Sub ohm means under 1.0 ohm right? My ohm is .4. Is subohming bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Sub ohming is different, good or bad depends on your preference.

Acrolein is produced under dry burn conditions which are unvapeable. Trust me, if you get a hit that is producing acrolein, your not going to keep on vaping it.

Sub ohming does require knowledge of ohms law and battery safety as it can push the batteries up to and past their limits which can be dangerous.

.41 is a relatively mild build, I wouldn't worry about it :)

Reactions: Baditude

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. You are correct subohming means vaping a coil value lower than 1.0 ohms. It's not about good or bad, it's about what works for you. You need fear subohm no more than +ohm vaping, as far as nasty chemicals go. As has been said, I guarantee you will know when you get a dry hit.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
does sub ohming really produce acrolein? Is that true . My aspire Atlantis on my sigelei 150 watt has a .41 ohm. Is this bad?
If the goal is to produce the maximum amount of vapor you'll need lots of coil surface area and may be two coils instead of one. The resulting ohm's will be lower meaning the power flows more efficiently. To make heat you want less efficiency, not more. If you made your coil out of copper wire the power would flow so efficiently that most of the electricity would simply flow from one side of the battery to the other and produce very little heat.

I'm not trying to produce the maximum amount of vapor so I'm good with less coil surface area, higher resistance, more efficient conversion of power to heat, lower watts, less stress on the battery, better battery endurance, etc. My setup is below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread