3D printed drip cups ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disturbed1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
CT
3D printed plastic is basically a nylon material. There are other materials that can be ordered, but typically they get a bit pricey. Also, the nylon material will need to be sealed. Havent seen any printed drip cups, but if you have specs, I could take a crack at CADing it up for you.

that would be great!
This is what I'm using not and just cutting it down.
Sharkbite Pex adapter, 1/2in. x 1/2in. UC600LFA

sorry for the crappy drawing but the best I could do. All measurements where with a crappy ruler but I hope you get the jist. what would you seal the nylon with or could something like delrin (think I spelled that right) be used

drip cup.jpg

Didn't come out var well

H 1/2"
OD 6/8"
ID 5/8
hole in center is fits a mad vapes 510 perfect

Last edited:

danfinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
Virgo Super Cluster
3D printed plastic is basically a nylon material. There are other materials that can be ordered, but typically they get a bit pricey. Also, the nylon material will need to be sealed. Havent seen any printed drip cups, but if you have specs, I could take a crack at CADing it up for you.

How would the nylon stand up to heat? What would you seal it with?

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
Ok. My 510 CAD model is a bit different than your 510. If the diameter of your 510 is 7 mm just under the top lip, then the last picture I posted should work based on the dimensions you posted earlier. If not let me know what it is.

I can either send you a file for you to upload to shapeways or I can just send you a link to get the part.

Last edited:

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
I got about 350 thouw so if I remember you should be just about dead on. With it being plastic I can always open it up a bit.

Ok...sounds good, but 350 thou is ~8.9 mm.

Here is the .7mm part in STL. Just sign up to shapeways and upload, they will give you print material options etc....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_egiFI_57VwZGFJSFZ1RERMcjA/edit?usp=sharing

Here is a second file that has the part with a 350 thou hole (8.89mm)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_egiFI_57VwZ1prMm4xYkpnXzg/edit?usp=sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread