Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
A couple months after switching to vaping, I lost my taste for coffee. Just didn't seem the same without a cig to go along with it. I switched to tea. Every once in a great while now I will grind some beans and brew a pot, mostly for the smell, Always loved the smell of a fresh brew.

issy

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Between Timid and Timbuktu
Since I quit smoking, I have become incredibly sensitive to caffeine. It got so bad I had zero appetite and was having frequent panic attacks...so I completely gave it up 2 months ago. Now I'm no longer underweight, and have had zero panic attacks and a voracious appetite (yay!). Every body is different. Now I find myself vaping in bed in the morning instead of coffee, and the effects are much more enjoyable than the jacked up feeling that lasted all day thanks to one k-cup and made me unable to gain weight.

I really did enjoy the whole coffee/cigarette thing, but sadly, my body changed after quitting.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Not the same as you, but I cannot have any caffeine after noon. And that sensitivity started since I quit smoking and started vaping (on the same day). If I have any caffeine after noon, I have trouble sleeping at night.

Right now, I am at two to three cups of coffee. Hot decaf tea is an occasional craving.

Reactions: issy

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    You know, since I quit smoking I do drink a bit less coffee. I don't know for sure that both events are related, but timing is almost everything.. And sort of on topic, I couldn't smoke a cigarette in the morning. At least not until late morning, close to noon, often not until early mid-afternoon. Unless I was driving somewhere. Then I would start hammerin' nails as early as 0530 - 0600. Recently I tried hittin' my vape around 0730 one morning. That's still too early, but by 0900 it's not a problem. Go figure. I just think that's the way my body wants to work..

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 27, 2015
    Austin, TX
    You wouldn't like me without coffee...
    hulk.jpeg

...and I'd likely get banned from the forum...

Jay :headbang:

crunchie812

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 15, 2014
    Key Largo, FL USA
    Do any of you coffee drinkers feel like since you've started vaping you are drinking less coffee or consuming less caffeine in general? I used to go through at least a pound of coffee beans per week but the past couple weeks I've only gone through half that.
    I'm weaning myself off caffeine intentionally. I'm down to 3 mugs of 1/4 caf in the morning only. Funny thing, I've always had shaky hands, especially when doing delicate things. A couple of days ago I was wicking some coils and I looked at my hands holding this itty-bitty metal thingy threading cotton through this teeny coil and I felt something was odd, but I couldn't figure what. Then I realized what it was: my hands were rock steady. Too weird, huh?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread