30mm Tilemahos Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrZoSo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
GA, USA
Finally got my Ti wire to make a "spring" for my 30mm. When I went to set it up I noticed I was getting a reading on my meter before I even put the spring/coil in. Checked with a second meter as well.
The AD pin is touching the side of the 510 hole. Looks like some machining is off in the base. Either the threads where milled off center or the hole is off center, or threads for springomizer where milled at a slight angle, not sure, just my thoughts.
Tried multiple springomizers and got the same results.
What do we do Imeo?
30mmTil.jpg

Last edited:

mrZoSo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
GA, USA
Insulator is good, I've completely dis-assembled and re-assembled it. I've tried 3 complete housings(one that came with the 30mm, and 2 others I pulled out of working Tilemahos') and they all do the same thing, the AD pin is not centered in the 510 hole.
Could it be in part, that the Tilemahos Insulator, that screwed on the center post, is not used anymore?
tilemahos-insulator.jpg

I will try using one from one of my V1 and see what happens.

I took a look at all my others and they are all off a little, but the 30mm is really off.
The original(V1) is more centered than the newer ones.
1238ac35-7b6b-4f8f-a351-1125222ad4de.jpg

Last edited:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Man, that pin is too close to the wall for comfort for me. That blows...

No way I use that thing. My only suggestion would be to epoxy it in place very snuggly so you know it will not move.

I would not Jam o-rings in there. They cannot take heat and they are too mallable. Any pressure on the pin can distort the o-ring.

My guess is many 2mm are drilled like this as well. As the atty becomes larger, like yours, the distortions become magnified resulting in this.

BE SAFE. Definitely would never mount that beast on a mech...lol.

Reactions: anavidfan

mrZoSo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
GA, USA
@WharfRat1976 - Don't worry, I wouldn't take a chance with the pin that close and touching. I wouldn't epoxy it either,, lol
I'd rather find the problem and get it resolved ;)

@imeothanasis - I tried the o-ring where plastic insulator goes and it made no difference. However, I think I found where the problem is.
It's the Center Post Extension and AD pin combo!

I put two different springomizers in a V1 and it's off center as it was in the 30mm. I put the V1 Center Post AD pin on a springomizer and in the 30mm and BAZINGA!, it's centered!! :)

ADPINTOUCH.jpg

You might need/want to look into the machining process of the Center Post Extension and AD pin. With the tight tolerances you wouldn't want someone to have a battery pop on them. I could only imagine a 26650 popping!

Looks like I'll be ordering a few V1 Center Post AD pins, especially since I have no need for an adjustable 510 pin anyhow ;)

The 30mm be generating vapor really good now on my 26650 mod!! w00t w00t!! :rickroll:

30mmTilemahos-b.jpg

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I am very glad that you identify the problem Mr! Things like this may happen from time to time. Machines make mistakes too not only humans lol

If you buy the non adjustable pin its ok. But you can ask for your center post and AD pin from your seller too for free when you order your non AD pin :)

mrZoSo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
GA, USA
I am very glad that you identify the problem Mr! Things like this may happen from time to time. Machines make mistakes too not only humans lol
Oh yes, I understand that too, heh
Keep in mind though, this was with 3 different center post and AD pins. The one in the V1 picture wasn't the one that came with the 30mm either, it's one I already had. Just checked 3 others and they are close as well. I'm just going to replace them all with the non-adjustable pin, just to be on the safe side ;)

Do you have them in stock?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread