Oral Effects from Vaping Nicotine? Experiences, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GODDESS

Aug 6, 2014
United States
For research purposes.
Has anyone experienced any sort of oral issues since vaping?

(Problems such as: lower oral circulation, gum disease, raw mouth [roof of mouth and/or tongue], burnt lips/tongue/gums, loose teeth, teeth sensitivity, sore mouth or tongue, or any other kind of oral change or discomfort that you may have noticed.)

Please share your experiences here if you've ever encountered anything like this since beginning vaping. Thank you.

My last use of tobacco was over a year ago. Prior to quitting, I had been a 2-3 pack a day smoker (full flavor) for almost 32 years. When I switched to vaping, I was able to quit immediately with no serious withdrawal symptoms. I was amazed.

The only negative experience I've had so far was a tendency towards drying throat in the beginning that could be managed in the short term by increasing my intake of water while vaping. A few weeks into the new vaping habit, I learned that by reducing the level of Propylene Glycol to ~20% and raising the amount of Vegetable Glycerin in my e-liquid to ~80% I could permanently fix that problem.

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
I drink alot of water when I'm vaping. And even more water when I'm chain vaping. Vaping will make you feel dehydrated. Water is the perfect solution. Don't get me wrong water isn't the only thing I drink. I drink Soda, coffee etc. But once I start vaping I take a few big swigs of water every 30 min or so. So far it has worked for me. When I get vapor tongue I use sour skittles candy. They seem to reset my pallet well.

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
I found dry mouth was solved by switching to lower PG ratio liquids (fine at 50/50 blends, no issue)
Burning mouth seemed to be caused by less than fresh coils or wick.
Switched to rebuildable with cotton which lets me make a fresh coil and wick whenever desired. No issues since. Issues experienced were with clearomizers.

My overall dental health seems to have noticeably improved when compared to smoking 2 packs a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread