RTS Trivia Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Good Afternoon Vapers. Everyone help me congratulate a first time winner @Mandikay for winning this weeks trivia! Thanks to everyone that played, see the correct answers below.

1. According to the Curtiss Candy Company, after whom was the Baby Ruth candy bar named?
a. Ruth Cleveland, the firstborn daughter of President Grover Cleveland

2. What is the source of the tails in oxtail soup?
a. Beef Cattle

3. What is a Welsh rabbit?
a. Welsh rabbit is a cheese dish whose name is an ironic allusion to the poverty of those Welsh people who were too poor to afford meat

4. What is the most common main ingredient in mock turtle soup?
a. Calf’s head

5. Where were English muffins invented?
a. America. The English muffin was invented by Samuel Bath Thomas in New York about 1800

6. What percentage of buttermilk is butter?
a. 0%, buttermilk contains no butter

7. Why are some olives green rather than black?
a. Green olives are picked before they are ripe

8. After whom is the Caesar salad named?
a. The Caesar salad was named after Caesar Cardini, who created the salad in Mexico in 1924

9. What is sweetbread?
a. Sweetbread is not a bread, but the thymus or pancreas of a young animal, usually a calf

10. Why should Americans possibly not serve red wine at room temperature?
a. Because in the wine-growing areas of Europe room temperature is not 70 or 72 degrees, but is often 60 – 65 degrees Fahrenheit

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
This weeks trivia is here and brought to us by Magic :) The contest is for a 90% off coupon for up to $150 and the contest will run through Thursday night. Enjoy!

1. What magician starred in the A&E show Mindfreak?

2. What player from LSU did the Orlando Magic select with the first pick in the 1992 NBA draft?

3. In the Lord of the Rings series, the wizard Gandalf is initially known as Gandalf the Grey, but after assuming leadership of the Istari, what name does he assume?

4. In what game’s third edition would you find two main types of magic, arcane, and divine?

5. According to the Peter, Paul, and Mary song, where does Puff the Magic Dragon live?

6. What model was magician David Copperfield engaged to for six years before separating in 1999 after citing difficult work schedules?

7. In Harry Potter, what form does Harry take when he casts the Expecto Patronum spell?

8. Who, in 1791, composed the opera, The Magic Flute?

9. Who founded the Academy Award-winning motion pictures visual effects company Industrial Light and Magic in May 1975?

10. How many answers are there on a standard Magic 8 ball?

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Sadly folks, we had no trivia winners this week. Let's see if we can get more people playing this week and win some almost "free" products! You can find the correct answers from this contest below.

1. What magician starred in the A&E show Mindfreak?
a. Criss Angel

2. What player from LSU did the Orlando Magic select with the first pick in the 1992 NBA draft?
a. Shaquille O’Neal

3. In the Lord of the Rings series, the wizard Gandalf is initially known as Gandalf the Grey, but after assuming leadership of the Istari, what name does he assume?
a. Gandalf the White

4. In what game’s third edition would you find two main types of magic, arcane, and divine?
a. Dungeons and Dragons

5. According to the Peter, Paul, and Mary song, where does Puff the Magic Dragon live?
a. Honah Lee

6. What model was magician David Copperfield engaged to for six years before separating in 1999 after citing difficult work schedules?
a. Claudia Schiffer

7. In Harry Potter, what form does Harry take when he casts the Expecto Patronum spell?
a. A stag or deer

8. Who, in 1791, composed the opera, The Magic Flute?
a. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

9. Who founded the Academy Award-winning motion pictures visual effects company Industrial Light and Magic in May 1975?
a. George Lucas

10. How many answers are there on a standard Magic 8 ball?
a. 20

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
oh wow.......shame we didn't have any winners. Reckin we need to enter even if we think someone else has already beaten us to it. :) I do wish this was a random drawing from all correct entries rather than who is first. I think it would be more fair to those who work during the day. What do y'all think about that? It may be something vapin doesn't want to do, dunno. But thought I'd just toss it out there as an idea

Reactions: oplholik

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I got my juice over the weekend, I have only tried one so far and it is amazing, vaping on it now actually. Can't wait to try the rest of them, they smell amazing

Did you get the premade juice? Which did you get? I have been curious about them. :)

Would love to hear your thoughts on them.

Reactions: Mandikay

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Alright everybody, it is time for trivia again. This weeks topic will be Past and Present and we are going to try Deb's suggestion of a random draw for all correct answers (I actually have a random generator spreadsheet that I built a while back that will be perfect for this). The contest will run through Thursday night and the winner announced on Friday afternoon. You are playing for a 90% off coupon for up to $150. Good Luck and enjoy!

1. What was unusual about the hand-carved Great Seal of the U.S. that Soviet diplomats gave Averell Harriman in 1945 when he was U.S. ambassador to Moscow?

2. How often can the design of an American coin be changed without Congressional approval?

3. How many islands, reefs, and shoals make up the Hawaiian archipelago?

4. What city on the Virginia-North Carolina border is named for the two states?

5. Who was the first U.S. citizen to cross the Continental Divide?

6. How many shots were fired in the famous gunfight at the O.K. Corral?

7. What building in Hayward, Wisconsin, is shaped like a muskie?

8. The life expectancy of the average American born in 1990 is 72.7 years for males and 76.1 for females. What was it for the average American born in 1900?

9. What animal served as Yale’s mascot before the bulldog?

10. How did Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward signal his anonymous Watergate source, Deep Throat, when he wanted to make contact?

11. What major American city passed an ordinance in 1838 making it necessary to get a license before serenading a woman?

12. Who was the first American to get oil drilling concessions in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread