Ugh, Why did i get talked into something that wont "work" with my device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daesania

Jul 17, 2013
Brandon, FL
I've got a VTR that i was using with an aero tank, but was burning through coils like every 4 days. Local vape shop recommended the nautilus mini since that's what the owner uses with the same juice I use. Doesnt quite fit with the VTR ring, but they showed me how to screw the base in and just pop it in that way. Cool, no problem right? Yeah right.

I go to refill and i cant get this ....ing thing off at all. The 510 connection is not stuck in to the device, but the bottom ring to unscrew the glass part is just not budging at all. So now I basically have a inert device and tank that cannot even be used and I'm out 52 bucks in total for this damn tank and coils.

:mad:

daesania

Jul 17, 2013
Brandon, FL
Sounds like you need to get all new vape gear!

hah, not in my cards ;) I've used the same VTR and Aerotank for a year and a half. I'm one of those "if its not broke, dont fix it" kinda gals. Thankfully I still have my evic from before the VTR, so i'm not completely hosed. Just using the Evic with aerotank for now, but I was happy with my setup, just not the coil consumption (hence the trial to the nautilus).

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
daesania:15637610 said:
Sounds like you need to get all new vape gear!

hah, not in my cards ;) I've used the same VTR and Aerotank for a year and a half. I'm one of those "if its not broke, dont fix it" kinda gals. Thankfully I still have my evic from before the VTR, so i'm not completely hosed. Just using the Evic with aerotank for now, but I was happy with my setup, just not the coil consumption (hence the trial to the nautilus).

Why didn't you use the extension arm?

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
A) I dont have it after a year and a half of using it
B) that's not what they showed me in the store. They recommended to screw the base on separately into the connection, turn upside down, then put the top half on and screw in.

Yes but that causes problems (as you found out). You can probably buy an extension arm online somewhere.

daesania

Jul 17, 2013
Brandon, FL
Yes but that causes problems (as you found out). You can probably buy an extension arm online somewhere.

Well, not to be snarky, but i didnt anticipate this issue when it was shown to me at the store. Buying one online now serves no point since the entire device is currently being rendered useless.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Well, not to be snarky, but i didnt anticipate this issue when it was shown to me at the store. Buying one online now serves no point since the entire device is currently being rendered useless.

If you have pliers you can loosen it up. I had to do that about a week ago to get the base of my tank to screw off. Good luck.

daesania

Jul 17, 2013
Brandon, FL
If you have pliers you can loosen it up. I had to do that about a week ago to get the base of my tank to screw off. Good luck.

I've already tried that, sadly. I've tried pliers, pliers with a washrag, pliers with a rubber band, i've tried freezing the device for a few minutes, all of the "normal" type of ideas that i've seen previously.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Well, on a good note, I got the thing off. Pliers on the bottom itself was not going anywhere. Pliers on the little 510 plug on the bottom however did work. I'm just happy to have it off.

Im glad you got it apart I would say something is amiss because this stuff is supposed to come apart buy hand, The post about taking it back to the shop is a good idea then they can see it is not working right and possibly replace it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread