A Quest for Glass / Pyrex Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtdewfreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Texas
Ok, so I got a Duo Clean tank from the classies and I really like it but it's fiddly. I like the way it looks on the Twist and Provari. I don't like it that when I take it apart to clean it well, it's a PITA to get all of the O rings exactly back into their proper locations. If the O rings are even slightly askew, the tank leaks. It is easy to fill and refill; just pull out the drip tip. It's a nice looking tank, but at that price point, I wasn't even going to consider purchasing it new. Phiniacs are still my fave glass tank.

Here's a pic from the website.
576408_140125892778579_129879160469919_65627_51526782_n__31665_zoom.jpg

And link: Duo tank

badass...

pricey...

and i want one...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Anybody know of a pyrex tube with SCREW in end caps?
You can "create" one. I matched a CLEAR Phiniac pyrex tube with the endcaps of a Bella-Elegance tank from Hoosier Vapes. Let me be clear that it must be one of the clear tanks from Phiniac, as the colored tanks have a different inner diameter and the HV caps won't fit those.

The Hoosier Vapes tank caps use a combination one-piece mouthpiece and top cap which twists onto the tube for easy juice filling.

Hoosier Vapes now has glass tubes as replacements for the polycarbonate tubes for their Bella-Elegance tanks if you don't want the Phiniac tube. They also have stainless steel caps (same style) instead of the acrylic.

Bella_Phin_1.jpg Bella-Phin-Frog.jpg Bella_Phin3.jpg

Caps from Hoosier Vapes matched with color sand-blasted design on a Phiniac pyrex tube. Green e-liquid is Ecto Plasma.

Last edited:

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
You can "create" one. I matched a CLEAR Phiniac pyrex tube with the endcaps of a Bella-Elegance tank from Hoosier Vapes. Let me be clear that it must be one of the clear tanks from Phiniac, as the colored tanks have a different inner diameter and the HV caps won't fit those.

The Hoosier Vapes tank caps use a combination one-piece mouthpiece and top cap which twists onto the tube for easy juice filling.

Hoosier Vapes now has glass tubes as replacements for the polycarbonate tubes for their Bella-Elegance tanks if you don't want the Phiniac tube. They also have stainless steel caps (same style) instead of the acrylic.

Are you saying that the end caps are threaded and screw into the glass tubes?

Cheers,
otrpu

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I see. The Vision threaded tanks sort of spoiled me. I got so tired of having tanks pull apart when I tried pulling them out of my custom made leather holster. Dropped many a juice load in that holster pre threaded tanks. I'm getting the ProVari set up for one of my wife's nieces. I doubt she'll carry it in the holster anyway. So, probably very snug fitting caps would probably be good enough. One of my early pyrex barrells broke when I inserted the end caps. Early pyrex tanks were rather thin walled. Thanks again for the info.

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:
I just got the smok PBC v1 & v2...... Pyrex tank, bottom coil, and a plastic sleeve that the top and bottom screw into. That sleeve also protects the Pyrex! No leaks !! No dry hits !! Big clouds even with a little eGo 650! Also got the new Innokin iclear 30B. Dual bottom coils!! Innokin claims the tank is impervious to any juice. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread