I have a serious question

Status
Not open for further replies.

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
So today I bought a pack of cigarettes . I havent smoked in a long time and i feel like vaping has turned me into a complete nicotine addict and this is why I bough the pack , I wanted to test myself since I know how much I use to smoke . Ever since I started vaping I have been increasing strenght and quantity of juice per day and I vape a lot , some days , I would vape between 10 - 15 ML of 6mg juice and absorb another ML though my skin while building . I smoked my first cigarette in almost a year and I finished it and guess what after that I wanted another one but I didnt take it .

Well before I started vaping I was smoking one cig every 2-3 hours and now I want way more . I am honestly considering quiting vaping and smoking all together , maybe 1 cig day , that would be it . Or maybe I should switch to non rebuiuldable tanks and stop making my own juice because I honestly feel like DYI and rebuildables is what made me vape more , trying different build on different attomizers , trying my new DYI e-liquids , trying other e-liquids that I bought , trying this , trying that , and at the end of the day 20ML of juice gone .

What would you recommend me ?

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
I am honestly considering quiting vaping and smoking all together , maybe 1 cig day , that would be it .

thats how it starts, then 1 cig a day turns into 1 pack a day then 2packs a day. A vaping addiction is still better than a smoking addiction. The fact that you yourself said 'maybe 1 cig a day that would be it', just tells me you aren't ready to quit either yet.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't really feel right "recommending" anything, it's your journey, do what feels right. How long have you been vaping? How long and how much did you smoke? Do you feel that vaping is safer than smoking? Do you think the nicotine is harming you? What kind of builds/wattage do you vape at? Have you tried putting the vape down for awhile? Have you tried lower wattage, higher nic vaping?

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
I smoked 2 years , at a constant 6 cigarettes a day , no matter what and now i vape 15 Ml of eliquid a day and nic/ concentration doesnt really prevent me from doing so . I like to vape the same way I smoke , in other words , take as many hits as i would take from a cigarette at once so even if I had 24mg , i would take as many i would take from a normal analog

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
You’ve only been a member here for just over a month. How long have you been vaping? It takes time for BT’s chemical soup to leave your system and that’s probably what’s driving your cravings/chain vaping right now.

Get some stronger nic to use during those cravings. All of us have been there (except for those bloody “accidental quitters”) and those of us still here are the ones that “vaped through it.” Nicotine is not bad for you unless you have some medical condition in which using a vascular constrictor would be dangerous. I needed 24mg to quit smoking completely and I smoked ultra lights. I now usually use 0-4.5mg.

I smoked 2 years , at a constant 6 cigarettes a day , no matter what and now i vape 15 Ml of eliquid a day and nic/ concentration doesnt really prevent me from doing so . I like to vape the same way I smoke , in other words , take as many hits as i would take from a cigarette at once so even if I had 24mg , i would take as many i would take from a normal analog

You bought a pack of cigarettes so the amount of nic you are getting isn't doing it for you. Try a little higher nic and see how it goes.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Have you tried 0mg juice? Honestly, and I could be completely wrong here, it sounds like you're more habituated to the action than the nicotine.

Vaping is great, but it's not for everyone, and it's not magic. You have to decide what you want from it, and what works for you, and if it doesn't work for you, then you have to choose what to do next.

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
Have you tried 0mg juice? Honestly, and I could be completely wrong here, it sounds like you're more habituated to the action than the nicotine.

Vaping is great, but it's not for everyone, and it's not magic. You have to decide what you want from it, and what works for you, and if it doesn't work for you, then you have to choose what to do next.

yes , this is why I am saying that higher nic doesnt get the job done for me . I feel satisfaction of the smoke/vapor itself and satisfaction of the nicotine . Both have to be there . Even if I were vaping 32mg , i would still take as many hits because I dont feel completely satisfied after 2-3 drags and I am not talking about nicotine satisfaction but " smoking satisfaction " ,probably until I start feeling bad is when I will stop .

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
so try 0mg juice, and/or lower wattage vaping. 15ml/day is a lot, not that there's anything wrong with that in and of itself, but I'd say you're at the high end of the spectrum for daily consumption. If it's really about the number of hits you're taking, try using a single coil 1-1.8ohm build at about 15 watts and tootle puff to your heart's content.

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
so try 0mg juice, and/or lower wattage vaping. 15ml/day is a lot, not that there's anything wrong with that in and of itself, but I'd say you're at the high end of the spectrum for daily consumption. If it's really about the number of hits you're taking, try using a single coil 1-1.8ohm build at about 15 watts and tootle puff to your heart's content.

Ive tried that , 0mg feels like air .

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
yes , this is why I am saying that higher nic doesnt get the job done for me . I feel satisfaction of the smoke/vapor itself and satisfaction of the nicotine . Both have to be there . Even if I were vaping 32mg , i would still take as many hits because I dont feel completely satisfied after 2-3 drags and I am not talking about nicotine satisfaction but " smoking satisfaction " ,probably until I start feeling bad is when I will stop .

looks like its time to get into RDA's then. Not sure what you are vaping currently, but once i switched to RDA's and sub-ohm vaping It was more satisfying than smoking ever was. I been vaping Nichrome 80 0.2-0.3ohm coils on a mech and its the closest thing to smoking that I remember for me so far, short rampup time, shorter harsher hits, which has prevented me from chain-vaping as often as I do, I find myself taking a few puffs then just setting down my mod because it gets the job done for me in a shorter amount of time. That's just me though, I was a 2PAD smoker when I quit and I chainsmoked constantly. This is the closest I got so far, and im pretty satsified, I vape the same way I used to smoke, but far less.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
It sounds like you're already vaping differently than you smoked. If you smoked 6 cigs a day, but you're vaping 15ml a day, you're vaping A LOT more than you smoked.

ETA: wta = whole tobacco alkaloid

tobacco contains more than nicotine, some people feel that wta provides what many people find missing from vaping, chemically speaking

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
I will finish this pack and see what will do then . I know its bad but f it , I paid for it . Maybe I should force myself to extend my vape free periods up to 2 hours . I usually take like 6-10 , big , long lung hits with 6mg and thats it but I do it every few minutes , maybe if I extend those 10 mins to two hours it should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread