Not open for further replies.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Hey Tibs: How You Doing Girl?

So You Jumped on the istick 40 watt Band Wagon! How do you like em? I really Like the Fire Button more Tactile Style like on Higher end mods! Also, the Slots for a Lanyard they have come in handy. Like walking around at Street Fairs or Farmer Markets keeps both hands useful and Vape Handy! I don't use em all in TC Mode. I've given a couple as gifts they don't use em much in TC mode.

The Lanyards work Great on the istick Mini too just slip the Loop under the tank and Screw down!

Have you checked out the new iStick 100's? The Hidden Fire Switch is Pretty Cool!

What are these Smarts'?

Skully {:{}

haven't heard anything in ages ;)

i did what gerry decided on - a tc 40watt which is being used in vw at about 9 watts! :D

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Hey Gerrymi :) Yes, saw those deals and was going w/the 40 until I saw a great deal on the Smart. Can you lock the regular wattage settings on the 40?

I really have little (actually, NO) use for LOCK...so had to check the User Manual...

"simultaneously press Up & Down buttons for 2 seconds => LOCK"...

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I really have little (actually, NO) use for LOCK...so had to check the User Manual...

"simultaneously press Up & Down buttons for 2 seconds => LOCK"...

I don't either but I thought it'd make me concentrate on the settings better. I had an oopsie last week that I need to avoid in the future. I decided to use Volts, or I inadvertently clicked that selection, and it went to 4.2V. Fine, but later on I wasn't getting a good vape, thought it was on my usual watts setting, and jacked it up to 8. Eight volts is a bit much for a cartomizer...

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    So You Jumped on the iStick 40 watt Band Wagon! I really Like the Fire Button more Tactile Style like on Higher end mods! Also, the Slots for a Lanyard they have come in handy

I agree...TC40W vs. 30W...more comfortable Fire Button and Lanyard Slots...

TC40W is slightly larger size...(but I really only notice when they're sitting side-by-side)...

TC40W has larger capacity battery (2600mAh vs. 30's 2200mAh)...

TC40W has faster charging (1Amp vs. 30's 500mA)...

[But...I use one of these "USB Charging Stations"...so I just plug it in and the Port automatically figures out the required Amps for charging...]

$11.99

Skullman

~ Membered ~
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone
    Hey Gerrymi: Good to see another Fan of the iStick 40 watt! After owning them now for many months I don't see any reason to go back to the 20's or 30's! Too many Positives not to stay with then as You pointed out!

Hey, that is a Cool USB Charging Device! I like that it is Smart and can sense what amperes the device needs! I installed Outlets in various areas of my house with protected USB Connection Built in to Charge Mods, Phone & Devices but the are not Smart!

Speaking of Smart. What are these Smarts' Mods you all have been talking about?

I agree...TC40W vs. 30W...more comfortable Fire Button and Lanyard Slots...

TC40W is slightly larger size...(but I really only notice when they're sitting side-by-side)...

TC40W has larger capacity battery (2600mAh vs. 30's 2200mAh)...

TC40W has faster charging (1Amp vs. 30's 500mA)...

[But...I use one of these "USB Charging Stations"...so I just plug it in and the Port automatically figures out the required Amps for charging...]

$11.99

Last edited:

Skullman

~ Membered ~
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone
    Well, This is Good to see KeloGes! Thanks for Posting!

I took a Leap of Faith with the Vaporesso Coils I figured if they were going to dump that much money into research and design let alone manufacturing that they must have done some studies on whether they were safe!

Anyway, I'm coming up on a month of use with these cCell Ceramic Coils in Eight (8) Tanks that are used in Daily Rotation. I will give an Update on what my experience has been with them!

Vaporesso Ceramic Coil Update 1-26-16

KelogGes

ECF Veteran
    Mar 7, 2015
    Ft Lauderdale FL
    I was very disappointed to learn I could not use my Nautilus Mini's with the Vaporesso Ceramic cCell TC Coils to say the least! I like my Nautilus TC Mini's very much and at first thought they made a TC cCell that fit my Nautilus !!!

However I have been busy but finally ordered an Aspire Triton 2 V2 clone 3 ml with stainless drop protection top cover with juice level window so I can use the Vaporesso Ceramic cCell nickel TC Coils with my 40 W iStick and ordered them also today; should have both next week I think via snail mail

I truly think/believe these TC Ceramic cCell coils are a game changer in vaping !!!

It took me some time studying different TC tanks to finally find the 22.5 millimeter diameter With stainless 3 ml top with window Triton 2 V2 clone replacement to say the least I won't break from dropping and can keep in my pocket when working

I will report my TC cCell findings with my 40 W iStick TC soon

Last edited:

KelogGes

ECF Veteran
    Mar 7, 2015
    Ft Lauderdale FL
    Well, This is Good to see KeloGes! Thanks for Posting!

I took a Leap of Faith with the Vaporesso Coils I figured if they were going to dump that much money into research and design let alone manufacturing that they must have done some studies on whether they were safe!

Anyway, I'm coming up on a month of use with these cCell Ceramic Coils in Eight (8) Tanks that are used in Daily Rotation. I will give an Update on what my experience has been with them!

Howdy Skully you are more than welcome!

A leap of faith can sometimes reap great
    Reward!!! That only time will tell!

I know a little about the benefits of sintered ceramics and temperature control and filtration

From what I have read ln several places about these coils and my life experiences I believe we have a vaping game changer and I have not even tested one yet and cant wait to test them

You Have and seem to like them very much on several tanks :toast:

Last edited:
    Reactions: TrollDragon

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone
    Hey Gerrymi: Thanks! I get it looking for alternatives to iSticks. Whoa on those Prices! They can save themselves $5 to $10 Bucks purchasing an I stick 40 watt TC! Patients and a little looking around you can find the 40's for $24.95! I've purchased 8 at this price. Four initially for myself then another Four at various times since the original Four as gifts. One just three weeks ago!

Battery on the Smart-30 is Impressive!

Never sure whether people were discussing the...

The Smart-30...4200mAh...$34.97:

MyVapeSupplies.com - Athena Smart-30 Box Mod

OR

The Smart-30 II...2200mAh...$29.32:

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

Skullman

~ Membered ~
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone
    Hey KelogGes: Yes, I Believe You are Right! I have a subscription to Vape Magazine. There is all kinds of talk about Ceramic Coils on the Wholesale Level. Chinese Manufactures are going overboard wanting to be the First to Bring Their Version Here! Just Like Grimm Green Stated in His Video. I would be more concerned with the copies then the originals!

You Just may be Correct that these are Game Changers.

I think they will be available at some point in the Nautilus Coils! Many other styles too!

I'm coming up on a Month of use will share all I have experienced with them!

Check Your PM!

Howdy Skully you are more than welcome!

A leap of faith can sometimes reap great
    Reward!!! That only time will tell!

I know a little about the benefits of sintered ceramics and temperature control and filtration

From what I have read ln several places about these coils and my life experiences I believe we have a vaping game changer and I have not even tested one yet and cant wait to test them

You Have and seem to like them very much on several tanks :toast:

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

I have tested them. No game changer for me.

But other people love them.

:2c:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Interesting, Katya. I suppose it depends on which game we're currently playing, whether or not the cCells change things up.

Like my dearest friend Tibs, I'm not jumping on any more bandwagons. There's so much hype in our vaping world. Every month or so somebody proclaims something to be a game changer (or a Kayfun killer)... As far as I'm concerned, there have been only two true game changers in vaping: 1) fillerless toppers (clearomizers, RTAs, etc.) and 2) variable voltage (wattage) regulated mods. Temperature limiting technology (Evolv's DNA40) may also be one of them when it's perfected/simplified.

But ceramic? I don't think so. First, ceramic wicks have been used in vaping forever--from the ill-fated vaping donuts to tried and true Nextel Ready Wicks.

Pure Magic... no foolin'

Now China has discovered ceramics and, again, seems like every coil manufacturer is coming out with their own version. I tried
    Vaporesso (I won the tank) and it just didn't wow me at all. I'm now using the tank with Melo 2 rebuildable coils and it's quite nice, but not my favorite setup. I have my doubts about the materials used in Chinese ceramic coils and their sintering process, but since I can't prove anything, I'll just keep those doubts to myself. That said, if I felt that ceramic wicks delivered superior flavor and performance, I'd use Nextel wicks (and non-sintered Kanthal coils
    wink.gif
    ).

But that's just me. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread