Mouth Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Diva

Mar 22, 2017
Hi All,

I'm new to the group! I started vaping two month ago. Over the past week, my entire mouth has become dry, sensitive with almost like a burnt tongue. Not sure if anyone can tell me what is going on? When this started, it was almost like I had several ulcers pop up in the mouth and my lower lip is puffy.

Thanks in advance for the help! DD

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I drink lots of water a day! It's just weird that its started two months after I picked up vaping and quit smoking.
Have you recently made any changes? A new liquid perhaps? Maybe you're allergic to something or are reacting to a particular flavoring? Does it get better if you stop vaping?

I'm not a doctor, and even if I were it would be impossible to diagnose you over the internet, but what you're describing is more severe than what we normally see around here. So, it's probably best to get an actual medical opinion.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It's always possible you are having a reaction to the PG or VG. But too hard to say. Best to see doc.

However, be careful about telling healthcare providers that you smoke (even e-cigs) if your health insurance provider thinks you are a non-smoker.

I don't tell healthcare providers that I vape. If asked, I tell them I quit smoking 7 years ago.

Reactions: Diamond Diva

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Welcome @Diamond Diva and I hope you enjoy your stay..............

But what you should be doing is scheduling the first Doctors appointment you can get or going to the Emergency Room because with symptoms that severe an allergic reaction could turn into a serious health issue.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    I give it a 99% chance the doctor will say stop. Maybe you need to stop, but I would expect the doctor to say that without much thought.

As the others have said, look for something that you just started doing within the past 10 days. You will have better odds, at least.

The decision as to proceed is based on your health, though.

Diamond Diva

Mar 22, 2017
    A couple of weeks ago I did get a new round of juices. I started with the 70/30 ratio with 1.8 nicotine and am trying the 50/50 ratio with the 1.2 nicotine. I have the Vaporfi Express, which I love. Vaping has been the only method I have tried that I don't want or think about a cigarette! I think it may be the juice with the Amaretto flavor and also the one with the citrus. I'm trying the premium juice now and it seems to not be effecting the mouth!

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    It's always possible you are having a reaction to the PG or VG. But too hard to say. Best to see doc.

However, be careful about telling healthcare providers that you smoke (even e-cigs) if your health insurance provider thinks you are a non-smoker.

I don't tell healthcare providers that I vape. If asked, I tell them I quit smoking 7 years ago.
    This is not good advice at all. Your doctor needs to know everything to make an informed diagnosis. Don't ever lie to your doctor or leave something out. Your life might depend on it.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    I've heard that Biotine mouthwash is good for dry mouth issues.

Since two of the main ingredients in Biotine are in your eliquids (PG and Glycerin), I wouldn't advise using it until after you get checked out first.

Actually, most mouthwashes contain these also. Don't use them until you're cleared. Use a simple salt and warm water mix.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    A couple of weeks ago I did get a new round of juices.............I think it may be the juice with the Amaretto flavor and also the one with the citrus.

I don't know anything about the Amaretto flavor, but I do know quite a bit about citrus. Having lived in FL for 61 years, I've eaten way more than my fair share of citrus in that time period. I'm betting the citrus flavor may be irritating your mouth. I'm not saying that's definitely it in your case though. I'd still want a medical opinion if I were you.

However, I've gotten canker sores inside my mouth at times when I've eaten too much citrus. Also relatives and friends from up north who aren't used to much citrus...have also gotten them, as well as some soreness to their tongue, from too much all at once while they're down here.

Again, it's just something to think about from my own experience and others I know. Still best to get it checked out though.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Hi All,
    I'm new to the group! I started vaping two month ago. Over the past week, my entire mouth has become dry, sensitive with almost like a burnt tongue. Not sure if anyone can tell me what is going on? When this started, it was almost like I had several ulcers pop up in the mouth and my lower lip is puffy.
    Thanks in advance for the help! DD
    Welcome and glad you joined. Have heard of this happening before. Could be allergic to PG or (less likely) VG. Vaping is worth the effort, best of luck to solve.
    Might like to read:
    A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Diamond Diva

Mar 22, 2017
    I don't know anything about the Amaretto flavor, but I do know quite a bit about citrus. Having lived in FL for 61 years, I've eaten way more than my fair share of citrus in that time period. I'm betting the citrus flavor may be irritating your mouth. I'm not saying that's definitely it in your case though. I'd still want a medical opinion if I were you.

However, I've gotten canker sores inside my mouth at times when I've eaten too much citrus. Also relatives and friends from up north who aren't used to much citrus...have also gotten them, as well as some soreness to their tongue, from too much all at once while they're down here.

Again, it's just something to think about from my own experience and others I know. Still best to get it checked out though.
    Thanks for the response!

Reactions: Opinionated

Diamond Diva

Mar 22, 2017

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Did someone say Vaporfi?

Now, I don't like Vaporfi one bit (actually, they are a most mistrusted brand by many people) and you should be extremely wary of their claims, but I can't see their juice being responsible for serious problems.

I had a very bad problem with one of the top juice makes in the UK. There again, although they sold cheap juice masquerading as so-called 'premium' it was actually safe to vape. However, one of their flavors bought me out in a body rash of worrying proportions.

Just be careful out there; it's not like we can really trust all the people all the time. Not when $$$ are involved.

Reactions: David Wolf

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    This is not good advice at all. Your doctor needs to know everything to make an informed diagnosis. Don't ever lie to your doctor or leave something out. Your life might depend on it.

It's unfortunate that you are right and that I am also right at the same time. That is the healthcare climate we live in these days....where you don't know what you should and should not tell your doctor.

8 years ago I told my doctor I was a smoker...so he erroneously put me down as an opiate addict. I never used a recreational drug in my life. My health insurance company dropped me. It also caused a problem with my employer.

When I confronted my doc about it, he refused to change it because he said that I told him I was addicted to opioids, which is why it was on my record. In other words, he was claiming infallibility on his part. :/

I had to get a lawyer to get my doctor to change his records.

However, the best advice here is to never take medical or insurance advice from a forum lol.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    It's unfortunate that you are right and that I am also right at the same time. That is the healthcare climate we live in these days....where you don't know what you should and should not tell your doctor.

8 years ago I told my doctor I was a smoker...so he erroneously put me down as an opiate addict. I never used a recreational drug in my life. My health insurance company dropped me. It also caused a problem with my employer.

When I confronted my doc about it, he refused to change it because he said that I told him I was addicted to opioids, which is why it was on my record. In other words, he was claiming infallibility on his part. :/

I had to get a lawyer to get my doctor to change his records.

However, the best advice here is to never take medical or insurance advice from a forum lol.

That's sad, for real that a doctor made an error and refused to fix it, but that's an extremely rare doctor who would do something so horrendous... the largest majority of doctors aren't going to do something like that..

All my doctors know I vape, and I've never had an issue with it, they are quite supportive of my success.

A doctor cannot treat you properly unless they do know what's going on..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread