RTA idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudyWithChanceOfVape

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2014
USA
Okay, so i'm a dripper...... I only tried one RTA and it was an orchid. I don't like using it a lot because it is a "pressurized" tank, so if I take the top off to fill the tank and tighten it down, it pushes the juice out of the airflow holes. I HATE FILLING IT FROM THE BOTTOM HOLE!!!!!!! It takes 2 freaking years to fill it up and ain't nobody in my line of work got time for that!

Does anyone have a recommendation for an RTA that I can fill from the top easily, that IS an RTA. I will never buy a coil at a store, I prefer to make my own. Yes I test, Yes I sub-ohm, Yes I know all about battery safety, I just know absolutely nothing about RTA's.

Needs:
"Airy" airflow option. Can be adjustable but not necessary.
Top Fill
Single OR Dual option

AAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD......... GO.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I like the Lemo 2 Its easy to fill I had to mess with mine I dropped it and the spacer that connects the positive stem to the 510 pin came lose I ended up shaving down a piece of a delrin DT base to fix it. I have a Cthulhu I like it better than the Lemo 2 so far except I prefer the way the Lemo 2 fills over the Cthulhu both are fairly easy to wick and dont leak once you have a good system down.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Okay, so i'm a dripper...... I only tried one RTA and it was an orchid. I don't like using it a lot because it is a "pressurized" tank, so if I take the top off to fill the tank and tighten it down, it pushes the juice out of the airflow holes. I HATE FILLING IT FROM THE BOTTOM HOLE!!!!!!! It takes 2 freaking years to fill it up and ain't nobody in my line of work got time for that!

Does anyone have a recommendation for an RTA that I can fill from the top easily, that IS an RTA. I will never buy a coil at a store, I prefer to make my own. Yes I test, Yes I sub-ohm, Yes I know all about battery safety, I just know absolutely nothing about RTA's.

Needs:
"Airy" airflow option. Can be adjustable but not necessary.
Top Fill
Single OR Dual option

AAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD......... GO.
I agree with you on the pressurized tank pita system, I progressed to the Taifuns over the last couple years. Easy filling, rebuilding is easy, and great flavor. However mine are the original GTs and they are kind of tight draw apparatuses. I hear the newer versions might be airier and possiby adjustible,

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
Lemo 2 is awesome. Easy build deck. Nice size deck too. When I first got it...it leaked like a b$&#h...but now I know it was user error because I was filling it wrong. Now it is easy and quick. For those of you that are having trouble filling here is how. Take the tank off your mod(not really nessasary but I do for convenience). Close the bottom air flow all the way. Open fill port. Lay the tank on its side with the fill port facing up(obviously). Fill and then close the fill port. Turn the tank back upright. Open the air flow control back up. Not a drop lost. Tank hits great, flavor and vapor production awesome! I would definitely recommend this tank!

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
+1 on the C'thulhu. I've yet to build mine to how I like it, couldn't get my build to fit since I'm used to 3mm and drippers, but when I used the stock coils it worked great. So, even though I haven't found a build that works for me I know this can handle it. Top fill, big air flow, dual coils, bottom fill if you feel like it, and I found it really easy to wick on my first try. Can go 50+ watts easily according to the Smog website and a member here posted on a thread where he's been able to take it to 90 watts.

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
For a Kayfun style tank, check out the 528 Custom Vapes Monster V2. It's a RTA that hits like a dripper.
How does one go about top filling a bell cap? Serious question, as I have a couple 3.1s with buggered fill holes that I'd like to put bell caps on.

Reactions: SissySpike

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
+1 on the C'thulhu. I've yet to build mine to how I like it, couldn't get my build to fit since I'm used to 3mm and drippers, but when I used the stock coils it worked great. So, even though I haven't found a build that works for me I know this can handle it. Top fill, big air flow, dual coils, bottom fill if you feel like it, and I found it really easy to wick on my first try. Can go 50+ watts easily according to the Smog website and a member here posted on a thread where he's been able to take it to 90 watts.
I put some 24 gauge contact dual coils 5 wrap 2mm screw driver 1.9 Ohms it made awesome clouds ok flavor but was to hot! Im as we speak vaping 28 gauge 5 wrap no contact dual coils same 2mm screw driver .47 Way way more flavor good vapor.
This tank will vape Max VG with no issues you have to unlike any other tank put some cotton in the wick holes if you dont it will gurgle and flood.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
How does one go about top filling a bell cap? Serious question, as I have a couple 3.1s with buggered fill holes that I'd like to put bell caps on.
To be honest, not a clue. My buddy let me try his out and it just hit perfectly. I'm not sure about all of the intricacies, but i know that it comes with the bell cap and 2 other tank sleeves

CloudyWithChanceOfVape

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2014
USA
I am about to try this right now lol. I just rebuilt coils for it because I havent used it in like 3 months and I thought the coils looked "bad", so now I am about to try this method and see how that goes.

I hate the juice capacity on it, but I deal with it.

ALSO, does the Kayfun top-fill cap make it "unpressurized" or just be able to top fill?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
$30.91 Heavy Taste Mod Tank 2-in-1 Rebuildable Clearomizer - 3.5ml / 1.5ohm / stainless steel + glass tank at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I like this tank.
wide open it's 3 3mm holes; and lowest is 3 1mm holes;
very airy at the widest airflow; best airflow tank I've seen so far.
It's quite pricey though;
comes with an rba head

flash evapor is another one to look at.
There was a glass edition last time I checked;

oh - and filling from the bottom for those kayfun types is a whole lot easier if you happen to have a needlebottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread