Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Just curious if I am in the minority here. I hope this doesn't come off as condescending - different strokes, and I am truly curious.

I usually just carry a mod and tank with me when I leave the house. Generally I don't travel a lot, mainly my commute to work, or out running errands or shopping with my wife. I don't really venture far from the house, typically. I don't go to bars, and eat out a few times per week. Visit friends on occasion. Pretty boring right?

I see people posting their vape kits here, and really wonder if all that is necessary. Certainly not for me, as I don't want to lug all that stuff around. Like today - I grabbed my iStick30 with Subtank Mini, fully charged and full tank, and went to work which is a 25 minute drive. The iStick/Kanger combo is tiny and fits well in my pocket. It's perfect for traveling. Once at work I have that plus an MVP2 with a IBTanked carto tank and a spare bottle of juice on my desk though it is rarely used since my employer outlawed indoor vaping.

If I am going shopping or to dinner I usually carry the same, or something similar - nothing bigger than a single 18650 regulated box with a tank or maybe my Reo Grand. I've never had the need to carry any more than that, so I'm wondering why folks carry wick, wire juice, batteries, tools etc...and curious how many do. I'm not knocking it, just don't get it. I can see if I was traveling away from home for days, as in vacation, but otherwise...

I prefer to pack light, and already have enough junk in my pockets, especially if I'm also CCW. I don't want to carry a man-bag or briefcase full of vape gear. Even a small box or pouch is an encumbrance to me. Never carried a smoking kit either.

So, where do I fall in the vape gear spectrum?...what do you carry?

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Where do you fall? Lightweight pansy division. :lol: Out and about, I usually take a ProVari with a fresh battery in it, extra juice, extra coil and drip tip (I use breakable ones and they always break at the worst time). If I go away to a day or more, I look lie a pack rat. Once you've been caught away from home without a backup everything, you learn your lesson fast. No vape stores around here to drop into and buy a replacement part for something.

fyrefiend

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Wilmington Area, DE, USA
I carry a case that's slightly larger than an eyeglass case in my pocket that contains small bottle or two of juice, a frash, sealed drip-tip condom (so I can let others try my vape without sharing their germs), and a couple of aerotank minis (I get bored of flavors quickly so I change it up constantly). I keep my iStick 30 with an additional tank in the change pocket of my jeans.
With it being winter I don't find this a burden as the case goes into a jacket pocket. I don't know what I'll do when it gets too warm for my jacket and I lose the vape gear pocket.

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
I have my bag o' tricks (have mentioned it on here before). In amongst all the other sundry that I keep in it is a complete coiling kit, a couple bottles of whatever flavor I'm using, spare batteries, and a couple different tanks (I like to change flavors).

There's also a notebook, tablet, chargers for everything, rune stones, a couple books, med kit, tools, lockpicks, ink...

All housed in a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipak. I added straps to the back, so I can attach it to my sissybar during riding season

Mailablemage

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Medford Or
I carry all my stuff in 2 carry cases.

Gear list

3 Efest 2500 mAh IMR batteries
2 feet of 26g kanthal
1 multi head screw driver
1 flat head screw driver(for wrapping could around)
Nail clippers
Tweezers
2 cotton balls
1 small bag of spare post screws
1 small bag of spare o rings
30mils of juice in glass bottle
Nemesis mod with plume veil RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread