batteries. which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richboyporter

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2015
Cleveland
I have the ipv4 on pre order (can't wait) im stuck on the battery choice. I want to find the best choice for a vv/ww mod. With the most mahmp life and amp draw load. I was thinking about the LG HE4 . 2500MAH 35A High drain. I heard the efest purple has great battery life. But I enjoy lower builds. .15-.2 occasional .1 . I just want the safest battery with the most load and lifespan. Anyone with some info plz enlighten me. We gotta stay safe. Thxx

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
MXJO are just rewrapped low bin LG HE2s. Better off getting legit HE2s.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
but they arent Yellow ;-) Weather they are or anent re-wraps its a quality battery I haven't had any issues or herd of anyone else
so I feel comfortable recommend them.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
but they arent Yellow ;-) Weather they are or anent re-wraps its a quality battery I had haven't had any issues or herd of anyone else
so I feel comfortable recommend them.

Heh, HE4s are ;) and they are better than HE2s.

I wouldn't recommend them to others though, when you can buy the real deal for cheaper generally I see no point in buying the lower bin, poor performing more expensive option.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Wanna trust your face to an unknown cell ? more power to you

I doubt they are LG because they can't even keep up with the lg 2 lol
images.jpg

Quit paying 2x the price for a cell that gets smoked by the samsung

How many reliable sources does it take to convince everyone these are a scam

Even hkj on candlepower forums stated in his tests " unknown cells with very liberal marketing claims"

Even in this video they call them sub par to top shelf brands

No one denies its an OK battery, but everyone does agree they are NOT what they claim

Last edited:

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
Samsungs and LGs are all I use and i am very happy with both. In my mechs its my Samsungs and boxes LGs. Just feel the samsungs hit harder in the mechs and the LGs last longer in my boxes. Probably just something I do that has no merit. My 1st battery ever was a legit VTC4 and felt like it hit like a champ till my dumbass shorted it out.

Personally I stay away from MXJOs, Vamped and other batteries people like for some reason.

EDIT: OP make sure to marry you batteries. Mark them and only charge/discharge together.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
The LG HE4 is a 20 amp battery, not 35. Unscrupulous vendors/resellers will advertise a battery's "pulse rating" as being its "discharge rating", a reckless and dangerous sale tactic. A little pricey at $7.75 ea but here's the "real" data 18650 LG 18650HE4 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top - Batteries - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

Samsung 25R is also a 20amp battery with the same 2500 mAh rating as the LG but at $6 ea is a better buy 18650 Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh High Discharge FLAT Top - Batteries - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Report: Earlier today I unwrapped an 18650 MXJO. No visible sign of it being a rewrapped LGHE2 battery. FACT.
Now I don't remember exactly as I didn't pay that much attention when I last rewrapped one of my HE2s, but I don't think there's any clear he2 or LG markings on those. In any case, it wouldn't be too hard to include or remove markings from the bare battery shell itself. Tests are the way to go, and according to them MXJOs don't perform better than LGs or Samsung's, and there certainly isn't anything in the tests indicating that they're 35 amp cdr batteries.

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
Claims were made they were rewrapped LGHE2s. I see no proof nor has anyone backed up their claim. Such a claim discredits a person/company that's why I asked for proof of such claim.

Defaming from false pretenses.

Rumors start this way...then gossip arises...then everyone believes it as such...

No question about purple efests as rewrapped vtc4s because someone actually showed it.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Claims were made they were rewrapped LGHE2s. I see no proof nor has anyone backed up their claim. Such a claim discredits a person/company that's why I asked for proof of such claim.

Defaming from false pretenses.

Rumors start this way...then gossip arises...then everyone believes it as such...

No question about purple efests as rewrapped vtc4s because someone actually showed it.
Tests are usually a much better indication than any markings. If discharge curves are nearly identical it's a safe bet that it's a rewrap. There's also the point with them not being a battery manufacturer (there aren't that many, and developing good top tier batteries requires plenty of r&d that only bigger companies can afford).

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
Tests are usually a much better indication than any markings. If discharge curves are nearly identical it's a safe bet that it's a rewrap. There's also the point with them not being a battery manufacturer (there aren't that many, and developing good top tier batteries requires plenty of r&d that only bigger companies can afford).

Tests indicate the similarities and differences of one battery from the other, not proving a claim as it's a rewrapped battery. The claim is an mxjo is a rewrapped LGHE2, not an mxjo performs the same as battery such and such.

If your statement holds true, then mxjo, vtc5, Efest, and LG are all rewraps of low-end-bottom-bin Samsung 25Rs.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Tests indicate the similarities and differences of one battery from the other, not proving a claim as it's a rewrapped battery. The claim is an mxjo is a rewrapped LGHE2, not an mxjo performs the same as battery such and such.

If your statement holds true, then mxjo, vtc5, Efest, and LG are all rewraps of low-end-bottom-bin Samsung 25Rs.

Look at the graphs for the vtc, LG he2, LG he4, Samsung 25r. They are all different, though they may perform similarly. The 2500 mAh efest has a graph that's pretty much identical to the LG he2 (but not the he4) = it's safe to assume that they are the same battery. Mxjo doesn't manufacture batteries, nor does Efest or AW, thus they must be rewrapped batteries manufactured by others. Now, if you have any proof that mxjo manufacture their own batteries, and that they're up to spec (and can handle more than 20 amp LGs and Samsungs and 30 amp Sonys), please present the evidence.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I never made any claim.

This was the original claim. So far all the replies have been assumptions and hearsay.
Ok, you just seem to be so defensive on the subject of mxjo. However, you did claim that they weren't LG he2s based on you having unwrapped one. Now, take a look at the graphs in the Pegasus Vapor Academy video that was linked earlier. The 2500 mAh Efest and the mxjo perform pretty much identical in the test. Samsung 25r performs better. In other tests (see dampfakkus) the efest and the LG he2 perform almost identical (you can throw in the purple EH 2500 mAh there as well). As it's very unlikely that two batteries from different manufacturers perform identically, it's a safe assumption that the Efest, EH, and mxjo are all rewrapped LG he2s (they're not Samsung 25r's as they perform differently). The small varations that we can see are simply differences between individual batteries.

Logical conclusion: as efest, eh, and mxjo don't manufacture batteries themselves they must rewrap batteries made by others (nothing wrong with that, plenty of battery sellers do that). As battery tests show that the aforementioned batteries perform identical as the LG he2 we can assume that they are all rewrapped LG he2s. That's very basic logic, contest it if you will but it doesn't make you right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread