• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Whoops, missed that bit, the battery just died, I did try reviving it using a proper LiPo charger, but it started to bloat out, so it's consigned to be binned, the only place I could find one for the VT200 was on FT, all others on HobbyKing, eBay etc were too big.

I'd heard about Lipos swelling.
I've also heard about them dying in as short a time as a month,so i suppose you haven't done too badly out of yours.Wasn't that the first dna200 you purchased?
If i see a mini/halcyon batt for sale i think i'll pick one up as a spare,but upto now haven't been able to find one.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It's just that some people can notice the difference in the taste and don't like NiCr [Nichrome] wire in the coils, others prefer it to Kanthal
Thanks. Tempted to try the tank ...wish this was one of the coils FT offer in singles, but they're packs of 5. I'll think about it ;)

Just Add Nic
Self mix kits look ok.
Grumpy Raspberry doughnut included Trish.
Interesting! May try some of that :)
Looking at the others, I just got Raspberry Fields from Chefs. ....wonder what brand Db is.

Reactions: Brynglas

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
....wonder what brand Db is.

Db are out of the States.
I've had Brasberry mint and Planet cracker ready mixed in the past from Vapehype and both were good.
I can't say for the others but when i purchased those two they were known as their better juices.

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I'd heard about Lipos swelling.
I've also heard about them dying in as short a time as a month,so i suppose you haven't done too badly out of yours.Wasn't that the first dna200 you purchased?
If i see a mini/halcyon batt for sale i think i'll pick one up as a spare,but upto now haven't been able to find one.
Think it was, so must be over a year now and I've never had a problem with it until now, so don't mind spending the little it was for a new battery.

Reactions: Brynglas

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Db are out of the States.
I've had Brasberry mint and Planet cracker ready mixed in the past from Vapehype and both were good.
I can't say for the others but when i purchased those two they were known as their better juices.
Thanks - I've saved the site :)

I've got lots of concentrates that I haven't even tried yet, but I'm gradually being ruthless with anything ready to use or concentrate that's a year or more old unless it's in a glass bottle.
I think I've got a fair number of concentrates or flavourings that are more than a year old too.
I'm wary after the drop in flavour on those DorD ones! I have a few of the concentrates, so if they retain flavour, I'll make those in smaller bottles to use before the flavour disappears.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Vape Mail et al:
No piccies, but a good haul today,
From FT: Red Vaporesso Nebula mod, 12 x 10 different tubs of SS316 pre-made coils & 2 TFV8 drip tips
From ecigwarehouse: Black IPV Pure X2 coil-less tank
From Bold Vape: White IPV Pure X2 coil-less tank & ss iSub S (TC) (both on clearance at £12 ea)
and from local cafe: LostVape Triade DNA250 + 3 batteries & 60ml Milkshake Liquids - Breezy Shake
:banana::banana::banana:

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Vape Mail et al:
No piccies, but a good haul today,
From FT: Red Vaporesso Nebula mod, 12 x 10 different tubs of SS316 pre-made coils & 2 TFV8 drip tips
From ecigwarehouse: Black IPV Pure X2 coil-less tank
From Bold Vape: White IPV Pure X2 coil-less tank & ss iSub S (TC) (both on clearance at £12 ea)
and from local cafe: LostVape Triade DNA250 + 3 batteries & 60ml Milkshake Liquids - Breezy Shake
:banana::banana::banana:
Someones going to be busy :laugh:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Vape Mail et al:
No piccies, but a good haul today
Definitely was! :)

I got mail too - some Beard #24, Rice Pudding by Dinner Ladies, Chocolate Cream Pie by The Pie Guys, and Fryd Banana & Fryd Oreos. Only tried the Fryd stuff so far ....Oreos not bad, Banana OK, but has a sort of burnt smell ...which never bodes well ;)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I've finally got around to trying the 4ml Protank 4 I got from FT a while ago - it has a 1.5 SSOCC coil in it, and I soon discarded the airflow drip tip!
Apart from that, it's fairly good ...using something very familiar which is the Vanilla Cream Donut.
But, I do get more flavour, especially vanilla cream (and vapour) from the basic Evod tank with a SOCC single coil though!
In this Protank 4, it's sort of 'woolly' in flavour, and quite Donut and sweetness forward. I may venture to trying the 0.5 coil that also came with it, but I've never been keen on any other 0.5 I used.
Still, so far, it doesn't leak at all and isn't too bad. I do prefer having less vapour with it to be honest ...get funny looks when people see me sitting in fog :D
Be interesting to see how long the coil lasts with the Donut!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I've altered that for you :w00t:
Ha-ha! You're probably right - in fact, this Donut seems to go fairly quickly in anything, so it'll literally disappear at 0.5! :laugh:

I just took a chance on the CL tank from FT ....not highly priced, so worth a try for an authentic 4ml tank.
Just hoping those CLOCC coils are OK for me! ....I'm trying to remember where, but I'm pretty sure I saw that OCC are compatible with it too.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Getting confused with what exactly this is strength wise ...is it the same as buying a bottle of 1.5mg ready to use except it's unflavoured?:
Unflavoured Nicotine

I think you just add it, as nic, to you're required mg.

Mixing Guidelines

It looks like,for 3mg,you would need 2x10ml bottles to make 100ml of juice.

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I think you just add it, as nic, to you're required mg.
it's the how much of plain base that gets me - if it gave a chart of how much to add to the 10ml bottle of it to make 1.0/.9 /.6 /.3 etc., it would make more sense to me :rolleyes:

Mixing Guidelines

It looks like,for 3mg,you would need 2x10ml bottles to make 100ml of juice.
I hadn't seen the guidelines page, but I'm still no wiser.
Trying to work out how to make the 10ml of 15mg into a specific quantity of plain base, I had thought perhaps adding 40ml of plain base to the 10ml bottle would produce .375mg ....is that way off?

Or your suggestion of 2x10ml to 80ml plain seems fine too :)

Just looking at all sources for nicotine once the bigger bottles are unavailable.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Vape Mail et al:
Talking about 'goodies', have you had any chance yet to try/sample the Kilo White Series? ...I see a Marshmallow/caramel one, and an Ice Cream Sandwich with Chocolate Wafers - plus two others.
They're £21.99 for 60ml, so reluctant to try them without trusted opinions!

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I'm in one of my very conservative moods when vaping right now. Istick Pico with a Nautilius Mini (with s/s cover) on, Liqua Blueberry to vape. When the bottle of Blueberry runs out open another one. When the coils goes weak replace. And repeat ad infinitum. Vape at 9w. Works just fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread