Two Years Smoke-Free Today !

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Nice job, rico! Just as an aside, I've never vaped 100% PG...do you get any vapor at all?

With 100% PG juices I get at most a wisp of vapor, using miniature PVs like the eRoll and Ovale Elips, which can be completely concealed in the hand ...

In restaurants, I always blow the small amount of residual vapor across the top of a coffee cup, to mimic the steam that normally comes from sipping hot java. Even the most suspicious and intrusive Puritan cannot tell the difference ...

And high PG juices give massive throat hit, which I like ...

I enjoy my vapor stream as much as the next guy, but if that's all I have to give up to keep the peace, so be it ...

Thanks again to all for the congratulations. Feels pretty good to be in the Sophomore Club ! :D

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA

Its funny, I read most of the anti-vaping articles in the mainstream media and think "Well, that doesn't align with my personal experience or observations, so it must be a flawed conclusion, erroneous data, or perhaps a person with an agenda to mislead ..."

This is the result of a lifetime of engineering training, and a bit of "common sense" ...

Its encouraging to find an article like the one quoted above, that represents real life conditions ... :thumbs:

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
images

gingertalk196

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
I was diagnosed with Parkinsons over 10 years ago, but managed to keep it concealed until last year. I was put on a layoff list when co-workers noticed the hand tremors, and an HR agent asked me if I was putting people at risk. She believed that Parkinsons was contagious. Seriously ...

I retired a month later ...

There are medical opinions that smoking masks the symptoms of Parkinsons. I did notice an increase in the frequency and intensity of hand tremors immediately after I stopped smoking, but found that (for me), vaping with 24mg juice slowly reduced the tremors over the first year, to a level somewhat less than before ...

My neurologist (in Mexico) is aware of all of this, he does not openly endorse vaping, but is keeping an open mind, and observing my symptoms over time ...

I've learned that Parkinsons is a complicated disease, and treatment that works for one patient may not be effective for another ...

My hope is that some brave medical professional will research the effects of nicotine for Parkinsons treatment, and publish their results ...

Thanks for the information Rico and congratulations on your anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread