Steer me in the right direction please

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Irish4u

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2016
PA
that is probably a 6mg nic or a .6% I think - I tend to stick to the non percent number to keep from confusing myself :)
Yes its supposedly .06% I was considering going down to .03% but I'll wait for the new setup to make that decision, I may need to go down anyway from what I am told about the strength of the topbox mini compared to what I am using now

2Irish4u

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2016
PA
The Reason I asked is that using an e-Cigarette is Both having decent Hardware and having an e-liquid that you like.

You mentioned in you Original Post that you were looking for More Vapor. And for something a Little more Satisfying. Something Very Simple (and Inexpensive) you can do is Buy a 15ml Bottle of say 9mg/ml @ 30%PG:70%VG in a Flavor that you know you like.

The Higher Percentage of VG will give you More Vapor. And you might find the Slight Higher Nicotine Level to be a bit more Satisfying.

Might be worth a Try before you buy a New mod and a New Atomizer.
Thank you for the suggestion and I understand where you were going with that but the last thing I want to do is raise the nicotine level, I am puffing on this thing all day and even where I am at now, I an worried that it's more nicotine then when I smoked, I am not sure how it all works out with the nicotine in the vaporizer compared to cigarettes. I just think if I had a better device in general that I was getting better hits from I won't use it quite as much as I am but who knows.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you for the suggestion and I understand where you were going with that but the last thing I want to do is raise the nicotine level, I am puffing on this thing all day and even where I am at now, I an worried that it's more nicotine then when I smoked, I am not sure how it all works out with the nicotine in the vaporizer compared to cigarettes. I just think if I had a better device in general that I was getting better hits from I won't use it quite as much as I am but who knows.

I won't worry too much about the Nicotine. But you know best as to what you want to use. But consider giving a Higher VG Level a Try sometime.

I can use the Same Nicotine Level @ 50:50 and I don't feel like I am getting much of a Hit. But at 30%PG:70%VG I do.

But of course, Everyone is Different.

2Irish4u

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2016
PA
I won't worry too much about the Nicotine. But you know best as to what you want to use. But consider giving a Higher VG Level a Try sometime.

I can use the Same Nicotine Level @ 50:50 and I don't feel like I am getting much of a Hit. But at 30%PG:70%VG I do.

But of course, Everyone is Different.
Oh yes that is something I am going to try for sure, as I believe I have to get a higher vg level for the top box mini anyway so I am curious to experience the difference. I think I am going to start with 60vg and go from there as recommended

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Oh yes that is something I am going to try for sure, as I believe I have to get a higher vg level for the top box mini anyway so I am curious to experience the difference. I think I am going to start with 60vg and go from there as recommended

It Isn't so much that you have to use Higher VG in a Subtank Mini. It's just what you will like Better in it.

This is part of what can make getting into e-Cigarettes Hard for someone New sometimes. Finding a Good Combination of Atomizer, Watts, mg/ml, PG to VG, and of course Flavor.

It takes a Little Trial and Error. But you'll get where you Want to Be.

Reactions: 2Irish4u

2Irish4u

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2016
PA
It Isn't so much that you have to use Higher VG in a Subtank Mini. It's just what you will like Better in it.

This is part of what can make getting into e-Cigarettes Hard for someone New sometimes. Finding a Good Combination of Atomizer, Watts, mg/ml, PG to VG, and of course Flavor.

It takes a Little Trial and Error. But you'll get where you Want to Be.
Well I certainly found that out quickly lol, while I haven't experimented with the pg/vg levels I have found out that what flavors I thought I would like, I don't. I guess everyone goes thru this, I now have 12 bottles of e juice that I will never use. I thought the flavors I liked in life would carry over, how wrong I was. I only like one flavor at least I found that out 12 bottles in and not 20 lol. The watts,% and vg/pg will all be something I have to experiment with I guess it's all trial and error and with all the help on here I have no doubt it'll be easier with all of you.

Reactions: zoiDman

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
How would one know if they are using quality e juice? I get mine from a local shop that makes their own so I assume is good but how would I know?
There are some expensive name brand juices out there... and you'll never know if it's created in a quality clean environment. DIY is what I do for 99% of my juices now. There is a huge DIY section in this forum. There are recipes for hundreds of clones of the name brand juices. If you vape a lot (especially in deep sub ohm - .3 or less) it's the cheapest way to go. It's something you can read up on while you learn to vape the new gear.

This thread usually has sales posted on many juice lines :
DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals (go to last couple pages)

There are also a dozen sites where you can get 120 ml of juice for $20.

You may find that the 6 mg juice could be a little strong in the new gear. The issue is the Subtank Mini with your kit will vaporize more juice than the little coils of your Aspires. With the 1.5 ohm coils it may be a slight difference not to worry about, but if it is an issue you can always buy the same flavor juice in a zero nic and combine the two to cut the nic in half. 2 parts zero nic juice and 1 part nic juice cuts the nic to 1/3. Simple math and an easy issue to solve.

(We're probably back in the info overload) Don't worry, just relax. You can find the simple answers to what you don't understand here.

2Irish4u

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2016
PA
There are some expensive name brand juices out there... and you'll never know if it's created in a quality clean environment. DIY is what I do for 99% of my juices now. There is a huge DIY section in this forum. There are recipes for hundreds of clones of the name brand juices. If you vape a lot (especially in deep sub ohm - .3 or less) it's the cheapest way to go. It's something you can read up on while you learn to vape the new gear.

This thread usually has sales posted on many juice lines :
DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals (go to last couple pages)

There are also a dozen sites where you can get 120 ml of juice for $20.

You may find that the 6 mg juice could be a little strong in the new gear. The issue is the Subtank Mini with your kit will vaporize more juice than the little coils of your Aspires. With the 1.5 ohm coils it may be a slight difference not to worry about, but if it is an issue you can always buy the same flavor juice in a zero nic and combine the two to cut the nic in half. 2 parts zero nic juice and 1 part nic juice cuts the nic to 1/3. Simple math and an easy issue to solve.

(We're probably back in the info overload) Don't worry, just relax. You can find the simple answers to what you don't understand here.
Thank you, I wasn't even aware that it was something simple enough to do myself, at $20 for a 30ml (I think that's the size) is getting pricey. I had no idea it was that easy, I'll get there eventually I am sure.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
They are most often referred to as "wraps"
Kanger Subox Mini Kit skins | Wrap your Personal Vaporizer in a Custom Skin Today
Exotic Stabilized Wood
Box Mod Printed Skinz – Vapor Skinz
Stickers pretty much describes them. Some people enjoy decorating their mods, with wraps or fancy drip tips, or bling.
Here is a thread for "decorations"
Show us your girly, pretty, decorated, pink!

2Irish4u

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2016
PA
Wow, I can't believe people put all that crap on their equipment lol some of it is cute but I saw some overboard stuff...I did recently find the silicone covers too which I think is a good idea, have you had good luck with the covers, does anyone use them? How do the stickers/wraps work on the tanks? I would think they would peel and stuff, not that I'll be doing that but just curious

Reactions: mauricem00

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
Wow, I can't believe people put all that crap on their equipment lol some of it is cute but I saw some overboard stuff...I did recently find the silicone covers too which I think is a good idea, have you had good luck with the covers, does anyone use them? How do the stickers/wraps work on the tanks? I would think they would peel and stuff, not that I'll be doing that but just curious
my segelei regulated mods came with silicone covers and they give it a softer feel in the hand and make it easier to keep clean.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
In regard to Nicotine comparisons, you can vape like a mad person and not increase your yield or addiction. I know folk who vape huge amounts and they all agree their addiction is decreased. 1ml of 12mg is not 12 x 1mg cigarettes.
I vape 12mg more often than not. Never less than 2ml and more than, say 4ml.
I'm barely addicted.... seriously. 3 or 6 hours no vaping, no problem.
There are lots of theories out there. If you are chain-vaping, up the Nic. :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I guess everyone goes thru this, I now have 12 bottles of e juice that I will never use. I thought the flavors I liked in life would carry over, how wrong I was. I only like one flavor at least I found that out 12 bottles in and not 20 lol.

Don't toss those other 11 bottles of eliquid out that you don't like right now! As they age, as your tastes change the more you vape, etc. ...you may find that you actually like them later. Also, if you do get into DIY eliquids, you may find that some flavoring(s) you buy can be added to the 11 you don't really like...to make them tasty enough to use.

I "saved" a large bottle of Banana Nut Bread I didn't like at all...by adding alittle bit of Vanilla Bean and some more Banana flavoring to it. Now, it's one of my favorite e-liquids!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I've not tried the wraps but I do really like the feel of the silicone covers.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
I like to keep some vanilla or vanilla custard on hand, in my usual nicotine strength and pg/vg levels. I have managed to make a few eliquids that I was not fond of at least vapeable for me.

I don't know how long you have had the eliquids that you have on hand currently, but some eliquids benefit from some steep time. For me, creams/custards and some bakery flavors do not start "coming into their own" until at least two weeks after I get them.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I use silicone covers on a number of mods. I do not use wraps.

2Irish4u

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2016
PA
Don't toss those other 11 bottles of eliquid out that you don't like right now! As they age, as your tastes change the more you vape, etc. ...you may find that you actually like them later. Also, if you do get into DIY eliquids, you may find that some flavoring(s) you buy can be added to the 11 you don't really like...to make them tasty enough to use.

I "saved" a large bottle of Banana Nut Bread I didn't like at all...by adding alittle bit of Vanilla Bean and some more Banana flavoring to it. Now, it's one of my favorite e-liquids!
Thank you, that's a great idea! I knew I wasn't gonna throw them out but didn't know what I was gonna do with them, that's a great idea, thank you

Reactions: Vesuvius
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread