What to buy next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTJH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
Missouri
A quick back story to start. I was a 1-2 PAD smoker for about 5 years. I found vapes and quit smoking. I was able to stop vaping and smoking for 18 months until I picked up smoking again for a few years. I have once again been able to stop smoking and started vaping again. Simple transition, some willpower for sure, but I have kicked the habit completely. When I started vaping again I purchased an Istick 50w and a troll. Have been using 3mg liquid only. It's been about six weeks smoke free again and I want to, not only upgrade, but reward myself. I read and read and watch reviews non stop, my head hurts from all of the stuff out now. I use my mod consistently at 45 to 50 watts. I have a 0.4 dual coil build and a chuff top. The heat from the vape is less than perfect, but I like the vapor production. I am interested in temperature control as well. If I need to buy two mods to have everything I want, so be it. Not that money isn't an issue, but right now it isn't a factor. I have been looking at IPV3, Sigeli 150, IPV4, Mech Mods, you name it I have looked and can probably tell you the specs off the top of my head. I just can't decide! I need your help ECF! I know I want at least dual 18650, as my Istick lasts maybe half a day until I need to charge. Good flavor and large vapor production atty, temp control, and good ergonomics. Thanks in advance for all input and help.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
SX Mini M Class, has temp control. Sigelei 150 is dual 18650 and tried and true. I wouldn't go with mech mods unless you want something small and more portable, as it wont give you anything more in the vaping experience other than being a cool portable tube.

Here is what I would get/consider if I were you and didnt have what I have.

Sigelei 150W
segelei150-black-silver_1.jpg

SXMini M Class
XS_Mini_M_Class_Silver__Black_Black_Black.jpg

HexOhm V2.1 HexOhm V2.1 - Craving Vapor
HexGroup-5-1-254x203.jpg

Theres also the good ol Vaporshark rDNA40 for Temp Control
Vapor_Shark_dna_40_1.jpg

For RDA's I can only reccomend what I have tried, and am using constantly atm. Out of many RDA's - rogue, N23, darkhorse, doge v1 v2, various mutation x's, stillare, etc.

the top two right now that are in constant rotation for me are
El Cabron: Authentic El Cabron RDA & Twisted Messes RDA byCompVape Wholesale
El_Cabron_RDA_3.jpg

Hazematic Revolt: Hazematic Canada – hazematic
Revolt_Package_large.jpg

both these have great flavor, big build decks, and large post holes to fit any build you can think of. the revolt RDA is my favorite ATM, feels solid and the topcap is real thick because the deck is a reduced chamber deck. its made basically of full 316 stainless steel and PEEK (not delrin), everything is either 316 stainless steel or peek, which is crazy quality. even the driptip and drip tip adaptors are peek insulated.

Last edited:

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
I was just thinking mech mods for crazy low ohm builds, just for clouds. The Sigelei and the sx mini I have looked at a lot. Thanks you for your input.

i have mech mods, and It is much easier and safer to use the sigelei 150W for crazy low ohm builds if that's what you are looking for. With mech mods I get lots of issues with arcing batteries when I try to build <0.20 builds, so I just stopped doing those low of builds on my mech mods. + they kill the batteries so quick.

once you get around the 0.13 area, it starts to get realllly sketchy in mech mods, and only gives you 135watts of power. A Sig gives you 150w as well as being a regulated, safer mod for subohming.

EMTJH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
Missouri
The sx mini m class is for sure at the top of my list. Wish I could find them in stock and in the color preference I want. For non temp I guess the Sigelei 150 or the Ipv3. The revolt looks nice. Thinking mako and mako war as well, maybe an Aeolus, tugboat, and a plume veil. Going to pick up an Atlantis v2 and a subtank mini for my tc mods. Any other sub ohm tanks that are great? Thanks for all the help everyone!

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
For sub tanks I've got a Starre and an Ego One. They both have great vapor, but the Ego One has a slight edge on flavor (although it's kind of proprietary with the Ego One batteries in the sense that it is meant to look good with that battery).

The good thing about the Starre is it takes Atlantis coils so you can use the Vapor Shark nickel coils on a TC device. ;)

Me, I prefer the RTAs though. Much better flavor when I build my own coils.

mizunoboy

Feb 5, 2015
United Kingdom
Hi I wanted to get 1 of each class of mods so that I could experiment with all differing aspects of vaping...boy!what a pandoras box I opened...I have a sentinel tube,Luxyuon 150w box,parallel 18650 that I made,Dimitri box,26650 series box that I made,ejoy tube.....I had all bases covered for MY needs and am enjoying them all as they each give me that something a bit different for whatever mood or whatever new I want to experiment with,you can never have enough vape gear ha so just enjoy whatever you decide to get and if ever get the urge to smoke(urgh!)just treat yourself to another box,tube,juice etc lol
:rickroll:

Sean Mack

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
New York
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread