Not open for further replies.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
So,
I normally dont like tanks.... Because they are too small a deck to build with and I have FAT fingers. THAT being said....I do have one tank....

Its a TFV4...

Anyways...

Having some trouble. Used the stock coil... that was 0.6 I believe (But cant quite remember)
Then I figured it was too little cool for my liking.
Soooo. I ripped that coil out and built a 6 wrap clapton coil.
That came in at 0.8.... Ok... whatever. Still not my thing. Ripped it out, tried with normal wire. 6 wraps 26 G ... 0.8 Ohms.
Ok. take that clapton I had in there before .... Modify it so Its now 4 wraps. AND STILL 0.8!!!!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

This is so Frustrating!!!

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
So,
I normally dont like tanks.... Because they are too small a deck to build with and I have FAT fingers. THAT being said....I do have one tank....

Its a TFV4...

Anyways...

Having some trouble. Used the stock coil... that was 0.6 I believe (But cant quite remember)
That came in at 0.8.... Ok... whatever. Still not my thing. Ripped it out, tried with normal wire. 6 wraps 26 G ... 0.8 Ohms.
Ok. take that clapton I had in there before .... Modify it so Its now 4 wraps. AND STILL 0.8!!!!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

What mod are you using it on?

Reactions: Eskie

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Reset your mod too. It might think old coil is still there.

The older Sig 150 doesn't "remember" coil resistance since it a VW device only, not TC.

I seem to remember the 510 on those mods developing issues over time resulting in incorrect resistance readings. You may try cleaning out the 510 with a bit of rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
So,

Its a TFV4...

Anyways...

Sounds like the mod is not reading resistance correctly.

Remove batteries and re start.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
If that's the old silver big rectangular mod, run, and I mean run fast. That was my first "big boys" toy and It damn near killed me. I don't think all those early mods were as safe and well built as the more recent ones. What you describe makes no sense and must be the 510 pin or the chipset itself failing.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
If that's the old silver big rectangular mod, run, and I mean run fast. That was my first "big boys" toy and It damn near killed me. I don't think all those early mods were as safe and well built as the more recent ones. What you describe makes no sense and must be the 510 pin or the chipset itself failing.

I have had two Sugelei mods (30 and the 75) and will NEVER have another.

The 30 at 6 watts hit hard as mech mod, and burned the cotton at 8 watts. On every other. Mod i could fire at 17 watts before burning the cotton.

The Sigelei 75 was stuck in Temperature control and coukd not get it out

I sold the 30 over a year ago, and the 75 about two months ago .

From now on its going to be IStick Pico or eVic VTC Mini.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Put the atty on another mod that reads resistance, or on a ohm reader or DMM. If multiple device readings are within about 0.05 ohms the build is about that resistance. If the readings are different, you should be able to figure out which device is correct because resistance will be close to what steam engine says it should be. Once you know which device has the problem you can troubleshoot that.

I used one of the old Sigelei 150's for quite a while and never had any resistance issues with it. It was a very dependable mod for a lot of people. Its in my vapocaplipse box now :)

Good luck with it :thumb:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I have had two Sugelei mods (30 and the 75) and will NEVER have another.

The 30 at 6 watts hit hard as mech mod, and burned the cotton at 8 watts. On every other. Mod i could fire at 17 watts before burning the cotton.

The Sigelei 75 was stuck in Temperature control and coukd not get it out

I sold the 30 over a year ago, and the 75 about two months ago .

From now on its going to be IStick Pico or eVic VTC Mini.

Who did that sales pitch actually work on :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread