Help on battery selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
don't mind me, i'm having a serious case of warm weather envy right now....

I'm from Canada originally but am one of those expats who end up in various places living and working. Now Suriname, before that Namibia, and before that Mongolia.

We're 5 degrees north of the equator so it's always warm here though it is rainy season so the weather cools down to about 80 F most days because of the clouds.

Well I fired up the G320 with the Big Baby last night using the T6 coil. I began with the air flow mostly closed down and power at 65 watts. Not a bad vape and slightly larger clouds than my Lemo 2 which I was using at the same time. Then I opened up the air flow to full open and just about choked on the size of the cloud, my lord it was large and a lot more than I could take. The flavor though was lost so I had to power down to 55 watts to get it back. Ended up somewhere between those two.

I was disappointed to find out the Baby Beast coils are wired with Kanthal thus preventing me from using TC. I wonder why Smok did this as TC would likely increase the cloud size even more. For coils as expensive as these you'd think they would at least use SS. I like the fact that the G320 retains the amps reading after the draw. On all my other mods you have to be really quick to see what it says before it resets to zero. Another cute thing is the draw timer showing how many seconds of draw you did. Funny thing about it is that nowhere, either in the instructions or on the net, could I find any explanation for what this display (the bottom most line of the display) was. I finally figured out what it was on my own.

Final opinion is that the Baby Beast is easily the best tank I've tried so far when compared to other tanks on factory coils. In comparing it to good RTA tanks it is lean on flavor but its clouds are much larger. Definitely worth owning but I'm not about to give up using all my other tanks in favor of this one. I want to see how a T6 or T8 performs with SS on TC and will try my best to rebuild one of these coils to see.

The Beast tank itself resides on my shelf awaiting those batteries. I'm sure it'll knock my socks off even more.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
I'm from Canada originally but am one of those expats who end up in various places living and working. Now Suriname, before that Namibia, and before that Mongolia.

We're 5 degrees north of the equator so it's always warm here though it is rainy season so the weather cools down to about 80 F most days because of the clouds.

Well I fired up the G320 with the Big Baby last night using the T6 coil. I began with the air flow mostly closed down and power at 65 watts. Not a bad vape and slightly larger clouds than my Lemo 2 which I was using at the same time. Then I opened up the air flow to full open and just about choked on the size of the cloud, my lord it was large and a lot more than I could take. The flavor though was lost so I had to power down to 55 watts to get it back. Ended up somewhere between those two.

I was disappointed to find out the Baby Beast coils are wired with Kanthal thus preventing me from using TC. I wonder why Smok did this as TC would likely increase the cloud size even more. For coils as expensive as these you'd think they would at least use SS. I like the fact that the G320 retains the amps reading after the draw. On all my other mods you have to be really quick to see what it says before it resets to zero. Another cute thing is the draw timer showing how many seconds of draw you did. Funny thing about it is that nowhere, either in the instructions or on the net, could I find any explanation for what this display (the bottom most line of the display) was. I finally figured out what it was on my own.

Final opinion is that the Baby Beast is easily the best tank I've tried so far when compared to other tanks on factory coils. In comparing it to good RTA tanks it is lean on flavor but its clouds are much larger. Definitely worth owning but I'm not about to give up using all my other tanks in favor of this one. I want to see how a T6 or T8 performs with SS on TC and will try my best to rebuild one of these coils to see.

The Beast tank itself resides on my shelf awaiting those batteries. I'm sure it'll knock my socks off even more.

i rebuilt the rbas to be SS...
lol i knew i liked a long drawn out vape... yep 7 seconds and a bit... that's with the 8coil and 40w
i like 22.5-35w basically depending on the tank/build... with some you do need higher watts.

where in the great white north were you originally from?

ames001

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Canada
All you lovelies on here seem knowledgeable.... For a joyetech eVic aio (75w) would one use the:
LG HG2A 18650 3000 MAH LI ION
SONY 18650 3000 MAH HIGH DRAIN
SONY 18650 VTC4 2100 MAH HIGH DRAIN
SONY 18650 VTC5 2600 MAH HIGH DRAIN
or
Samsung INR18650-25R 2500 MAH HIGH DRAIN?
Its all greek to me... In 2013 there was only one type of 18650 battery lol
Tia

Reactions: Darth Omerta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread