New member with much confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Yeah, 2 1100mAh will for sure. They should last at least 3 months before they start getting noticeably shorter life. Start saving up for a mod to save money in long run, 18650 at low watts will last a couple years... 2 bay charger and 3 3000 mAh 18650's you'll only need to charge once every few days. Or they sell 3200 mAh EGO's too I see. Life expectancy is based on charge cycles so the less you have to charge it the longer it will last.

Jim bigam

Nov 30, 2016
Yeah, 2 1100mAh will for sure. They should last at least 3 months before they start getting noticeably shorter life. Start saving up for a mod to save money in long run, 18650 at low watts will last a couple years... 2 bay charger and 3 3000 mAh 18650's you'll only need to charge once every few days. Or they sell 3200 mAh EGO's too I see. Life expectancy is based on charge cycles so the less you have to charge it the longer it will last.

Do you have any recommendations for mods? Possibly something in the 50 dollar range?

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Do you have any recommendations for mods? Possibly something in the 50 dollar range?
Not really, just batteries and a charger probably $40. Pico maybe $25-$30. You want to be sure to get batteries at a good place and shipping is even more $. Then if you want a tank or Pico kit add another $10. Keep you eyes open around xmas time though, usually some amazing deals.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I agree with some of the posters here but not all.
I did all that massive airflow, chuff caps, ridiculous boxes and now I've upgraded to this style nowadays
IMG_0211.JPG

You see the dodgy looking box next door, no good IMO. It's friend is A great little piece which vapes like you do now, nice and mtl. I only go about 10/13 watts but I build my own and DIY and stuff so... Like one of the other guys who posted, this is a little tricky for a beginner so I would recommend getting a vamo, or provari (you Americans get great deals) for the main body
And get a nautilus mini as the atomiser.
Your rig could look something like this
IMG_0241.jpg

Obviously colours and that dodgy looking lip and drip tips can be changed and because of the ergonomics it feels as though your 'smoking' a classy, healthy, cigar sort of thing.
Admittedly the size is a little hard to get used to at first but it happens and you'll be really comfy.

You might grow to love the huge clouds and 100 watts like I did but now I don't. I feel much more comfortable with something like this now.

Most important thing for a rig like this is external good quality batteries and charger from a reputable vendor.
Get a couple batteries which fit your device and vaping like that you can definitely just charge one while you vape the other and go all day on an 18650 battery. This particular mod takes smaller batteries I think, but just shop around.
YMMV

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Yeah you can always upgrade your MTL, anything over 1 ohm should work on your current battery and you change watts by changing ohms. A simple MTL RTA in the future would be a great investment too. Nautilus coils are way over priced IMO, maybe try a K1... tank is about 1/3 the cost and coils are about 1/2 the price. I always suggest the evod because it's easy to just rewick it with cotton. I wouldn't even use the silica or whatevers in them, pull that out and put cotton in... much better flavour and clouds. Never used anything near 100w myself, usually restricted DTL simple 1 coil builds around 20w... not much higher then what some vape a nautilus. Did dual coil maybe 2 weeks at 40w, I prefer being able to see the TV though lol. To much fog for me.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
I very much agree with you about the battery issues of the e cig I have. It's constantly dying on me and I have to recharge about 2-3 times a day. That is one of the main reasons I also want to try that ego I mentioned. If that doesn't work out I saw Halo has a G6 cig a like with a better battery too. I definitely prefer a mouth to lung hit so anything I decide at this point I'll keep in mind to ask what system will work that way.

Mouth to lung. Use a higher resistance coil. 1.0 ohm and up (1.5 to 1.8 ohms are even better). Small bore mouth piece (so you have to suck harder), use a tank type with adjustable air flow. The less air going in, the harder you have to suck and longer the pull will be. Start at low wattage and work UP to where you like it. With mouth to lung, starting at low power is essential, otherwise you end up burning the cotton if your coil gets to hot due to the reduced air flow (the airflow cools the coil as you vape)

That is pretty much standard and will likely apply to nearly any tank. Avoid drip style atomizers, you can M2L but it is a pain in the .... to get them set up just right to do it.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Mouth to lung. Use a higher resistance coil. 1.0 ohm and up (1.5 to 1.8 ohms are even better). Small bore mouth piece (so you have to suck harder), use a tank type with adjustable air flow. The less air going in, the harder you have to suck and longer the pull will be. Start at low wattage and work UP to where you like it. With mouth to lung, starting at low power is essential, otherwise you end up burning the cotton if your coil gets to hot due to the reduced air flow (the airflow cools the coil as you vape)

That is pretty much standard and will likely apply to nearly any tank. Avoid drip style atomizers, you can M2L but it is a pain in the .... to get them set up just right to do it.

Your right but have you seen the new mtl dripper from GP?
Well, it's a normal dripper but you can adjust it and mtl properly apparently.
It looks good but as I'd have to carry a bottle anyway I may as well just keep on with the tanks

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Yeah you can always upgrade your MTL, anything over 1 ohm should work on your current battery and you change watts by changing ohms.

1 ohm is probably too low for a basic ego/evod battery. Low resistance coils for them are more in the 1.5-1.8Ω range. I wouldn't go any lower than 1.5Ω. The safeties are pretty rudimentary on these batteries so it's possible that the circuitry will fail if using too low of a resistance.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
1 ohm is probably too low for a basic ego/evod battery. Low resistance coils for them are more in the 1.5-1.8Ω range. I wouldn't go any lower than 1.5Ω. The safeties are pretty rudimentary on these batteries so it's possible that the circuitry will fail if using too low of a resistance.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
Oh yeah I was thinking of authentic, these are knock offs. Not sure if they even have low atty protection.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Well I just got my Ego ce4 in today and I'm impressed. The throat hit is so much better and I don't have to inhale forever as I did with the mark ten. It said to charge for 8 hours first use, but I wasn't about to wait that long so I let the charging light turn green and puffed away.

Do any of you guys know approximately how long I can expect the battery and 1.6 ml e juice to last in this thing if I puff on it throughout the day? Will the battery last all day with constant use?

I also should be getting my evod in a few weeks, fasttech website shows shipped so I'm hoping before Christmas. Hopefully that comes with variable voltage but I forgot to check before I placed my order.
Fast Tech don't really ship on the date they say, thats just when they scanned it. It should say "Send item abroad" or something with tracking number. Ex. I ordered Nov.2, "Shipped" Nov.8th actually shipped Nov. 17. Hope It's here this week or before xmas since I paid for "6-20 day typical" shipping. Yours I'd expect around late Jan.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
One of the great things about these forums, is the diversity. You have the bling junkies, some techies, some nerds, and some die hards. The junkies know a variety of mods, attys, etc. Techies know how things are supposed to work, die hards know the old staples and everything about them, and the nerds.. well... Those are the ones that need to know the "why it works". lol. By and large, people that like to build their own coils are a bit more of the nerdy type.
"If you have spent time in physics and chemistry forums looking up wire resistances and how they oxidize when heated, you might be a nerd."
LOL If you see an "Enthusiastic" discussion on here, you are probably watching a techie and a nerd.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
One of the great things about these forums, is the diversity. You have the bling junkies, some techies, some nerds, and some die hards. The junkies know a variety of mods, attys, etc. Techies know how things are supposed to work, die hards know the old staples and everything about them, and the nerds.. well... Those are the ones that need to know the "why it works". lol. By and large, people that like to build their own coils are a bit more of the nerdy type.
"If you have spent time in physics and chemistry forums looking up wire resistances and how they oxidize when heated, you might be a nerd."
LOL If you see an "Enthusiastic" discussion on here, you are probably watching a techie and a nerd.
"By and large, people that like to build their own coils are a bit more of the nerdy type." Or we are poor or just hate wasting money. I make juice too, not because I can't afford but because I hate to get ripped off. Also I can't complain if it's no good. Even claptons are easy these days if you buy a tool that does it for you... not that the drill was hard but now you can just push a button and watch it go.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
"By and large, people that like to build their own coils are a bit more of the nerdy type." Or we are poor or just hate wasting money. I make juice too, not because I can't afford but because I hate to get ripped off. Also I can't complain if it's no good. Even claptons are easy these days if you buy a tool that does it for you... not that the drill was hard but now you can just push a button and watch it go.
I started building coils because it was costing me more for coils than it was for cigarettes. I bought a pack of 5 and burned 3 the first day. Cotton to rewick is much cheaper.
THEN I got into building as a hobby and cloud chucking. Not to be confused with making big clouds... cloud chucking is making the BIGGEST clouds and flavor doesn't even figure into it. LOL

Reactions: David Wolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread