Status
Not open for further replies.

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
It was only about 5 feet to a hardwood floor, but when I looked down and saw two pieces lying there it caused a bit of panic. :(
I'm building a staircase in a new house and I leaned a little too far over from the landing with the rig in my shirt pocket. I really need to find a good holster for this thing. :D

After finishing what I was doing I scrambled down to assess the damage: the tank section of the nautilus had separated from the knurled ring just below the AFC ring. It's a friction fit set-up, and after cleaning the juice and sawdust from the parts I was able to tap everything back together with my hammer. I pushed the button on the Provi and nothing happened. Pushed the button a couple more times and I was back to vaping again with no leaks. :p

The owner witnessed the whole episode, and there wasn't even a dent in the finished oak flooring. He laughed as I cleaned up a couple of juice spots where it hit and watched me put it back together with a hammer.
I'm not usually this lucky.

Big shout-out to the makers of both products. :toast:

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
you lucked out...good job!

I cracked one of those globes within a week on a tile floor..the hollowed out sleeves became a "must have" on all of them and the minis (which just in time to pass them to my daughter who'd broke one too...she's tough on stuff works in an "artisan grocery store")

I still don't have a provari but glad it fared well!! :thumbs:
(the istick 20 bounced off a highway at 70mph so my accident prone self is sticking with that):headbang:

Reactions: philoshop

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
full

I made this dangler style sheath for my Provari's well over a year ago, and use it daily. It is a re-purposed multi tool sheath which I sewed a nylon webbing belt loop to. Never once dropped a mod from it, even getting into and out of vehicles. Glad to hear you got everything working after the drop!

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Thanks for the replies folks! The vape gear survived, the staircase is progressing nicely, and the owner's happy. Life is pretty good.;-)

I've tried a couple of belt-type holders and they don't work so well with the tool pouches I normally wear. Wood chips are a problem with the chainsaw work so I put the MVP in my back pocket for that unless I'm climbing. I like the 'stiff' button that most folks complained about.

A big clip, like you'd see on a real pen, would keep the provi from slipping out of my pocket. Pretty dorky, but I'm a solution type guy. I know I'd be banned from here if I put a velcro strip on the Provari to keep it in my pocket:lol:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I have a shoulder holster for a Provari its just like a conceal holster and it has a battery case on the other side I got it from Finland I think but Im sure you could get a cheapo shoulder holster off of ebay and adapt it its a good way to carry it.
I carry the IPV Mini 2 most of the time at work now with a silicone none slip case goes in to my shirt pocket easily and stays there.

Last edited:

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
A big clip, like you'd see on a real pen, would keep the provi from slipping out of my pocket. Pretty dorky, but I'm a solution type guy. I know I'd be banned from here if I put a velcro strip on the Provari to keep it in my pocket:lol:
See if this might work for you-
Eclyp - Home

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
i'm good. actually have a couple 2.5s that get little use. i'm planning on sending coffeebum one next week some time.
Gotcha, I swiped the board from this one and stuck it in an old V1 polished model.

Figured I'd hang onto the tube, but really can't see myself ever warming to the "crop circles" on the 2.5 body.

Reactions: beckdg

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Thanks for all the suggestions folks!
Beckdg, I've done a little work with kydex before: an adjustable cheekpiece for a target rifle. My work was not very pretty but it's tough stuff that's not too hard to work with.
And I like the 'eclyp' idea a lot, Underwhelmed. Especially for 7 bucks! In the right position it looks like it would provide for a 'recessed' firing button too. :)
Baditude, I tried the pants pocket thing. Just way too much sawdust and other debris around that area of my body. I had a Bic lighter with sawdust in it a few years ago that flared up and caught my beard on fire. The back pocket works, but I'm always afraid of having it fire unintentionally in that position. Turning it off and on every time I want a vape is not very handy.

Anyway, she took another tumble today: 15 feet or so out of a deer hunting tree stand that needed some adjustment. Stuck about 3 inches into the mud like a lawn dart, atty end first of course. Drip tip, chimney, and coil assembly were packed with clay. :-x A delightfully earthy vape experience once I pushed the mud out so I could get some airflow. A bit gritty on the finish though. o_O

Tomorrow's a shop day for me: fabricating jigs and fixtures for the staircase work. I'll throw together something for the Provi too, even if it's a piece of paracord tied around my neck.:D A Bolo tie with a fob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread