OBS Engine MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I've been enjoying mine. I had ordered five, and one came in a dud (no airflow; and according to some other reviews, seems to have been a bad batch of them in the wild). Overall, I enjoy the build quality and ease of build and wicking. A nice compact form factor, and the flavor is decent. On the largest airflow, it's still a bit too tight for me these days.

I'll keep these in rotation, since I use these for work rta's and don't need any larger capacity, and I do adjust to the restriction but long for a tad more airflow while using it.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I've been enjoying mine. I had ordered five, and one came in a dud (no airflow; and according to some other reviews, seems to have been a bad batch of them in the wild). Overall, I enjoy the build quality and ease of build and wicking. A nice compact form factor, and the flavor is decent. On the largest airflow, it's still a bit too tight for me these days.

I'll keep these in rotation, since I use these for work RTA's and don't need any larger capacity, and I do adjust to the restriction but long for a tad more airflow while using it.
Where have you seen reviews about some bad ones?

Reactions: stols001

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Where have you seen reviews about some bad ones?

The online retailer where I purchased mine: myvaporstore. I thought mine was a fluke, but another purchaser posted the same. As i stated, I had purchased 5, and one came with a faulty airflow. The 510 pin is flat and non-adjustable, so no way to take it apart and try to realign the internal air hole.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
@Frenchfry1942
Bubble glass is kinda pointless for most if not all for MTL tanks I guess

@jefsview
No airflow? like no holes drilled? That's a bummer for sure! Mine came alright but after a few days, during the time I am switching coils a lot looking for the best build, one of the post fell out. It's an easy fix though since everything is press fitted, but such a bummer too if for example a newbie who don't know DIY and repair got that issue. A V2 seems nice if they can add larger holes for tight DL hits and/or a proper MTL mouth piece.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
I don't have much of everything. Just kanthal 24G, ss 24G nichrome 26 and 28G. I have such big fingers that using 28G is always a disaster. I wish I can stick with the 28 nichrome, it vapes great on that at 1 ohm but there's not much left of the spool. I'm currently trying to fit in the space available 24G kanthal and all I can fit is a .5 ohm build. Kanthal vapes alright but nichrome taste better IMO.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I don't have much of everything. Just kanthal 24G, ss 24G nichrome 26 and 28G. I have such big fingers that using 28G is always a disaster. I wish I can stick with the 28 nichrome, it vapes great on that at 1 ohm but there's not much left of the spool. I'm currently trying to fit in the space available 24G kanthal and all I can fit is a .5 ohm build. Kanthal vapes alright but nichrome taste better IMO.
I've never tried Nichrome...

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Because of my curiosity, I often buy a new, recommended by reviewers MTL tank. The OBS Engine MTL RTA is one of them. I'm using the coil from the box with an extra wrap. I like the size and performance (hit and flavour) of this tank. What I dislike, is that the vape gets too hot for me after 3-4 continuous draws. I don't have this issue on my Kayfun's. The Engine OBS will be in my rotation, but I'll still enjoy to fall back to a Kayfun.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The Dead Rabbit defeats the Obs hands down. Used the Obs until I tried the Dead Rabbit. Threw the Obs into the forget me box. [/I
f239ef64bc5e146c05d58e5e28b5a699.jpg

I have a number of attys in my also ran box. Kayfun v2 probably isn't the best flavor atty, but I've stuck with it through a long list of wannabe's over the years. It doesn't leak, holds 4.5ml, and stands the test of time.

I really do wish that a true winner would come along in the MTL low wattage line of MTL atomizers. I like some of the short 24mm/25mm ml tanks, but most only hold half the juice that a Kayfun v2 can accommodate. That, and many new tanks are DTL tanks that also almost provide a MTL vape if you close the airflow all the way.

The DoggieStyle and the EHPro True almost fit the bill, but you have to carry a bottle of juice to make it through a day.

Last edited:

Lizistrata

May 18, 2019
Europe
Hi guys, need some help over here.

So I'm a new vaper, and OBS Engine MTL RTA is my first atomizer, i bought via the recommendation by the seller, as wanting to have something similar to smoking experience, in a way to help me stop smoking.

So, I've been having it for about a week now.

The main problem is that for the time that I have it I have been building my own coils, but I can't seem to get good vape or any flavor. I use Kanthal KA1/26ga for wrapping coils.
I've tried vaping from .5 to 1.5 Ohms, where at subohm I burn the cotton and get hot vape that burns my mouths, the atomizer heats as crazy, although I get decent flavor, and at Ohm vaping I get almost none vape and flavor, but the atomizer is at fine temp. I get the wattage above 15W and everything starts to burn again.
Also on both setting sometimes I get the juice in my mouth and again, it burns..
Juice I use is 50:50, 6mg of nicotine.

So I was wondering, do you have any recommended settings to get a decent vape and flavor?
How do you vape it, of those who have it?

Wold you recommend I perhaps get some other tank, maybe DL even though I am a smoker trying to quit?

Also I must say, I tried the juices I use on some other atomizers of the people I know, DL atomizers but I've been vaping the way i smoke my cigs, and the flavor was fine.
So I can't seem to wrap my head around what am I doing wrong :/

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Hi guys, need some help over here.

So I'm a new vaper, and OBS Engine MTL RTA is my first atomizer, i bought via the recommendation by the seller, as wanting to have something similar to smoking experience, in a way to help me stop smoking.

So, I've been having it for about a week now.

The main problem is that for the time that I have it I have been building my own coils, but I can't seem to get good vape or any flavor. I use Kanthal KA1/26ga for wrapping coils.
I've tried vaping from .5 to 1.5 Ohms, where at subohm I burn the cotton and get hot vape that burns my mouths, the atomizer heats as crazy, although I get decent flavor, and at Ohm vaping I get almost none vape and flavor, but the atomizer is at fine temp. I get the wattage above 15W and everything starts to burn again.
Also on both setting sometimes I get the juice in my mouth and again, it burns..
Juice I use is 50:50, 6mg of nicotine.

So I was wondering, do you have any recommended settings to get a decent vape and flavor?
How do you vape it, of those who have it?

Wold you recommend I perhaps get some other tank, maybe DL even though I am a smoker trying to quit?

Also I must say, I tried the juices I use on some other atomizers of the people I know, DL atomizers but I've been vaping the way i smoke my cigs, and the flavor was fine.
So I can't seem to wrap my head around what am I doing wrong :/
Post some pics of what you are building.

• Agree

Robert Morgan

May 16, 2019
Hi Gal: I am a 10 year vapor and am only a DIY coil vapor. First of all I would very much suggest you go to Lightning Vapes and watch some of Sean's video's on how to do you OSB. Second, since you are new - use only stainless steel wire 27 g around a 3.0mm rod. Wrap it 11 times that should give you a coil right at 1.0 ohm. Use some good cotton and make sure you pre burn it in like Sean shows you. He likes his vapes very hot - you should vape at 14 - 16 watts and will get what you are looking for.

You may have to get some better juice - it could be the problem.

bob - vapor.duke

• Useful

Lizistrata

May 18, 2019
Europe
Hi Gal: I am a 10 year vapor and am only a DIY coil vapor. First of all I would very much suggest you go to Lightning Vapes and watch some of Sean's video's on how to do you OSB. Second, since you are new - use only stainless steel wire 27 g around a 3.0mm rod. Wrap it 11 times that should give you a coil right at 1.0 ohm. Use some good cotton and make sure you pre burn it in like Sean shows you. He likes his vapes very hot - you should vape at 14 - 16 watts and will get what you are looking for.

You may have to get some better juice - it could be the problem.

bob - vapor.duke

Been doing all of that, the problem seems to be that I can't get to some not even sweet, bu ok spot when building. Been watching tens of videos, problem seems to be the setting, some optimal settings to get a good vape..

Also been trying about 4 or 5 types of juices always the same. Different manufacturers too. They are good on other tanks, just not on mine xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread