Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Haha,i'll do ya all one better.I throw out some pics of the derringer and what a little creativity can do for these little mods.I have been using this as my all day device since saturday morning,and noticed like someone else mentioned that as you hold it,it starts to get a bit slippery so i made a wrap for it from a 3m di noc sample i got a while back.Feels alot better in the hand now,and doesn't have that plastic look anymore.
    bfmod_zpsa2c01m1h.jpg

bfmod2_zpsu6bklh4e.jpg

Good idea with the wrap, I have some 3M samples, now going to have to copy you :D

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Good idea with the wrap, I have some 3M samples, now going to have to copy you :D
    It's funny,wrapping a mod was the reason i got the samples in the first place,but i've had them about 6 months and forgot i had them haha.I was thinking earlier about what i could put on it and remembered this stuff.It was really easy to do,and the di noc will form really well even down into the hole for the bottle,just make sure you wipe the mod down real good first so the adhesive will get a good hold.Throw up some pics when you get it done,i can't believe how big of a difference it made.

Reactions: Nailz

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    It's funny,wrapping a mod was the reason i got the samples in the first place,but i've had them about 6 months and forgot i had them haha.I was thinking earlier about what i could put on it and remembered this stuff.It was really easy to do,and the di noc will form really well even down into the hole for the bottle,just make sure you wipe the mod down real good first so the adhesive will get a good hold.Throw up some pics when you get it done,i can't believe how big of a difference it made.

Yea I used them on my zero mods, this mod looks a bit harder to do, but got plenty to work with though :)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    This is the kinda of thing I for seen happening :) Only problem is a VW BF'er is a rare breed I know there is a cheep one from China but if you want a quality piece they are few & far between no to mention $$
    Faced with the choices I made my own :) There is a real nice DIY VW BF'er mod called the Gdeal You can get the printed parts at 'GDNA v4-2 - Large Screen - All Parts (Updated)' | 3D Printing | Sculpteo
    There is also a link to livewiremods were you can get a parts kit
    If you have intermediate mod building skills this is a great way to go I have built a few and there is nothing like a VW TC BF'er mod :)

This entire mod and atty costs less than a legit DIY chip.

There are also $50 geyscano 50watt squonkers available for an entry level regulated bottom feeder.

You don't have to build a clock to
    find out what time it is.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Yea I used them on my zero mods, this mod looks a bit harder to do, but got plenty to work with though :)
    Nah,you want to talk about hard,try wrapping a vamo,that sucked haha,those tiny button and screen holes were horrible.On this one,just slide the door off,and wrap the main body,then trim right around all the edges,then cover the door,press down into the hole a bit so it sticks good,then trim the hole from the inside of the door.I used an exacto knife to get good smooth edges.Took maybe 10 minutes to do,these are actually pretty easy ones to wrap.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    This entire mod and atty costs less than a legit DIY chip.

There are also $50 geyscano 50watt squonkers available for an entry level regulated bottom feeder.

You don't have to build a clock to
    find out what time it is.

We all know that. I was just showing a higher end option for a reasonable price.
    If your looking for a regulated BF'er the choices are limited.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    You may want to wait for more feedback on this one.
    The last post doesn't sound good.........
    Chalice III Style RDA $10.72 | E-Cigarette Forum
    Yeah, I did a quick search and read through that thread too. I'm pretty sure that last post, judging by their previous posts, was just a dig at clones. Their other posts didn't give the impression that they were interested in buying/using one at all. Not sure why some people feel the need to post when they haven't/won't be buying/using the product.

Reactions: thetrucker

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Yeah, I did a quick search and read through that thread too. I'm pretty sure that last post, judging by their previous posts, was just a dig at clones. Their other posts didn't give the impression that they were interested in buying/using one at all. Not sure why some people feel the need to post when they haven't/won't be buying/using the product.
    I agree.
    For the price, its worth giving it a try.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    So it's just kind of press fit in there?
    Yep.
    A few members there just pushed the chamber out and replaced it properly.
    Easy fix. Just read the discussions on the product page, you'll get some laughs and a few honest reviews.
    Always read the discussions on FT products before buying to get the skinny on clones.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Yep.
    A few members there just pushed the chamber out and replaced it properly.
    Easy fix. Just read the discussions on the product page, you'll get some laughs and a few honest reviews.
    Always read the discussions on FT products before buying to get the skinny on clones.
    Yeah, I've done that every time I've bought from FT, I was looking at the focal site though which tends to not have reviews, and I haven't checked out their forum yet.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Just got my Terminator/Owl today. The mod feels good in the hand, left is more comfortable than right, but not bad in the right hand either.

I'm not sold on the atty, it's huge, and no way to set it for single coil airflow, and the juice well is huge with no draining BUT it's a decent enough vape. That chalice is looking really tempting now.

Reactions: thetrucker

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Well fasttech shipped my Terminator today but the Zenith v2.5 is "restocking" and will be shipped at a later date. [emoji20]

Had that Zenith on order since the 17th, when ordered it was ship in 5 days, and they have added more days 3 times now, so no idea when will actually see it.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    Had that Zenith on order since the 17th, when ordered it was ship in 5 days, and they have added more days 3 times now, so no idea when will actually see it.
    Yup. I've had mine on order since the 22nd. I'll just wait and be pleasantly surprised with vape mail someday.

on a side note, if I like the terminator then I will probably mod a derringer or tobh clone I have into a bottom feeder. If I like it enough I'm going to scrap lots of pennies together and get a Reo. Getting a Reo would have extra meaning to me being i'm a born and bred Mainer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread