Best sub ohm kits, best kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
For basic starter kits, I've been recommending an iStick 30W + Nautilus Mini. It's obviously a little more advanced than an eGo style rig, but it'll give new vapers a bit more longevity before they feel the need to upgrade.

I don't have any experience with sub ohm starter kits per se, because I made the jump from an IPV Mini + Nautilus Mini right to RDAs. That said, I've been really loving the Kanger Subtank Mini. It's got great airflow, really good flavor, and already comeswith an RBA section. Other sub ohm tanks that people seem to like: Aspire Atlantis V2 (I've tried the V1, but prefer the Subtank because I feel it produces better flavor) and the Delta II (I've heard GREAT things about this one)

As for batteries that typically come with a sub ohm starter kit, I've heard pretty good things about the eGO One and Aspire CF Sub Ohm batteries, but I don't have any experience with them personally. The Kanger Subox also looks promising and the black Subtank it comes with is damn sexy!

Last edited:

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I love my subtanks. I haven't tried anything else though, but I don't even want to honestly. I have a mini, nano, and another mini on the way. I use an mvp 3 and istick 50, and have an istick 30 on the way also. I like the istick for the size and weight, but I use the mvp around the house.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
The best "sub-ohm kit" is not a kit. IMO, it is a well designed RDA along with a mechanical mod. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone not interested in learning safe practices, good batteries, and ohms law. But its really not that hard to do correctly if you are serious about vaping.

Reactions: Retro138

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
For basic starter kits, I've been recommending an iStick 20W + Nautilus Mini. It's obviously a little more advanced than an eGo style rig, but it'll give new vapers a bit more longevity before they feel the need to upgrade.

I agree, except that I now recommend the iStick 30W over the 20W. Unlike the older model, the iStick 30W allows users to experiment with sub-ohm vaping at 0.4 ohms or higher.

Reactions: caferacer

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
I agree, except that I now recommend the iStick 30W over the 20W. Unlike the older model, the iStick 30W allows users to experiment with sub-ohm vaping at 0.4 ohms or higher.

Thanks for pointing out my typo...I meant to say the 30W! ;)

Fixed in my original reply...

Reactions: Yozhik

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I see a few people recommending 30w mods for Sub-Ohm vaping. I would actually go a bit higher since most 30w devices are actually the bare minimum for this kind of vaping.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition
It's plenty for a subtank though. I have a 50w, yet never go above 16 watts, but everyone is different.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
I see a few people recommending 30w mods for Sub-Ohm vaping. I would actually go a bit higher since most 30w devices are actually the bare minimum for this kind of vaping.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

True that, but @sailorneptune01 is looking for suggestions on both a sub ohm starter kit and a general starter kit, hence the iStick 30 + Nautilus recommendations.

As for sub ohm starter kits, I've been suggesting people start small (atty w/ pre-built coils + one of the Aspire or Joyetech sub ohm batteries) so that they can see if they actually like that style of vaping. If they do and want to delve deeper, they can upgrade to a more powerful mod. Given how cheap the eGo One and Aspire Atlantis starter kits are, I figure it's a good place to start for most people who are curious about sub ohming. :)

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
30w devices are fine if you are using a sub ohm tank of some sort to start out. Even on a mech, a 0.5 ohm coil is going to put out about 35-ish watts on a fresh battery. A 50w device might be more versatile, but starting out, a 30w will do just fine.

Edit to add that even with my Invader Mini in temp control mode I still don't run it over 30w. It's usually set for 25w @ 480°.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
I, like Mr. Jiblets up there, also have 2 Kanger subtanks, the mini and nano with the MVP3 and I stick 50, also an Atlantis just for fun. I tend to stay in the 15 to 25 watt zone, so a 30 watt mod is fine for me. But for a kit, I've been seriously eyeballing the innokin MVP 3 pro kit with the glass I-sub. 70 to 80 bucks and you get a long lasting (4400 MAH) 60 watts and what I am told is a decent sub ohm tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread