Cutting back nicotine mg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hnyb0210

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
PA
For those of you who have scaled back your nic mg, at what intervals did you do so?

Have been vaping for 12 days @ 18mg (gave up the analogs & feeling generally good). However, I'm having some occasional rapid heartbeat (& strangely I think my BP is actually up??). I'm actually drinking less coffee than I did when smoking, so I don't think it's the caffeine. I'm wondering if maybe I'm getting too much nic & should drop back my mg already? Do you think it's too soon since I've only been off analogs for 5 days? I have virtually no craving for an analog & I'd like to keep it that way, but I don't want to overdo the nic either (I smoked a pad of Pall Menthol 100s previously).

Thanks!

Dominicanto

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2012
New York City
One thing you could do that's helped me out is to buy two nic strengths of the same flavor and mix them to get a lower overall nic strength. You can go half and half or just add a few drops of the higher nic strength liquid until you find your sweet spot. Started at 24mg (mind you, I smoked Marlboro lights but that's what I needed to kick the initial cravings for analogs). Went down to 18, 16, 12, 11 and as low as 4. For my all day vape I mix the 11 and 4 (50/50) for roughly 7.5 and it's just right for me with no heart racing, headaches or acid reflux (oddly enough, I was getting that from vaping at one point). Some might recommend to get a bottle of 0mg of your current 18mg juice so that you can dilute the nic level down to where you like it. That works too and you won't waste your current juices that way.

Also keep in mind that you're going to end up vaping more than you ever smoked, at least initially. If you don't drip, it may be a good idea to try it out as you're more likely to space out your vapes and take your time with it if you're sucking down on a carto or clearo now. As you lower your nic, you're likely to find that throat hit will be less (which you may or may not like) and it may be that you'll need a good kick now and then to get the edge off. Another reason why having a drip setup for the occasion where you need a higher nic juice for a few puffs is a good idea.

Good luck and hope some of this is useful.

hnyb0210

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
PA
Wonderful - I truly appreciate the advice. I thought perhaps I should move down to 12mg. I've been experimenting w/a few juice samples (all 18mg) to find some that I like enough to order larger bottles of. When I order those larger bottles, I'll order 12. Love the idea of getting a 0mg so that I don't waste the 18mg juice I have here! I'm beginning to learn about filling cartos, mixing flavors, etc. (added a few drops of JC Valencia to my SI Ice Menthol this morning - interesting!) :2cool:

I am concerned about losing some throat hit, as that seemed to be what I was missing originally that drove me back to an analog from time to time. Now I have that rectified & no cravings. I think I'm confident enough in myself vaping already that I wouldn't go crawling back to an analog if the 12mg wasn't quite cutting it - I would take other steps first.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
One thing you could do that's helped me out is to buy two nic strengths of the same flavor and mix them to get a lower overall nic strength. You can go half and half or just add a few drops of the higher nic strength liquid until you find your sweet spot. Started at 24mg (mind you, I smoked Marlboro lights but that's what I needed to kick the initial cravings for analogs). Went down to 18, 16, 12, 11 and as low as 4. For my all day vape I mix the 11 and 4 (50/50) for roughly 7.5 and it's just right for me with no heart racing, headaches or acid reflux (oddly enough, I was getting that from vaping at one point). Some might recommend to get a bottle of 0mg of your current 18mg juice so that you can dilute the nic level down to where you like it. That works too and you won't waste your current juices that way.

Also keep in mind that you're going to end up vaping more than you ever smoked, at least initially. If you don't drip, it may be a good idea to try it out as you're more likely to space out your vapes and take your time with it if you're sucking down on a carto or clearo now. As you lower your nic, you're likely to find that throat hit will be less (which you may or may not like) and it may be that you'll need a good kick now and then to get the edge off. Another reason why having a drip setup for the occasion where you need a higher nic juice for a few puffs is a good idea.

Good luck and hope some of this is useful.
Great advice here, and more great reasons to drip.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread