`m hoping that it will shift soon :) I am hoping it is just trapped wind, as i have had that before and know how painful it can be, and sometimes difficult to get out, but i will see if the presrciption works over the next couple of days before i decide on anything else.

Hope you're OK Tel and it just turns out to be something minor.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Doesn't sound good, my initial thought was Angina until you said it moved from left to right side, as that is usually in the middle, do you get any radiating pain in your jaw - ECG can look okay, mine always did, is the pain all the time or only when you exert yourself, even if only a little, like climbing the stairs or walking. Sounds like you may need further investigation - hope everything works out anyway.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I've been glad to find I can still take it ...seems IBS doesn't go away just because Colitis 'happens'!
I learned a frightening lesson last October when I almost defied a doctor wanting to take me straight to hospital. Hadn't known much about sepsis then, but do now! :(
Right enough, trapped wind can be excruciating, and I hope it is trapped wind too, but seeing where the pain is, be wary, especially with your BP registering high.
Windeze (Simethicone) can be very effective at starting to move it.
I'd think that telling A&E you have chest pain and high BP may result in you not waiting for a very long time.
Thanks for your concerns Trish, i appreciate it :) It does seem to be getting better now ( The Chest Pain ) And i will continue taking my BP and see how things pan out. No doubt she will want to see me again after i have handed in the results, and i am hoping that they will get my BP down with tablets, we`ll see. :)

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Doesn't sound good, my initial thought was Angina until you said it moved from left to right side, as that is usually in the middle, do you get any radiating pain in your jaw - ECG can look okay, mine always did, is the pain all the time or only when you exert yourself, even if only a little, like climbing the stairs or walking. Sounds like you may need further investigation - hope everything works out anyway.
She did ask about pain in my jaw etc Bob, and no, i don`t. It did move right over from my left side, to the right side in my ribs under my arm. The pain was constant at the time no matter what i was doing, but as i said to Trish i think it has more or less gone now thank god, so just my BP to sort out hopefully. :)

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Mine are showing ready to be shipped
Just checked mine again:
order 1 - items expected 23/02 (was 14/02 when ordered)
order 2 - all ready to ship except 1 item expected 23/02 (all were 14/02 when ordered)
order 3 - 2 ready to ship, all others expected 20/02 or 23/02
order 4 - waiting to be packaged

Reactions: Marcus1970

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Thanks for your concerns Trish, i appreciate it :) It does seem to be getting better now ( The Chest Pain ) And i will continue taking my BP and see how things pan out. No doubt she will want to see me again after i have handed in the results, and i am hoping that they will get my BP down with tablets, we`ll see. :)
Glad it's getting better. Hope it continues that way.
Don't get stressed or anxious about the blood pressure ..it may go down if the pain goes, and that would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread