◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
35832938743_102725b848_b.jpg

35807174774_1c1e4459e2_b.jpg

36504072021_1979af893a_b.jpg

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
24mm with no posts to eat up some of the chamber volume.

that'll be a little bit different, I'd have to say.
I think that with the mesh in place, rather than a traditional coil, you'd take up quite a bit of the chamber volume. Finding kanthal mesh would be a bit of a problem, SS mesh might prove to be a bit too low in resistance.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
I think that with the mesh in place, rather than a traditional coil, you'd take uplace quite a bit of the chamber volume

you may be right about that.

One of those atties, I think the one you are going for, they seemed to be suggesting that they could provide spools of Kanthal mesh as well. I must have followed a link in the Liquid Feed APV subforum . .. . in this thread

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Mornin' Pinchville :)

Been quite busy lately, plus the nice thing is that we have our eldest daughter visiting for summer break.

Have to agree with Pete that the 24mm huge chamber on that will probably mute flavor of any single coil. I would say doubles (in fact something like fused claptons) would be a must on that thing to hope for any sort of flavor. As for the mesh, meh never was one for that stuff. I still have two Zen mods which I keep as collector's items.

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
Mornin' Pinchville :)

Been quite busy lately, plus the nice thing is that we have our eldest daughter visiting for summer break.

Have to agree with Pete that the 24mm huge chamber on that will probably mute flavor of any single coil. I would say doubles (in fact something like fused claptons) would be a must on that thing to hope for any sort of flavor. As for the mesh, meh never was one for that stuff. I still have two Zen mods which I keep as collector's items.
Yay! Family time is the best! Glad to see you pop in though.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
I seem to remember someone saying mesh is likely to have micro hotspots that will heat the metal to the unhealthy level where it starts to melt it and release harmful stuff (like dont breath it in)

my theory goes like this (and it's stupid):

back in the day, vape-eons ago when we were young vapers, I was doing quite a bit of rolled mesh wicking (w/ genesis and rda). When glowing the wick n' wire to resolve hotspots and create the layer of oxide char, there was a particular smell that perfumed the SS at that temp. To me, that smell was the indicator of metal brought to the temp that may be harmful to breathe on a regular basis. So, I quickly learned to not huff the glow; to hold my breath and avoid breathing those fumes while prepping the build.

Hotspots in a wet build have a distinctive flavor. One shouldn't vape through a hotspot, methinks. If it tastes bad, break it down and rebuild it, rather than hoping it will go away with time (which is unlikely; but people like to be hopeful).

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Truth of the matter is that with gennies we didn't really heat the mesh (other than when we prepped the mesh with the torch). We heated a coil around the mesh and the mesh served as a wick. This new atty however uses mesh as a coil so I dunno how that will react at high temps. It should be ok however since most mesh is SS and it should be the same as normal SS wire we use. Thing is mesh wire is much finer so it's ramp up must be faster and it should heat up considerably more than the thicker gauges

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Hi Oh He Who Has Abandoned Us!

I'm always around my dear..just getting more work these days...[emoji53]can't complain to be honest...much better than not getting enough work [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread