Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hi Tazzle. :D I've been watching ya.

We got put onto them by the venerable @ToolmanTexas , but I think you may be correct about our resident diver too. These are the nanos (2.5ml) but we've got a slow boat coming with larger ones (they SAY 6ml, but we think they may be the 8s). They're freaking TASTY! Oh my...:vapor:

Sorry, Kat. Did I jump your shark? :blush::blink::unsure:
8ml, I believe is much bigger then the regular authentic erlk or erlp which I think, like you mentioned, is around 6ml. I guess it's possible to be 8ml, but that would be one tall sucka. Although these can vary to the originals, I find an extremely thin tail about half way down the channel works best. The thickness of my tails only fill the depth of the channels by half. You know it's been so long, honestly I can't Remember how many mls the regular tanks are

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I believe you are correct, divrr. The authie original was (is) 6ml, but the FT clone of a clone of a clone of a clone (who knows) claims a whopping 8ml. And yes, I'm guessing it's going to tower over most lil itty bitty mods.

The original Earl Mini Nano was (is) 3ml.

You're on board with Mr. Q as far as wicking with VERY thin tails.

Chop chop chop!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
WSJ is reporting a bit less conclusively, but since it was a press conference, we should be able to see the real deal soon enough. Regardless, it certainly APPEARS to be good news.

>

The FDA will consider an exemption for premium cigars, and a delay in implementing new rules for reduced-risk products such as e-cigarettes, FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said in a press conference.

FDA Seeks to Reduce Nicotine Levels in Cigarettes to Nonaddictive Levels

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
So far I'm really liking the 2ml eggroll, thanks DPL! :thumb: took a couple days on it and decided to re-wick the thing, man they pack that cotton tight into them coils. I went with rayon on the re-wick, so far so good.

On a sad note, when coming home from shopping today, I took my TiP3 with eggroll on top out of my holster, and one of my favorite geanie style SS tips was nowhere to be found :( Guess I'll be running a Loki Labs stubby on this attie, it fits a little snugger and nothing to catch on...

Anyone else loose a drip tip on one of thes atties?

I can't wait to re-build a few of these coils into the 1.5-1.8Ω range...

I already ordered a 4ml version and two packs of coils to play with :) I guess with the recent news, these should be available for at least a couple a years moving forward? :D

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So far I'm really liking the 2ml eggroll, thanks DPL! :thumb: took a couple days on it and decided to re-wick the thing, man they pack that cotton tight into them coils. I went with rayon on the re-wick, so far so good.

On a sad note, when coming home from shopping today, I took my TiP3 with eggroll on top out of my holster, and one of my favorite geanie style SS tips was nowhere to be found :( Guess I'll be running a Loki Labs stubby on this attie, it fits a little snugger and nothing to catch on...

I already ordered a 4ml version and two packs of coils to play with :) I guess with the recent news, these should be available for at least a couple a years moving forward? :D
Oh man, I hate when I lose one too. I have been collecting drip tips for the entire time I have been vaping and have way more than I will ever use, but it still bothers me.

We all hope these tanks will be around for a long time. There are also other tanks that take the CLR coils like the Tron series. Basically the same type of tank with a slightly different look and 4ml. They offer a slightly different color range ie. they have them in gray(which I love) and the red color is different. Comes in 2 styles--tron-s has a v shaped window in the sides of tank and the tron-t is solid with a window at the very top of the tank. These have been harder to find tho. I did find them here in the US at Joyetech USA for $15. And they offer a account sign up coupon of 15% for first order code = register15.

There is also a list of other types of tanks that takes these coils. Kat has the list I think.

:)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Oh man, I hate when I lose one too. I have been collecting drip tips for the entire time I have been vaping and have way more than I will ever use, but it still bothers me.

We all hope these tanks will be around for a long time. There are also other tanks that take the CLR coils like the Tron series. Basically the same type of tank with a slightly different look and 4ml. They offer a slightly different color range ie. they have them in gray(which I love) and the red color is different. Comes in 2 styles--tron-s has a v shaped window in the sides of tank and the tron-t is solid with a window at the very top of the tank. These have been harder to find tho. I did find them here in the US at Joyetech USA for $15. And they offer a account sign up coupon of 15% for first order code = register15.

There is also a list of other types of tanks that takes these coils. Kat has the list I think.

:)
I'm over it now, I do have some spares of the same style, so it's all good. This is actually the first time I have lost a drip tip in four years ov vaping, so consider myself lucky in that....knock on wood. I checked the car really good, under the seat, between the cushions, looked all around the yard where I walked etc...oh well, it's a small thing.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
So far I'm really liking the 2ml eggroll, thanks DPL! :thumb: took a couple days on it and decided to re-wick the thing, man they pack that cotton tight into them coils. I went with rayon on the re-wick, so far so good

IMO it helps to soak the coil in water a few minutes before removing the original cotton even if the coil is already wet with juice. Don't know why but water seems to make a difference.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX

That drip tip will show up when you least expect it! :)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Today I was feeling like the vape from this coil type was a tiny bit on the warm side to my liking, So I got my ceramic tweezers and pulsed the coil and tightened it up to concentrate the heat right there in the center where it would be directly in the airstream, the difference was night and day. The temperature was right there where I liked it and I was able to crank the volts up a couple notches and get more vapor without the heat going up on me...still figuring this thing out, but right now, I'm pretty sure this is going to be a go to tank, and will probably get a couple extras for when I travel.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Today I was feeling like the vape from this coil type was a tiny bit on the warm side to my liking,
So I got my ceramic tweezers and pulsed the coil and tightened it up to concentrate the heat right there in the center where it would be directly in the airstream, the difference was night and day. The temperature was right there where I liked it and I was able to crank the volts up a couple notches and get more vapor without the heat going up on me...still figuring this thing out, but right now, I'm pretty sure this is going to be a go to tank, and will probably get a couple extras for when I travel.

curious: are you allowing wraps to touch ??
how big is your I.D.

I've made like 2,500 CLR coils :D and I still don't have it down to AN EXACT SCIENCE
some are just better than others
think my FAV is SS28g/3.0mm/6 wraps/rayon

upload_2017-7-29_16-56-3.png

:smokie:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
curious: are you allowing wraps to touch ??
how big is your I.D.

I've made like 2,500 CLR coils :D and I still don't have it down to AN EXACT SCIENCE
some are just better than others
think my FAV is SS28g/3.0mm/6 wraps/rayon

I'm using my trusty 3/32 inch drill bit with blue masking tape covering the cutting part, wrapped seven or eight wraps, 29ga kanthal, yes, it's a compressed coil now, I gently compressed the coil when cold, and pulsed it on and off till it glowed, it actually relaxes a very tiny bit when it cools and there is some extremely small space separating the wraps, but the width of the coil is about the same diameter as the bottom air hole now, so the airstream hits all or most of where the heat is being generated. I guess they used to call that a micro coil? I call it a compressed coil. In my experience, coil surface heating up outside the airstream causes excessive heat to both the vapor and the tank, now the tank itself is also running much cooler, because the heat is being used more efficiently and carried away with the vapor produced.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Just did the math, in metric that should be 2.38 mm, so probably a 2.5mm mandrel would be pretty equal.

PS, I wrap eight times, then pull one wrap off from where I hold the wire onto the tape, because there's always a funky bend there, so pulling one wrap leaves a nice clean looking coil...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread