Vape shops need better ventilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I usually order most of my supplies online, as it's much cheaper, but recently I stopped by a local vape shop (that's a national franchise) to pick up a few coils since I had run out.

As soon as I opened the door to the shop, I got smacked in the face with these huge clouds that were hanging around everywhere, the air was extremely thick and the odor in the air was also very strong, no doubt a mixture of various flavors that people had been vaping on. The air was so thick that you almost couldn't see properly. It was like driving a car in a blizzard or storm, where the visibility was 10 feet.

People are obviously going to vape in a vape shop, that is not a problem of course. But get some ventilation at least! vaping is great, but that doesn't mean that I wish to be in a small room filled with intense vapor clouds that are so thick that people can barely see.

Certain vaping shops need to buy some sort of ventilation system or air conditioners or air filters, and this national chain that I visited certainly needs to clean the air in their shop. It was definitely a turn off for me, and I wouldn't be surprised if people who are not yet vapers entered that shop and turned right around and out the door again, because the ventilation was that poor.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I'd suggest that that is exactly what you should have done.

Do you mean turn around and walk right out the door?

I did, as soon as I bought a couple of packs of coils, which I sorely needed. I was in the shop for about two minutes.

On the way there, I was thinking about sampling a few different juices when I got there, but I skipped over that plan. Had this vape shop had breathable air, then they might've increased their revenue for that day by selling me a bottle of juice or two, but it was not meant to be.

Reactions: EBates

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Well you could do what I did. Focus on not needing anything the vape stores have and being independent of them. It's easier than getting them to revamp their ventilation, and much more rewarding. Make your own coils, wicks, and juice. It's called rebuilding and DIY.

Saves you a lot of money and spares you the air in there.

MattyVigilante

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
Northamptonshire
Well you could do what I did. Focus on not needing anything the vape stores have and being independent of them.
As much as I like to support my local vape shop, I too am heading in that direction, controlling how and what I vape whilst saving money and nurturing my hobby is very appealing :)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

I did, as soon as I bought a couple of packs of coils, which I sorely needed. I was in the shop for about two minutes.

On the way there, I was thinking about sampling a few different juices when I got there, but I skipped over that plan. Had this vape shop had breathable air, then they might've increased their revenue for that day by selling me a bottle of juice or two, but it was not meant to be.

Breathable in not an issues for me - gotta be better than Smoke and Vapor doesn't seem to irritate me.
Visual would be a Bank Breaker. My eyesight is bad enough without maneuvering through Fog.
Having Owned a shop(different industry) I understand the importance of presenting to the INCOMING potential customer. People hanging out rarely support the bottom line alone so it is important to be pleasing to every potential new customer.

Higher end establishments often have more secluded areas for friends to hang out and socialize. Better B&M's have separate areas for Bar/Sales/Service/Lounge.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
It would seem to me if you would like to see changes made in this one particular vape shop, your efforts would be better served directed to the owner or manager of that vape shop rather then a world wide message board.

For the most part, vapers are worried about government regulations restricting our options with vaping. But here we are serving up solid justifications for government to act. One of the biggest justifications in smoking bans was employees being "forced" to work in an unhealthy environment. "Second verse, same as the first."

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas

Precisely, I have never been in a shop like you describe and would have no interest in doing business in one.
The management of that shop has allowing his business to become a hangout for cloud chasers should turn off a lot of potential customers. Maybe he will figure this out or not.

Reactions: Vaslovik

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Actually, it was to get lower insurance rates.
The same reason large companies drug test employees.

Still struggling with reading comprehension, I see!

Actually, I said "ONE OF" and "JUSTIFICATIONS", not the only reason. Maybe you did, but I never heard arguments in favor of smoking bans mentioning "lower insurance rates" in efforts to gain approval of the general public, although it was obviously a nice side benefit to large companies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I usually order most of my supplies online, as it's much cheaper, but recently I stopped by a local vape shop (that's a national franchise) to pick up a few coils since I had run out.

As soon as I opened the door to the shop, I got smacked in the face with these huge clouds that were hanging around everywhere, the air was extremely thick and the odor in the air was also very strong, no doubt a mixture of various flavors that people had been vaping on. The air was so thick that you almost couldn't see properly. It was like driving a car in a blizzard or storm, where the visibility was 10 feet.

People are obviously going to vape in a vape shop, that is not a problem of course. But get some ventilation at least! Vaping is great, but that doesn't mean that I wish to be in a small room filled with intense vapor clouds that are so thick that people can barely see.

Certain vaping shops need to buy some sort of ventilation system or air conditioners or air filters, and this national chain that I visited certainly needs to clean the air in their shop. It was definitely a turn off for me, and I wouldn't be surprised if people who are not yet vapers entered that shop and turned right around and out the door again, because the ventilation was that poor.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

kinda like going to a football match and saying people make too much noise
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
And you are free to leave at anytime.
Not your thing, go elsewhere.

Definitely, I'm all for free choice. How a vape shop wishes to conduct their business is of course their business and their choice. And the businesses that I choose to patronize and give my money to is of course my business and my choice.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Still struggling with reading comprehension, I see!

Actually, I said "ONE OF" and "JUSTIFICATIONS", not the only reason. Maybe you did, but I never heard arguments in favor of smoking bans mentioning "lower insurance rates" in efforts to gain approval of the general public, although it was obviously a nice side benefit to large companies.

Insult me again and I'll return the favor.

I owned a manufacturing company for 22 years.
I was there when it happened.
I know why it happened.
Insurance is also the reason our employees didn't quit.
No one is forced to work in any conditions, they asked for the job.

Reactions: Toronnah

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Insult me again and I'll return the favor.

I owned a manufacturing company for 22 years.
I was there when it happened.
I know why it happened.
Insurance is also the reason our employees didn't quit.
No one is forced to work in any conditions, they asked for the job.

So.....

It's OK for you to quote me and say I am wrong, but if I point out in detail your misinterpretation of my post you quoted, ergo reading comprehension deficiency, I'm the one insulting you?

If you are so inclined to continue with insults, and I believe those started with you, so be it. As far as I am concerned, you stop quoting and/or referencing me or my posts and you and I will cease all interaction to the benefit of the board as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread