Best sub-ohm vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Asking for recommendations on "the best" anything...is going to result in a large number of different answers because everyone's opinion is personal. It would help if you could provide more specifics in addition to it being sub-ohm, a starter kit, but not a Smok product.
For example:
Do you prefer a tube mod set-up, or a box mod set-up?

Do you want the tank to take drop-in factory coils, or are you OK with a rebuildable where you'll need to make the coils, install them, and wick them?

Do you want a topfill tank, or a bottomfill tank, or does it matter?

As far as eliquids...same thing...answers are going to vary widely! Everyone's tastes are different, and no one knows what your preferences are. There are thousands of different eliquids produced by many many companies. Narrowing it down to websites that ship to Europe, will be difficult...unless some members who live in Europe respond. However, shipping eliquids from the US to Europe would be very expensive. Better to at least tell what country you're in and maybe others from there could be of help then.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Looking to buy the best sub-ohm vape starter kit, reccomend me one. No Smok products.
First off, I agree with JCinFLA. Saying your looking to buy the "best" anything is too broad of a category. What's the best car, best food, best toothbrush?

I would never recommend a SMOK product to anyone, so we're good there.

In truth, any regulated mod that can muster at least 60 watts can fire sub-ohm coils. More watts than that will generally give you longer battery time between battery charges, just like a dual battery mod will.

I'm usually not a fan of "starter kits". I like to choose the mod and the tank independently for their own merits. Too often manufacturers will pair a decent mod with a cheap tank in a kit to make a customer think they are getting a great value. You'd be better off, IMHO, in buying each separately.

Choose your battery device by comparing features, aesthetic appeal and appearance, and manufacturer reputation. Watch You Tube reviews of the specific mods you're interested in; not so much for the opinions of the reviewer (that might help) because they are subjective, but to compare features, aesthetic appeal and appearance, or whatever else might help you decide on what to get.

Since you seem to be a relatively new vaper, I suggest you look at my recommendations for a regulated mod in this blog article: Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

For the tank portion, I recommend the original Uwell Crown tank. It comes with three different sub-ohm coils for you to try and later choose from. A 0.25 ohm and 0.5 ohm stainless steel coil for wattage mode, and a 0.12 ohm nickle coil for temp control mode. It has a widely adjustable air control ring for MTL to DTL draw. Top fill tank with 4 ml capacity. I did a comprehensive review of this tank in this thread: Tanks & RDA's Ratings & Explanations

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Might be a good idea to figure out the setup you're currently using.
Buying another because of the problems you've encountered is a good way to end up with another setup that doesn't do what you'd like it to.

The issues you've had in previous threads can be attributed to user error / very common occurrences to new users.

As far as the nic mg/ml goes most even semi decent liquid suppliers allow you to chose the level you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread