Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Anyone familiar with the (I assume the most recent) Eleaf iStick 100 watt TC?

I hear a lot of mixed reviews on Eleaf....
I have the 100 tc and it's a great mod, particularly for the price. It's the first eleaf mod I have, but most reviewers have commented that it's the most well made eleaf product thus far.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigrobbie

bigrobbie

Reviewer / Blogger
Feb 13, 2016
Alabama
I have the 100 tc and it's a great mod, particularly for the price. It's the first eleaf mod I have, but most reviewers have commented that it's the most well made eleaf product thus far.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

I read somewhere something about installing firmware or something along those lines....

Its really a great mod. I got it bc in temp mode my TC40w battery didnt last through the day and I wanted more time between charges. being parallel this mod has great battery life. I could probably get a solid 2-3 days from a full charge easily. The first generation of the 50w Eleaf Isticks had an autofiring issue which got eleaf alot of bad press. It was fixed soon but the damage (to their rep) was done. Ive had a 3 Eleaf products (Istick 30w, TC40w and TC100w) and have had zero problems with any of them. The firmware upgrade isnt something you need to do if you dont want to, its just for those who like having the option. the only downside is at first its a bit tricky to adjust the wattage when your in temp mode. But Ive had mine 2 or 3 weeks and its non-issue for me now, just got used to it I guess.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I like Eleaf's products and especially their prices. I have an old iStick 20W that's been everywhere in my pocket and has the scratches to prove it. It still works as advertised and produces a good, dependable vape.

I lost some faith in Eleaf a couple of years ago when I bought one of the earlier iStick 50W mods. I loved the design, the feel, and the performance, but two of them died with failed displays within the 90 day warranty period. I haven't bought an Eleaf mod since.

Now, I'm also looking at iStick for an inexpensive TC mod, but I'm leaning toward the Reuleaux RX200. I'm not sure if I want a triple 18650 mod and the case is kind of funny shaped with the batteries in an arrangement that makes it a little fat. That said, it gets good reviews. The RX200 is user firmware updateable from a computer.

My Smok Koopor Plus 200W that requires the user to buy a Eprom burner for $30 to do the update. In it's V1.002 firmware version it won't do TC properly. It's so hot that it can burn your tongue. TCR settings don't fix it.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I own two 'official' eLeaf products and a number of iStick20 clones.

They are small and light. The only issue I've had is with the TC40's 510 pin. While I have a tank that works with it currently mounted, I feel it does not have much life left. The other one is a 'Pico', I have not really used it much but it seems to be a solid device and I really can't (at least at this early stage) find any fault with it other than being so small it limits the size of 'topper' one can mount.

I think eLeaf went on to claim that many of the iStick 50 issues were with clones that they obviously have no control over. I know a number of folks that loved their iStick50's and never had any issues with them.

I figure every OEM will release a dud or not-so-perfect product. Kanger comes to mind as a company who can't seem to make a decent TC mod after a number of failed attempts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread