ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    fastech went ahead and shipped everything next day,even a few 7 day wait items.
    Now my order with pico squeeze bottles placed 10 days ago still hasn't shipped but it says today.
    Looking forward to trying out CV.I think version 2 has SS 510 pin.
    If I can stop using real tobacco I'd get a Rio grand but can't seem to not use real tobacco.
    I may have to raise mg and use tanks and small RDA until I put analogs behind me.
    How can I get references for classifieds?I got too much equipment I'll never use and it's very good equipment.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    Fastech went ahead and shipped everything next day,even a few 7 day wait items.
    Now my order with pico squeeze bottles placed 10 days ago still hasn't shipped but it says today.
    Looking forward to trying out CV.I think version 2 has SS 510 pin.
    If I can stop using real tobacco I'd get a Rio grand but can't seem to not use real tobacco.
    I may have to raise mg and use tanks and small RDA until I put analogs behind me.
    How can I get references for classifieds?I got too much equipment I'll never use and it's very good equipment.
    I placed my Pico Squeeze bottle order (10 pack) almost 2 months ago with FT and noticed today (they were supposed to ship today) that they are being "restocked" again. Same with the spare battery cover.

I have placed dozens of orders with FT, but this has been the worst/longest I have ever seen.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    California
    So far I've had no leaking since installing the FDV bf contact pin.
    An unrelated problem I've started having is inconsistent firing. I seem to have to hunt for a place on the button when pressing to get a good contact. If I remember right, there was something about installing the button back a little ways in this thread, I'll see if I can find it and give it a read.
    some no-ox on the contacts may help with that.

Reactions: oplholik

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Last nite I wiped off the brass screw that contacts the battery, and the two surfaces, and every thing has been fine since. So I guess a regular cleaning is necessary.

Yes... It can make a World of Difference.

crunchie812

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 15, 2014
    Key Largo, FL USA
    Last nite I wiped off the brass screw that contacts the battery, and the two surfaces, and every thing has been fine since. So I guess a regular cleaning is necessary.
    Whenever I refill the bottle I rinse it and wipe it with a paper towel, along with the contact surfaces and screw. Any liquid on the bottle will scrape off when you put it together and get on the contact surfaces.
    When I change the battery I wipe the screw threads and contact.
    When I first got these I was using DeOxit and Noalox, but a good cleaning works as well and is less messy.
    A good cleaning with a mild abrasive like baking soda or toothpaste, and thorough rinse is good periodically.
    As time goes by they seem to get broken in and less finicky.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I just used a little Iso on a cotton swab on the mating edges.

You can also place a New piece of printer paper on a Very Flat surface and the Rub the lower section's mating surface on it.

I do this Every Time I refill the Bottle.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    You can also place a New piece of printer paper on a Very Flat surface and the Rub the lower section's mating surface on it.

I do this Every Time I refill the Bottle.

As they say, cleanliness is next to godliness, and that is certainly true with this mod. I've been using my first one all day, every day for about 7 months now, and that's the only issue I've had with it. If the contact surfaces aren't kept clean, the firing will be inconsistent. Other than that, it's survived whatever abuse I've thrown at it. I just dropped it in the parking lot today getting out of the car and had to file a little ding out of the top edge. No biggie ;-)

KentA

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 5, 2015
    Adirondack Mountains
    Does it ground through the magnets or does surfaces on top and bottom make contact?
    It has been my experience that the surface between the top & bottom sections should be kept clean of juice & oxide to get the most out of a Coppervape.

I also use the brown batteries.

Houndstooth

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2016
    Cape Ann, MA
    I'll know more when I get my CV kit.Looking forward to it.
    Does it ground through the magnets or does surfaces on top and bottom make contact?
    Any modifications done to make it more leak proof or hit harder?
    I use LG H2 or the brown ones.Are there harder hitting cells that are safer for mech mods?

I'm using Sony VCT5As in mine and it pounds. Check out Mooch's latest review.

Reactions: benley73

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I read that review.My Lg brown got much better after a few charge and discharge cycles.

Are the Sony VCT5A safe for mech mods or the safer chemistry?
    I may have to try a few if price isn't outrageous and they're the safer chemistry.

Now there's a VCT6 out but it's rated 15-30amps but longer life if test results are accurate.

Last edited:

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    Coppervapes is doing quite well with its clones Lately of its RDA,s and RTA,s ive a dozen of them now KFv5 and mini both great , Taifun gt V3, and minis again best RTA they do fantastic Flavourful vape.
    , SA RDA(split atty) ,
    AO atty (atty O)
    528 GN (Goon BF ), hurricane v2 rta ,
    Lp (goon low pro)
    Haladay,
    NE rda ( nipple) an the rest they make , [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheWestPole

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Coppervapes is doing quite well with its clones Lately of its RDA,s and RTA,s ive a dozen of them now KFv5 and mini both great , Taifun gt V3, and minis again best RTA they do fantastic Flavourful vape.
    , SA RDA(split atty) ,
    AO atty (atty O)
    528 GN (Goon BF ), hurricane v2 rta ,
    Lp (goon low pro)
    Haladay,
    NE rda ( nipple) an the rest they make , [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    I didn't realize they were making all of those. Just curious, is the goon clone the only one that comes ready for bf?

Reactions: TheWestPole

VladK16

ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2013
    Toledo, OH USA
    I didn't realize they were making all of those. Just curious, is the goon clone the only one that comes ready for bf?

I have a Coppervape Goon 22mm and the Coppervape Split Atty coming from Gearbest and they both have bf pins (at least advertised as such). Hopefully will have them by this weekend to confirm. I'm sure Coppervape has other models that are bf capable as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread