Two Years Smoke-Free Today !

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Yup, two years since I set fire to a tobacco tube, after 46 years of a 2 pack-a-day habit starting at age 14 ...

My dentist in Mexico gave me a cigalike after pulling two molars on May 10th 2013, it worked for me from day one ...

I am a practiced stealth vaper, enjoy my new hobby everywhere and anywhere with complete satisfaction. At home and in my car I enjoy 50 percent VG juice and a modest cloud. But in public, recognizing the "brittle people" who have been thoroughly conditioned to openly attack anything that "looks like smoking", I vape 100 percent PG juice with total impunity. No evidence, no "crime" ...

After two years of vaping, my lung function has vastly improved, and Parkinsons symptoms are noticeably diminished. Now retired and with more energy that I have had in years, I can enjoy my free time thanks to 24 months of detox from tobacco additives ...

A salute to all of those on the front lines of the battle to protect vaping, and to expose the blatantly false media campaign to demonize this life-saving innovation ...

Join CASAA and make a contribution to a noble cause ! :thumbs:

gingertalk196

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
Congratulations Rico942! Great accomplishment.

My husband was in Vietnam and has been diagnosed with Parkinsons. He gave up smoking close to 40 years ago so I hesitate to recommend vaping and don't know if he'd even consider it. If you don't mind me asking, how long ago were you diagnosed? How does vaping help? Thanks so much and once again congratulation of 2 years!!!!! Ginger

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
images.jpg
Whahooooo Good for you!

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Congratulations Rico942! Great accomplishment.

My husband was in Vietnam and has been diagnosed with Parkinsons. He gave up smoking close to 40 years ago so I hesitate to recommend vaping and don't know if he'd even consider it. If you don't mind me asking, how long ago were you diagnosed? How does vaping help? Thanks so much and once again congratulation of 2 years!!!!! Ginger

I was diagnosed with Parkinsons over 10 years ago, but managed to keep it concealed until last year. I was put on a layoff list when co-workers noticed the hand tremors, and an HR agent asked me if I was putting people at risk. She believed that Parkinsons was contagious. Seriously ...

I retired a month later ...

There are medical opinions that smoking masks the symptoms of Parkinsons. I did notice an increase in the frequency and intensity of hand tremors immediately after I stopped smoking, but found that (for me), vaping with 24mg juice slowly reduced the tremors over the first year, to a level somewhat less than before ...

My neurologist (in Mexico) is aware of all of this, he does not openly endorse vaping, but is keeping an open mind, and observing my symptoms over time ...

I've learned that Parkinsons is a complicated disease, and treatment that works for one patient may not be effective for another ...

My hope is that some brave medical professional will research the effects of nicotine for Parkinsons treatment, and publish their results ...

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread