Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I was thinking more of Ti for all the metal parts, not full Ti. Would the loss in weight be that small? A Radius with a battery weighs what, 170g approximately?

R
I'm thinking that the weight savings would be negligible with just the metal parts. For me, the Ti ProVari's really shine in 18350 mode, because of the reduced weight of the mod plus the weight savings of the smaller battery. A greater percentage of weight is shed, with the Radius, the overall percentage of possible weight savings with just doing the metal bits would be a very small number, for a large price increase. It would be crazy to offer it on just bling appeal without any substantial weight savings.

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
Had to laugh, I'm talking about the P3 Ti....

Look down, and.....
586d573022e45df8e58688587eead14a.jpg

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My own personal opinion is that it wouldn't be worth it. I think it was only 143(ish) without battery. That should drop to something around 100 (96, 97, etc.). Each person must decide for themselves.

And ignore this calculation (downside of multi-tasking). The delta wouldn't even be that large (likely only between 25 & 50% of that).

Carrying on...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I was thinking more of Ti for all the metal parts, not full Ti. Would the loss in weight be that small? A Radius with a battery weighs what, 170g approximately?

R
Here ya go tizz:

without battery, my black Radius weighs 145.8g, bottom plate and screws weighs 30.8g. With my Russian on top weight is 268.9g /9.49oz. With battery and no atty 6.69oz/189.8g.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Hey Kat,
I think the Ti Master StealthyTx should start the Ti Radius thread. I'm new to the Provape forum. A more Provape knowledgeable person should do it. Or maybe someone that owns a Radius and would like to see a Ti in the near future.

I wouldn't call myself the Ti Master...Ti ..... maybe :)

I'm thinking that the weight savings would be negligible with just the metal parts. For me, the Ti ProVari's really shine in 18350 mode, because of the reduced weight of the mod plus the weight savings of the smaller battery. A greater percentage of weight is shed, with the Radius, the overall percentage of possible weight savings with just doing the metal bits would be a very small number, for a large price increase. It would be crazy to offer it on just bling appeal without any substantial weight savings.

You could be right, I can't say. I always thought that the Radius seemed to have the form factor of 2 minis together wrapped by some plastic. If we pretended that were the case, a Ti mini weighs 53g or so, an 18650 44g, so 53gX2+44g+5g for plastic=155g or so for my fantasy Ti Radius. It's not like it cuts the weight in half or anything, just a 20% or so weight reduction, but it wouldn't be the brick that it is now.

Last edited:

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
without battery, my black Radius weighs 145.8g, bottom plate and screws weighs 30.8g. With my Russian on top weight is 268.9g /9.49oz. With battery and no atty 6.69oz/189.8g.

I wonder if the top plate is the same size/composition as the bottom plate...those two pieces alone could count for 50-60g.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Just for sssssss & giggles, I am weighing my P2.75 mini, with Cerotank SS attie full of e-liquid = 147g, battery included.
Remove attie Ti mini W/battery= 85.7g.

That is 104.1g lighter than the Radius with battery, Feather; meet brick :D

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Well maybe not a master but the other Stealthy.
You get the Ti Radius thread going and I will join you on dream.

I might, although I only occasionally lurked the Provape section until this past October, so maybe another long-time member should start it up.

I would actually like to see them go beyond the Radius, maybe a smaller Ti box mod using a li-po or smaller replaceable-style battery than an 18650. Forget about puff counters, money saved calculators, temp control etc...KISS.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I wonder if the top plate is the same size/composition as the bottom plate...those two pieces alone could count for 50-60g.
Ok, I'll take that number and run with it. Let's say 60g in metal bits as a very rough guess. Titanium can be 40-45% lighter than steel, I'll pick 45% just because...I come up with 27g. That leaves the device at 156.8g / 5.6oz, it is still substantially heavier than the Ti mini. And my Ti regular ProVari tips the scale, with battery, at 115.2g.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Ok, I'll take that number and run with it. Let's say 60g in metal bits as a very rough guess. Titanium can be 40-45% lighter than steel, I'll pick 45% just because...I come up with 27g. That leaves the device at 156.8g / 5.6oz, it is still substantially heavier than the Ti mini. And my Ti regular ProVari tips the scale, with battery, at 115.2g.

True, and with extension and an 18650, the Ti regular is 125g I believe. I'm curious now...lets say 60g in metal bits, 44g for the battery...there's a whopping 86g left, and I know a circuit board doesn't weigh that much.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
True, and with extension and an 18650, the Ti regular is 125g I believe. I'm curious now...lets say 60g in metal bits, 44g for the battery...there's a whopping 86g left, and I know a circuit board doesn't weigh that much.
Right, there's a whole bunch of plastic in there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread