Eleaf iStick : part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Oh @Katya - I was soooooo hoping ceramic would hold up better than regular wicking material with NETs. Guess not, huh? Oh well...a gal can dream, I guess.

I've read Cheech's blog about rebuilding GS-Air coils, and I'm afraid any kind of rebuilding is above my skill set. :(

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Oh @Katya - I was soooooo hoping ceramic would hold up better than regular wicking material with NETs. Guess not, huh? Oh well...a gal can dream, I guess.

This is just my opinion... The jury is still out. There are folks, like Tia, who overheat those coils to "clean" them, but that is not necessarily recommended by the manufacturer. As a matter of fact, Vaporesso's description of "self-cleaning" is rather murky, to say the least.

And we're still waiting for Grim (and Phil) to report on those "toxic" findings. It's all rumor and innuendo as of now.

Anyway, it's just me. I don't want to use any ceramic coils until I see some studies showing that the vapor they produce is safe. But others love those coils.

I've read Cheech's blog about rebuilding GS-Air coils, and I'm afraid any kind of rebuilding is above my skill set. :(

I prefer to rebuild atties that were specifically designed to be rebuilt, like Subtank mini, Kayfun 4 or Lemo. That's what I would recommend if you're just trying to learn. It takes a little effort at the beginning, but is totally doable. If I can do it, so can you. :)

Good luck.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Hey Katya: I don't have any of the other Vaporesso Tanks or Mods just the Coils. One of my thoughts with them were the Heavy Dark eLiquids Like Wakonda & Atlanta or the other Tobacco and Coffee eLiquids that Clog my coils. So Of course I have set those tanks Up with these New cCell Ceramic Coils! Another Coil Clogging Flavor Frequency from Electric Lotus a Very Layered Complex eLiquid!

I really like the Subtank Mini's for Complex Layered eLiquids but they don't hold up well to some of them but while they are working well or correctly they are Amazing with Taste! I'm hoping the Ceramics will be a Game Changer with these! As My Subtank Mini with Frequency is Spitting and Popping!

So Far So Good with the cCell Ceramics No Signs of Clogging which I usually see within a couple days of use. Yes, they're still New and the Vote is still out and there is the Toxic thing that still worries some. But I believe I had enough info to give it a good try!

Though I have gone down the road of GS Coil Rebuilding I too prefer Coils, Tanks or Decks that are made specifically for this practice! I've given up on the Russians & Kayfuns but My Lemo's, Lemo 2's get a Huge Workout all the time. The Factory RBA's from Aspire, Kanger & Joyetech get a similar workout! I have found Coil Builds that Fit Specific Flavors!

But I'm Lazy some times too and would rather just Pop another Coil in and get back to Vaping and other activities! This is were I Hope these cCell Ceramics will Play in! Longer Life is up on the list too!

love coffee; I wouldn't throw the towel in on the Ceramics just yet! There's not a lot of us regular folks using them yet! Opinions are well, you know so lets see what actual Real Life Use of these Ceramics afford us before we Throw the Towel in!

I'm open to New Product and not Limiting Myself to just One Tank or Coil! I Love Great Flavor and I like Devices and their Components to Last a Reasonable Time! The Aspire Atlantis Line of Tanks along with Kanger Subtanks & Joyetech Delta II's are all Quality Tanks and Components that Give Great Flavor and have held up with Heavy Use! Now we have these Ceramics that could be up with them and maybe even surpass with time?

But we will only know if we venture out and see if they do what some people say they can do! I'm trying to see if indeed they are like what some have Very Happily Proclaim!

So Far I'm Enjoying these New Ceramic Coils!

I'll Take the Luck!

Skully {:{}

LC, I have the Target tank and the coils that came with it. I don't think that ceramic coils are a match for any dark, sweet, coil clogging juices or NETs. They clog up quickly and are not rebuildable. If you like NETs, a plain old kanthal coils with cotton or Ekowool or even silica wick are still the best option--just recoil and/or rewick and you have a brand new coil.

I love my GS tanks also--and I hope that they won't switch to ceramic coils. :lol:

This is just my opinion... The jury is still out. There are folks, like Tia, who overheat those coils to "clean" them, but that is not necessarily recommended by the manufacturer. As a matter of fact, Vaporesso's description of "self-cleaning" is rather murky, to say the least.

And we're still waiting for Grim (and Phil) to report on those "toxic" findings. It's all rumor and innuendo as of now.

Anyway, it's just me. I don't want to use any ceramic coils until I see some studies showing that the vapor they produce is safe. But others love those coils.

I prefer to rebuild atties that were specifically designed to be rebuilt, like Subtank mini, Kayfun 4 or Lemo. That's what I would recommend if you're just trying to learn. It takes a little effort at the beginning, but is totally doable. If I can do it, so can you. :)

Good luck.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Nice write up Skully! Please keep us informed of how the CCell coils are working out for you. Another Wakonda lover here. Like you, I just wish it didn't clog my coils so quickly. I don't rebuild. I mostly use GS Airs and more recently a Kabuki tank with the Aspire Nautilus's BVC's. I also have an Aspire Triton 2 and an Ego One Mega which I use with TC coils. I have an ISub Apex which gives great flavor, but leaks a lot, so I have given up on it. I am a MTL flavor chaser and am always on the search for a tank that gives the best flavor , doesn't leak, and has long lasting coils.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Hey Jingles: Thanks! I will!

Wakonda a Big Fav of Mine!

I found that the Original Aspire Atlantis Tanks work best MTL for me! The Little more Narrow Drip Tip over the Atlantis II Helps with the MTL! And Yes you can still Find the Original Atlantis Tanks! Keep and eye on Vapor Joe's website for deals! I try to check everyday cause you can really score some great deals! Got my Aspire Triton Tanks for $12 bucks a piece! Come with 2 Coils and Top Fill a Pretty Good Score! They would work well MTL as well! I'm hoping the New cCell Ceramics will be a game changer for these Dark Heavy Liquids! We'll see?

Kangers Subtank Mini's are Exceptional with Flavor! Switching out Drip Tips help with MTL! I have the Ming Vase Shaped Drip Tips on some for MTL! A Friend in the Forum gave me a Molehill Mountain Drip Tip that is Wonderful as MTL with the Subtank Mini's! The Atlantis & Subtank Coils are a Little better dealing with the Dark Heavy eLiquids then some others! Good Life too!

I'm a Fan of the GS-Tanks as well but they are limited with Coil Size & Design. I also have the M & MS Tanks. Lighter eLiquids with 50/50 PG/VG work better for me in em!

The only way to know what works Best for you is trying New and Different Product!

Good Luck!

Skully {:{}

Nice write up Skully! Please keep us informed of how the CCell coils are working out for you. Another Wakonda lover here. Like you, I just wish it didn't clog my coils so quickly. I don't rebuild. I mostly use GS Airs and more recently a Kabuki tank with the Aspire Nautilus's BVC's. I also have an Aspire Triton 2 and an Ego One Mega which I use with TC coils. I have an ISub Apex which gives great flavor, but leaks a lot, so I have given up on it. I am a MTL flavor chaser and am always on the search for a tank that gives the best flavor , doesn't leak, and has long lasting coils.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I am a MTL flavor chaser and am always on the search for a tank that gives the best flavor , doesn't leak, and has long lasting coils.

Me as well. Thankfully, I'm content with the Kabuki and the CeroTanks, and the Naughties as well. They all perform exceptionally well, no leaks, and no need to look for the next-best. :)

Love live the blister packs. ;)

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Darn it. I was just getting close to having.my collection complete...
iStick TC100W FIRMWARE UPGRADABLE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Eleaf are giving away 25 in a pre-order contest listed on FB. I entered in anticipation. I've really been enjoying using the iStick 100W original, as well as it's sister company {WISMEC} Presa 75Wtc, so the new TC100W is sort of like the best of both worlds :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Ego One Mega which I use with TC coils.

Jingles, if you like Ego One TC coils, you should try their clr coils. I like them a lot and they are very easy to rewick/dry burn and/or rebuild. And in the present uncertain regulatory climate, having coils that can be rebuilt is very important to me. So I'm mostly trying and buying single horizontal coil heads because they are so simple to rebuild--and usually work much better rebuilt. I have a growing collection of used Kanger Subtank OCC (horizontals), GS Air and Joye CLR coils in addition to my RBAs. Just in case.

I don't dislike vertical coils, but I don't want to rebuild them. Too much hassle.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Hey 'Stickers!

happy katurday.jpg

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I now think these coils might not work in my Nautilus and will haft to consider getting an Aspire Atlantis tank clone or other Mini that will work with these coils as I really want to use

In the cCell thread...a number of people posted that the cCell will NOT work in the Nautilus.

Tanks that they will work in:

75W Vaporesso TARGET 2 VTC Kit with Ceramic cCELL Coil

I am a MTL flavor chaser and am always on the search for a tank that gives the best flavor , doesn't leak, and has long lasting coils.

from Spinfuel:

The Cubis tank is a state-of-the-art tank, with hidden airflow and a leak proof glass tank.

CUBIS_11-300x131.png
In the four years of reviewing vape gear I’ve never seen a tank like the Cubis. It looks to me as though Joyetech has listened to what all vapers had to say about how they “wish” a tank could be and then made it happen.

Clapton Coil for Mouth to Lung
Joyetech has developed and produced the very first Clapton coil for mouth to lung users a 1.5 ohms’ coil head that provides the mouth to lung vaper a whole new level of satisfaction.

The biggest problem for mouth to lung vapers was getting enough flavor and vapor from a tight draw coil head. With this new Clapton coil set up that is no longer an issue. I spent more than a day using this coil head on one of my Cubis tanks and I have to tell you, had this been around when I switched to sub-ohm tanks I doubt I would have adopted the Lung Hit method of vaping. If you are a mouth to lung vaper that has never been thrilled by the performance of your tank and coil heads, I urge you to try one of these. I’m betting you won’t find anything on the market that hits better, or provides as much flavor.

Joyetech Cubis Tank Review - Spinfuel eMagazine

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Asking a question here for a friend who is having problems with her 50 watt istick, purchased as a Christmas present -- It works when it is plugged in to the charger, but won't do anything when unplugged. Thoughts? Thanks for any advice!

as @Bikenstein was so fond of saying - eleaf carries a 90-day warranty on their products ;)

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
as @Bikenstein was so fond of saying - eleaf carries a 90-day warranty on their products ;)
Is this 90 day warranty only good if the purchase was made through eleaf's site? The istick in question was bought from myvaporstore, who says their own warranty is only 30 days.

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
Is this 90 day warranty only good if the purchase was made through eleaf's site? The istick in question was bought from myvaporstore, who says their own warranty is only 30 days.
Seems that there are a few bad eggs in the batches. I got a faulty one originally and returned it (some store via ebay) and then got it again from MVS and lucked in. Seems that best thing to do with these is test thoroughly right away and exchange if any issue arises.

Otherwise been loving this thing like no other as my first step up from a mech for lower wattage builds than my old iStick VV3 could handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread