Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
There's a complaint I've heard in this thread, and others, and I wanted to take a moment to address it..

/rant mode (you have been warned)

I frequently hear or read about how the vaping industry has left MTL vapers behind and now only focuses only on cloud chasers. I've responded, more than once, that there's no market anymore. It's not that there are no MTL vapers. There are plenty of MTL vapers, but they aren't buying.

Be honest. How many of you bought the Cthulhu MTL atty? When I suggested it, I heard "I don't build." or "I don't like the (easily replaceable) drip tip." or...

How about the Siren 22/25? Same excuses...

Hurricane? Yup, same...

Nautilus V2? "But it takes the same coils, so why bother?" or "I don't like the way it looks." or "I don't like the way it fills."

Kabuki? See above, or "It costs too much."

The point is, companies have made a lot of MTL atomizers, and have been rebuffed by MTL vapers who eschew most new designs in favor of the tried and true. Kayfun Light Plus and kin, Nautilus and family, and Protanks (ok, and eGo ONEs with 1 ohm CLR coils) rule most of the market, and MTL vapers don't see any reason or need to change... to move away from what they have and know works.

Meanwhile, all any company has to do to appeal to the other side is say "Clouds!" and the products fly off the shelf by chasers looking for the next big plume.

There's nothing wrong with being happy with what you've got. There's nothing wrong with wanting something new. The problem is complaining about a perceived lack of product, and pooh-poohing everything that gets released as being inferior to what you've already got.

/rant off

Note that this does not apply to many of you, and isn't about anyone in particular. In fact, the post was prompted by an encounter between my son in Brooklyn and a shop owner there. Son wants to get mother-in-law off the stinkies, and asks me for advice. I ask what MIL has been smoking, how long, and how much. After getting an answer, I think on it and recommend an Innokin Endura, Kanger Emow, or Aspire K3. All simple MTL vapes that have been around long enough that availability should not be an issue, and decent MTL performance. When he asks the clerk, he is laughed at. They quit carrying the kits because they didn't sell anymore, but the coils still sell to people that own the tanks.

Sigh...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I too have a soap box that I pull out on very rare occasions, so I understand the feeling.

Sometimes ya just gotta. :thumb:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Good evening all! Still loving my prize (eVic Primo mini). It vapes beautifully with the STM! Currently vaping some Lucky Latte. I'm pretty sure a couple of TP'ers ordered the ingredients for it recently. Have you tried out the combo yet? I'm dying to hear how you like it!
116e44328471fc2afea0000a24623c15.jpg

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
To heck with the mod, I am crushing on your fingernails......... The mod is nice looking too.
It's ok... you can admit it... it's the kneecap, isn't it?

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    It's ok... you can admit it... it's the kneecap, isn't it?

lol ...stop it..... You almost made me P*e my pants lol ... Seriously though, I REALLY was scoping out the nails.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    There's a complaint I've heard in this thread, and others, and I wanted to take a moment to address it..

/rant mode (you have been warned)

I frequently hear or read about how the vaping industry has left MTL vapers behind and now only focuses only on cloud chasers. I've responded, more than once, that there's no market anymore. It's not that there are no MTL vapers. There are plenty of MTL vapers, but they aren't buying.

Be honest. How many of you bought the Cthulhu MTL atty? When I suggested it, I heard "I don't build." or "I don't like the (easily replaceable) drip tip." or...

How about the Siren 22/25? Same excuses...

Hurricane? Yup, same...

Nautilus V2? "But it takes the same coils, so why bother?" or "I don't like the way it looks." or "I don't like the way it fills."

Kabuki? See above, or "It costs too much."

The point is, companies have made a lot of MTL atomizers, and have been rebuffed by MTL vapers who eschew most new designs in favor of the tried and true. Kayfun Light Plus and kin, Nautilus and family, and Protanks (ok, and eGo ONEs with 1 ohm CLR coils) rule most of the market, and MTL vapers don't see any reason or need to change... to move away from what they have and know works.

Meanwhile, all any company has to do to appeal to the other side is say "Clouds!" and the products fly off the shelf by chasers looking for the next big plume.

There's nothing wrong with being happy with what you've got. There's nothing wrong with wanting something new. The problem is complaining about a perceived lack of product, and pooh-poohing everything that gets released as being inferior to what you've already got.

/rant off

Note that this does not apply to many of you, and isn't about anyone in particular. In fact, the post was prompted by an encounter between my son in Brooklyn and a shop owner there. Son wants to get mother-in-law off the stinkies, and asks me for advice. I ask what MIL has been smoking, how long, and how much. After getting an answer, I think on it and recommend an Innokin Endura, Kanger Emow, or Aspire K3. All simple MTL vapes that have been around long enough that availability should not be an issue, and decent MTL performance. When he asks the clerk, he is laughed at. They quit carrying the kits because they didn't sell anymore, but the coils still sell to people that own the tanks.

Sigh...

I use a Kayfun because i could get spare parts, and a Kayfun is almost bomb proof.

Been using it 27 months all i had to replace are.

1 deck screw because threads stripped

Switched Kayfun Monster Mini V3 base for Lite Plus V2 base because i wanted to go back to MTL

1 O ring.

This morning i installed screws with larger heads to make trappung the leads easier. The old screws worked but i needed the better screws.

That is all i have done in 2 years and 3 months. Still using the same Acrylic bell cap. I am careful with threads though.

Now that i have better screws much easier for me to build it. With the original screws it took me 10-15 tries to trap the first lead

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    lol ...stop it..... You almost made me P*e my pants lol ... Seriously though, I REALLY was scoping out the nails.

Lol! I was just enjoying a beautiful evening outside! Glad you like the nails! I have fun painting them!

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Lol! I was just enjoying a beautiful evening outside! Glad you like the nails! I have fun painting them!

Oh you are most welcome....... I always did love the feminine fingernails ( a weakness of mine :( ) ... It caught my attention way before the mod did (hey, I am a guy, so I have an excuse)...... However, I do think the mod is nice as well :)

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Yeah I am still vaping off the ancient IPV2 70W device... I have used the thing so much through the years that it has almost ZERO paint left on it and all of the stainless steel is showing behind what little paint is still left on the thing lol... That's why I never take photos of it and post them on here lol ... Oh sure, I have other, more nicer and newer mods, but the 70W device is my all day go to vape.... The thing still works as good as the day I bought it even though it looks like h*l lol....

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Yeah I am still vaping off the ancient IPV2 70W device... I have used the thing so much through the years that it has almost ZERO paint left on it and all of the stainless steel is showing behind what little paint is still left on the thing lol... That's why I never take photos of it and post them on here lol ... Oh sure, I have other, more nicer and newer mods, but the 70W device is my all day go to vape.... The thing still works as good as the day I bought it even though it looks like h*l lol....

That's great that you've got so much mileage and enjoyment out of it!

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    That's great that you've got so much mileage and enjoyment out of it!

Thank you my dear Lady..... Yeah it's nothing in comparison to the awesome mod that you posted but dang, it sure does the trick for me :) .... I am one of those type of people that if something works properly, then I will use it until it rusts into the dirt.... Some folks are into how products look, but I am into how reliable products are... Like I said, I have higher wattage devices which are newer and nice looking but I never use them lol (they are in drawers) .... I suppose the reason I like the IPV2 is because it is small, fits into the hand nicely, and has enough power to blow clouds or I can turn it down in order to tootle puff...... I mostly tootle puff now days but should i ever get the hankering to blow more vapor, then 70W is plenty enough...

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2016
    Tempe, Arizona, United States
    When he asks the clerk, he is laughed at.
    Same kind of thing happened to my ex-husband, he asked me for advice before going to a b&m, I pointed him the tootle puffing way. He came out with a cloudz bro device and low mg liquid, and to top it off the clerk lied and said it was now illegal to sell liquid above 6mg. Sigh.

To heck with the mod, I am crushing on your fingernails......... The mod is nice looking too.
    I miss having long fingernails :cry: I had to give them up when I became a massage therapist.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Same kind of thing happened to my ex-husband, he asked me for advice before going to a b&m, I pointed him the tootle puffing way. He came out with a cloudz bro device and low mg liquid, and to top it off the clerk lied and said it was now illegal to sell liquid above 6mg. Sigh.

I miss having long fingernails :cry: I had to give them up when I became a massage therapist.

Hey Woman, please tell me you are pulling my leg?.. Are you really a massage therapist? Oh gees, I have spent countless amounts of $$Money on massages........... Massages to me, are one of the best pleasures in life that a person can experience (without a doubt) .... It is so AWESOME that you are a massage therapist !! Too bad you had to cut off your nails though... But, you are making people feel very wonderful and that is something FAR better than flashing your nails around.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Hey Woman, please tell me you are pulling my leg?.. Are you really a massage therapist? Oh gees, I have spent countless amounts of $$Money on massages........... Massages to me, are one of the best pleasures in life that a person can experience (without a doubt) .... It is so AWESOME that you are a massage therapist !! Too bad you had to cut off your nails though... But, you are making people feel very wonderful and that is something FAR better than flashing your nails around.

Agreed. I wish I knew someone who was a massage therapist! I don't know how their hands don't tire! I can barely give a massage for 10 minutes before my hands are too tired!

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Agreed. I wish I knew someone who was a massage therapist! I don't know how their hands don't tire! I can barely give a massage for 10 minutes before my hands are too tired!

lol .... yeah I know what you mean..... I imagine that their hands/arms get built up through the course of time.... They probably get built up while they are in masseuse school.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA

yeah I just had a professional massage while I visited Washington DC about a week ago... They are very expensive in that area for sure....

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Is it the kind that give full body massages.

Yeah I wouldn't have any other type for sure.... I am NOT talking about the kinky and perverted type of full body massage either........ I am talking about PROFESSIONAL masseuses, that you pay lots of money for, that do a good job of massaging ALL of the muscles in the body and not just the back..... A full body massage is awesome and by the time they get done with you, it's like floating on air... you are very relaxed for the rest of the day....

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Canada
    @ToolmanTexas THANK YOU! Thanks for telling about those screws for Kayfun deck.

Received them yesterday. Built the Kayfun with new screws. I was able to trap the first lead on the second try. A VAST improvement over the 10-15 tries it used to take.

I'm really glad you found suitable screws for trapping the wire!!!

Users who are viewing this thread