Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Ok so I've been vaping on the Procyon for several hours now and am a bit stunned by the improvement in flavour using my cheap and cheerful Kanger top tank with the exact same juice I've been vaping for a month.

I don't understand how changing a mod but still running the same wattage (25 watts) can make such a noticeable improvement in flavour?

VERY happy though :)

There's nothing like a Provari! Congrats! Now slap a Kabuki on top and you'll believe you're in heaven! Yes you will!

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
Ok so I've been vaping on the Procyon for several hours now and am a bit stunned by the improvement in flavour using my cheap and cheerful Kanger top tank with the exact same juice I've been vaping for a month.

I don't understand how changing a mod but still running the same wattage (25 watts) can make such a noticeable improvement in flavour?

Let me know when you figure that out. All of my tanks and juice taste better on a ProVari and if you are wondering whether or not to go for a Kabuki, just do it. A Kabuki on a ProVari is truly ne plus ultra.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Let me know when you figure that out. All of my tanks and juice taste better on a ProVari and if you are wondering whether or not to go for a Kabuki, just do it. A Kabuki on a ProVari is truly ne plus ultra.
G'day mate, and Thankyou for your advice :)

I found a Kabuki tank with a P3 connection here in Australia for $124 but it's unclear if it has a rebuildable deck...and $124 is way too expensive anyway.

I'm not interested in buying prebuilt coils so whatever new tank I buy to replace the Kanger, which doesn't screw all the way down on the Procyon leaving a gap, must be affordable and rebuildable.
And preferably have a P3 connection.

I'm relatively new to vaping to please excuse my lack of knowledge :oops:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
G'day mate, and Thankyou for your advice :)

I found a Kabuki tank with a P3 connection here in Australia for $124 but it's unclear if it has a rebuildable deck...and $124 is way too expensive anyway.

I'm not interested in buying prebuilt coils so whatever new tank I buy to replace the Kanger, which doesn't screw all the way down on the Procyon leaving a gap, must be affordable and rebuildable.
And preferably have a P3 connection.

I'm relatively new to vaping to please excuse my lack of knowledge :oops:
No rebuildable deck available.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
No rebuildable deck available.
Oh, that's a shame :(

I recoiled and rewicked the Kanger tonight. A bit overdue as the old coil was pretty gunked up and the wick a little burnt so the flavour has improved outa sight :)

Pity it doesn't screw right down on the Procyon as that's really the only thing that bugs me at all. I'd be 99% happy with this tank if it wasn't for that tiny nit pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Oh, that's a shame :(

If you had one, you wouldn't think so. I had gone all in with rebuildables. I now have 2 KFL+ and a Russian 91% all clean and sitting in their original boxes in my vape drawer. I also now have 4 Kabuki tanks, all P3 threaded and hundreds of coils I've stock-piled. Are Nautilus coils disappointing on many atomizers? Yes. Are Nautilus coils disappointing on a Kabkuki? NO NO NO. In fact they perform as well, if not better and more consistently on a Kabuki than most any coil I could build myself on a Kayfun. That's my story and I'm'a stickin' to it!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
If you had one, you wouldn't think so. I had gone all in with rebuildables. I now have 2 KFL+ and a Russian 91% all clean and sitting in their original boxes in my vape drawer. I also now have 4 Kabuki tanks, all P3 threaded and hundreds of coils I've stock-piled. Are Nautilus coils disappointing on many atomizers? Yes. Are Nautilus coils disappointing on a Kabkuki? NO NO NO. In fact they perform as well, if not better and more consistently on a Kabuki than most any coil I could build myself on a Kayfun. That's my story and I'm'a stickin' to it!
I have 4 Kabukis as well and if I wasn't concerned about Nautilus coils disappearing in the future, I would happily just stick with them. Unfortunately the rebuildable Nauti coil is terrible to work with IMO and isn't a long term strategy for me that makes any sense nor is spending thousands on A Nauti coil stockpile. I do have about 15 boxes on hand and likely buying another 20-30 more, but after that, I have concerns.

I DO like my Kayfun Lite+ tanks as well as my rebuildable Kangers and Crowns, so they are in use too and are my ultimate backup plan.

Rebuilding isn't a problems for me at all... just rebuilding on a Nautilus coil is.:mad:

As an aside, I bought my wife a Triton Mini tank and for $20-25 and it is a great tank. Not a Kabuki, but I like it better than Nautilus Minis and it also uses Nauti coils. Great cheap option IME.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I have 4 Kabukis as well and if I wasn't concerned about Nautilus coils disappearing in the future, I would happily just stick with them. Unfortunately the rebuildable Nauti coil is terrible to work with IMO and isn't a long term strategy for me that makes any sense nor is spending thousands on A Nauti coil stockpile. I do have about 15 boxes on hand and likely buying another 20-30 more, but after that, I have concerns.

I DO like my Kayfun Lite+ tanks as well as my rebuildable Kangers and Crowns, so they are in use too and are my ultimate backup plan.

Rebuilding isn't a problems for me at all... just rebuilding on a Nautilus coil is.:mad:

As an aside, I bought my wife a Triton Mini tank and for $20-25 and it is a great tank. Not a Kabuki, but I like it better than Nautilus Minis and it also uses Nauti coils. Great cheap option IME.

My heads not buried in the sand, but I just believe (maybe blindly), there won't be a time when Nauty coils can't be found. If that day comes, I'm perfectly able and capable of building a decent coil on top of a Kayfun, so I'll be fine either way. I just so love my plug and play Kabuki life and how great they are.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
My heads not buried in the sand, but I just believe (maybe blindly), there won't be a time when Nauty coils can't be found. If that day comes, I'm perfectly able and capable of building a decent coil on top of a Kayfun, so I'll be fine either way. I just so love my plug and play Kabuki life and how great they are.
I'm with ya. I have concerns, but Aspire would be stupid to discontinue the Nautilus coils even though they discontinued the Nautilus tanks. Fasttech will have them for years moving forward IMO.

Even if the deeming makes them impossible to get in the US, I will mule them across the border and ship from NY State for my 'Merican Provape friends if need be!:)

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
My thoughts exactly. I just ordered seven boxes from SnailTech and they are doing just fine. I think that the Chinese will keep making coils as long as there is a demand.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014

This is the thing that got me using Provaris full time: the quality of the vape. I kept comparing the vape on my ProVari to the other devices I was using, and there really wasn't much of a comparison.

The power output is so smooth and accurate, you really can tell the difference.

They also design their devices to be capable of putting out something pretty close, if not spot on, to the power that the device indicates its putting out, so you hear people saying things like, "I'm using the same power on my ProVi, but it seems like more than I get with my xyz mod.", which it is because, chances are, their xyz mod isn't hitting the target power level and the same is true for low power vapers. They are getting an honest 3V, as opposed to what they would be getting using a device that can't down-regulate properly.

Now, there are other devices that are capable of doing this, but there are way more that are all over the place power-wise.

ProVaris just happen to be one of the best at doing it.

And then there's the reliability.

I'd carry Two, or Three mods, back a few Years ago, just because I knew from experience that if I dropped one on the sidewalk it was likely to code. Haven't had that happen with any of my ProVis yet. Don't expect it to either.

I never think twice about going out the door with one ProVari. Doesn't even enter my mind. Do it every day, in fact.

And, if I do, somehow, manage to kill one, there's a person, who's name I know, who will get the factory wonks to fix it for me.

easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Last edited:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Oh. And just to add: Safety first.

I'm all for having a good time and building a coil, sticking it on a mech, and Cloudz Bro, and can say for a certainty I've scared the wee out of myself a time or Two; but day to day, I do not want to think twice about my vape.

ProVari will not let you scare the wee out of yourself, even if you are actively trying to. They are, without any doubt in my mind, the safest vape on the planet. It's their mission statement, after all is said and done, and they take it very seriously.

Last edited:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
This is the thing that got me using Provaris full time: the quality of the vape. I kept comparing the vape on my ProVari to the other devices I was using, and there really wasn't much of a comparison.

The power output is so smooth and accurate, you really can tell the difference.

They also design their devices to be capable of putting out something pretty close, if not spot on, to the power that the device indicates its putting out, so you hear people saying things like, "I'm using the same power on my ProVi, but it seems like more than I get with my xyz mod.", which it is because, chances are, their xyz mod isn't hitting the target power level and the same is true for low power vapers. They are getting an honest 3V, as opposed to what they would be getting using a device that can't down-regulate properly.

Now, there are other devices that are capable of doing this, but there are way more that are all over the place power-wise.

ProVaris just happen to be one of the best at doing it.

And then there's the reliability.

I'd carry Two, or Three mods, back a few Years ago, just because I knew from experience that if I dropped one on the sidewalk it was likely to code. Haven't had that happen with any of my ProVis yet. Don't expect it to either.

I never think twice about going out the door with one ProVari. Doesn't even enter my mind. Do it every day, in fact.

And, if I do, somehow, manage to kill one, there's a person, who's name I know, who will get the factory wonks to fix it for me.

easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Oh. And just to add: Safety first.

I'm all for having a good time and building a coil, sticking it on a mech, and Cloudz Bro, and can say for a certainty I've scared the wee out of myself a time or Two; but day to day, I do not want to think twice about my vape.

ProVari will not let you scare the wee out of yourself, even if you are actively trying to. They are, without any doubt in my mind, the safest vape on the planet. It's their mission statement, after all is said and done, and they take it very seriously.

Here Here! :thumbs:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Anybody seen this

ProVari Procyon - Gold Limited Edition

PV-43_Procyon_Gold_02_w_m.jpg

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
There's nothing like a Provari! Congrats! Now slap a Kabuki on top and you'll believe you're in heaven! Yes you will!

Ok so after tons of research it does appear the Kabuki P3 with nautilus coils is the hot setup on a Provari.

It's a bloody expensive tank down here in Australia @ $124 and then there's the ongoing cost of $15 plus shipping for every 5 pack of nautilus coils.
3 bucks a coil is a massive premium over a few cents each for a rebuildable deck coil and cotton.

I don't get why there isn't a quality rba deck available for such a revered tank as the Kabuki.

I've been considering a geekvape avocado 24 which gets really good reviews, but may still suffer the same gap issue between the bottom of the tank and the top of the Procyon.

There's just so many tank options out there it boggles the mind lol

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Ok so after tons of research it does appear the Kabuki P3 with nautilus coils is the hot setup on a Provari.

It's a bloody expensive tank down here in Australia @ $124 and then there's the ongoing cost of $15 plus shipping for every 5 pack of nautilus coils.
3 bucks a coil is a massive premium over a few cents each for a rebuildable deck coil and cotton.

I don't get why there isn't a quality rba deck available for such a revered tank as the Kabuki.

I've been considering a geekvape avocado 24 which gets really good reviews, but may still suffer the same gap issue between the bottom of the tank and the top of the Procyon.

There's just so many tank options out there it boggles the mind lol

There is a revered RBA out there. Kayfun. Kayfun. Kayfun. But, expect to pay more for a Kayfun than a Kabuki. They recently released the Kayfun 5, which has gotten great reviews. I have two KFL+ v2 tanks and they're great. Note however that they are not P3 threaded. They are 510, but that's OK as you can use either on a Provari.

On pricing for Nautilus coils in Australia. Yes, that's much more than we pay for them here in the US. That said, think about how much you spent per pack of smokes and the $3/coil won't seem so awful. I say that because on average a coil lasts me about 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread