Always a burnt taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDarkRelic

Feb 2, 2015
Texas
Hey all.

So I've been vaping since January. I started out on a kanger ego and an aspire k1. Since then I've gone through aspire cf batteries, and finally made my way to my current set up. An mvp 3.0 or istick50w with my subtank mini.

At first using the stock occ coils with the subtank, I decided to buy some wire and cotton and here I am. Been building my own coils using the RBA section and loving it. I wick it properly and never get a dry hit, going anywhere from 18-25 watts, which is my preferred settings.

Now, it's only my preferred settings because I can't seem to go any higher. On either device. I get dry hits like crazy despite pancake wicking which I've specifically done to prevent said dry hits. I always have heard that it can possibly taste better the hotter it gets. And I don't mind a hot vape. But it won't let me try!

I'm well saturated, well wicked, and my juice can be anywhere form 50/50 to 70/30pg. I can do quick pulls on fully open, and slower toots on the middle setting on the subtank. I just can't go any higher than 25watts and I don't know why!

And that's not for just the coils I built. It's for the stock occ .5 ohm coil as well. And like I said all my cotton is beyond well saturated. Any help?

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
There's something else wrong if you can only rise to 25 watts. If you own an rda, try it or go to a B&M and ask to use one on your mod. The istick 50w goes down to .2 so I don't see how that the prob. It's recommended that you go no higher than 25 watts but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to do so. Do you know anyone with a regulated mod? If so, try the tank on theirs. How positive are you about the ohm read for your build? Can you try a .7 build and see if that works? These are questions I would ask myself and by no means do I intend on insulting you. I would like to learn how this works out as well. Good luck.

xDarkRelic

Feb 2, 2015
Texas
Yep I have two regulated mods and after watching reviews on the subtank (I've had it for about 2 months now) and I've always heard the flavor is crazy good at about 32w in the stock occ coils at .5. I just can't get there without dry hits. I've build numerous coils anywhere from .4-1.5, and still dry hits.

Here's a good example. I'm currently using my istick 50w with a coil I made in the rba of the ST. It's coming out at 1.1 and I can't go higher than 25w. Literally if I go to 25.5 it's burnt. The cotton is about a day old and definitely saturated so I just don't understand.

Another good example is on the rip trippers review he said he can go to about 32-35 before it getting dry. I just don't understand how.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
It's not possible, but not necessary at all from my experience. I think of it this way, I have my sweet spot at 16 watts. That low wattage is conserving my battery life and juice consumption, but perfectly satisfying to me with fat clouds and flavor. I was confused about this at first also, I ran it higher just to play around, but never get higher than about 20-22 watts max before dry hits.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Because you are using the RBA head, I believe this is not an issue with your build but an issue with the RBA head itself. The juice channels on the RBA head for the Subtank can only pull so much liquid through so fast. The higher the watts, the more juice that needs to be pulled through, and it cannot keep up. This has been discussed many times before with the Subtank RBA section and many have resorted to dremeling out the juice channels so that they can channel more juice. 25W seems to be the max you can go unless you do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread