1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

510 vs 808

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Motoman101, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Motoman101

Motoman101 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

What is the difference between the 510 and the 808? All my carts are 808.

2. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just the treading. I think more pvs and the variety of cartos, tanks .attys and things are 510 threaded rather than 808 but that's what adapters are for:)

3. ComfyChair

ComfyChair Full Member

Essentially its just a difference in threading. Other than that, they both do the same thing. From a practicality perspective, there's just more 510 threaded stuff out there for us vapers to choose from than 808. Although, my brick and mortar just started selling 808 threaded stardusts. Guess it was just a matter of time. Anyway, the pics show the difference. On left, Boge with ego battery, on the right 808 with 808 battery. (First time posting an image...hope this works)

DSCN0747.jpg DSCN0746.jpg

4. hassanm

hassanm Full Member Verified Member

I've noticed more compatibilty with 510s than with anything else, although there are adaptors now for that...

5. leftfeild

leftfeild Super Member ECF Veteran

510 batteries are regulated to 3.3 - 3.2 volts.

808 batteries are either not regulated or are 3.6ish volts. More power out of a kr808d-1 model battery than a 510 battery and kr808D-1 tend to have more robust automatics and more battery life.

Other than the slim battery difference, the 808 to 510 is almost no different, just how the threading is.

6. yiddleboge6

yiddleboge6 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

The threading doesn't have anything to do with how many volts the battery is. There are a lot of vv devices out there that use 510 threading. It's simply the size of the threading that connects one piece to another :blink:

7. leftfeild

leftfeild Super Member ECF Veteran

I never said they did. I wasn't as clear as I could have been. The 510 battery, the janty stick and other clones ie the "slim battry" I was talking about is all I meant. No mods, no other 510 threading - just the battery that is called a 510. The same for 808, as there are larger devices that are 808 threaded - I only mentioned slim kr808d-1 batteries.

It was incase they meant the batteries, kr808d-1 and 510 model. That's the difference between a 510 and an 808 slim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.