◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
35832938743_102725b848_b.jpg

35807174774_1c1e4459e2_b.jpg

36504072021_1979af893a_b.jpg

That's beautiful, I don't see no Orcas though :blink:

And if they were there, wouldn't they be in the water and not on the island? :?:

Unless, maybe they slid off the side :unsure:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
That's beautiful, I don't see no Orcas though :blink:

they do offer whale watching tours.
although I'd be afraid of slipping off the boat. :confused:

And if they were there, wouldn't they be in the water and not on the island? :?:

astute . . . brilliant, in fact

Unless, maybe they slid off the side :unsure:

which, . . .. yeah.
nod.gif

(see @ me and boat)

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
It was Mr Mundy that abandoned his experiments with the slug based on the heating of the mesh he used and to be fair he also made himself a device capable of firing such a beast. The general observation is based on the fact that welders dealing with SS take certain precautions against the release of gases, except those that cause amusement in late night drinking venues.

So it's fair to say that that mesh is nothing like the Genny users of old, that would struggle to get 14W through such a thing. Nowhere near those temperatures. Plus as Steve says the mesh was not also the heating element. A coil outside that did that.

The main failing i see of that atty is how i am supposed to make a mesh coil to a specific resistance which is what we all do now. An arch will not do, because that will depend on the material and wrapping it looks tough. Say i made it into a roll to get the resistance i want, like the mesh in a Genny. One end is going to have a dog leg and i see a hotspot.

Worse than that, with no wick it'll be dry as a bone in within a moment of firing. 'Oh, just put it in a bed of soaking cotton'. Then there's no need for a b/f pin.

Just had a week off; well apart from the constant email stream and a special "Trunker, get in here and make this" SOS yesterday.
Congrats to your daughter's husband Gigs ;)

T

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
You are approaching retirement :oops:

well, you don't see me preserving anything now, do you? (Mr. Posterior-in-need-of-preservation)

:pervy:

(anyway, that's not the kind of retirement where I don't still need to grind the grinder-thingy . . . . more of a "differentiment")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread