Is the istick the new Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
It's amazing how much the Provari's have come down in price. I paid over 300 bucks for a gold one 5 years ago lol. Hell, they even upgrade your choice of LED color, for free. I guess with the competition and products on the market, they have to sell them cheaper.

Still the best mod I own to this day.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
It's amazing how much the Provari's have come down in price. I paid over 300 bucks for a gold one 5 years ago lol. Hell, they even upgrade your choice of LED color, for free. I guess with the competition and products on the market, they have to sell them cheaper.

Still the best mod I own to this day.

I figure they have made their money back on the equipment they initially invested in and can now sell at lower costs. I actually don't see any competition. There is more power, but who has the quality, availability, warranty and customer service ProVape has? I know on here these days more power = better, but not in my book...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Given the price, and the potential power, and the flexibility of the mod, I think it's a good 1st mod, because one won't outgrow it so quickly as one outgrows things like egos and spinners. The fact that it will step down, which the 20w won't, makes it a far better choice for those who aren't yet used to vaping and probably need a lower power setting. But even for those who've been vaping a while -- I've been at it for about 15 months now -- can benefit from its power and flexibility -- and did I mention the low price. :D

Andria

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Most people weren't really recommending a ProVari to a new vaper. Unless the new vaper said "I just want to get the very best right up front". The iStick (and I'd say the 30, not the 50...) has replaced being told to start with a Spinner and a ProTank.
:D

I use a squonker most of the time, with a bottom-feed RDA. But I don't like super-sub-ohm, I don't like super-airy, and I still use my 'Vari every day as an easy-to-pocket, good-for-travel, always-gonna-work, and don't-have-to-worry-about-leaking-airholes device.

Just sent...ready?...a Spinners and Egos and miniprotanks...to some friends who were asking about vaping and what to try first. I said "try my old stuff for free". They already bought an iStick 30 when one of the Ego's started to die.

I meant as far as recommendations to newbies, goes. Apples and oranges as far as mods go. I should of been more elaborate.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I would recommend the Istick 20 in a heart beat to a new vaporer but not the 50W. I just picked one up for $38 and it works but it has a mind of its own and keeps increasing the wattage all on its own. Would not recommend that to any newbie vaporer.

VidGamrJ

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Pittsburgh
I would recommend the Istick 20 in a heart beat to a new vaporer but not the 50W. I just picked one up for $38 and it works but it has a mind of its own and keeps increasing the wattage all on its own. Would not recommend that to any newbie vaporer.

Have you locked in the wattage? You hold down both arrow keys at the same time and the screen will flash locked or unlocked. You definitely need to keep it locked or any accidental presses will change the watts.

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Just like the others said, no. Among the other reasons given, you can replace the batteries in a ProVari and it will run forever. If it does develop a problem, send it in and it will be fixed fast. Spinners, egos, iSticks, etc., you just toss (recycle hopefully) them when the battery finally gives out.

You guys, stop knocking Spinners. I have three ProVaris and love them. However, there are times when one of my antique Spinners is easier to take along. Not often, but sometimes. :D

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Im not one but Provari owners I don't think are going to like a direct comparison.
Do think though that the technology and price ( well perhaps to some extent) has improved a bit since.
They're only worth what they're worth to the user though.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Im not one but Provari owners I don't think are going to like a direct comparison.
Do think though that the technology and price ( well perhaps to some extent) has improved a bit since.
They're only worth what they're worth to the user though.

Wolf, having had both, the ProVari is far better than the iStick. How many people do you see complaining about a ProVari vs an iStick?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Back in the day it was always just, "get a Provari". Nowadays, it's, "just get an istick50w". This whole forum is full of istick this, istick that.

I don't give a stick.

Heya freeall. Yes, it's abstolutely 'Stick country around these parts lately.

I have several. And I have several Provis as well. And a few <cough> other devices as well. They all serve some purpose dependent on mood, time, carry weight, event, etc.

I see the 'Sticks as the eGo of 2011, the Twist of 2012, and the iTazte V3 of 2013. To me they are an inexpen$ive little 'disposable' device, and I'll enjoy them til they bugger off to the great mod heaven in the sky.

My Provis tho..... they'll stay. They'll be the same consistent and lush vape givers they were from Day One.

I don't even see a way of comparing the two. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread