Feeling lazy and buzzed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safsouf

Oct 27, 2019
Hi.

So I have been trying to switch to vaping and have had bad luck with side effects. Ear pains, chest pains and other. I tried a bunch of different juices and they all give me side effects. Until now it's been 3 days I have been off cigarettes and using Stigs I bought at a gas station. Kills the craving for a e ci . I love the taste.

First 2 days I had a bad case of acid reflex and heart burn , but when I switched from mango to mint it went away.

I'm feeling great, I feel my lunge are already better, but for some reason I feel lazy as f***...I feel buzzed, like I took narcotics. Is this normal ? Will it go away?

I try to drink a lot of water and juices and they help a bit.
I'm not in physical pain or anything, just I feel weird and slow. I dont want to stand and I wanna sit all the time.

Any clues ? I'm hoping it will to away. .

When I used free base nicotine and a mod I didnt have this feeling. I actually felt more energized like I took a stimulant. But free base and mods give me ear pains. ..

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Hi.

So I have been trying to switch to vaping and have had bad luck with side effects. Ear pains, chest pains and other. I tried a bunch of different juices and they all give me side effects. Until now it's been 3 days I have been off cigarettes and using Stigs I bought at a gas station. Kills the craving for a e ci . I love the taste.

First 2 days I had a bad case of acid reflex and heart burn , but when I switched from mango to mint it went away.

I'm feeling great, I feel my lunge are already better, but for some reason I feel lazy as f***...I feel buzzed, like I took narcotics. Is this normal ? Will it go away?

I try to drink a lot of water and juices and they help a bit.
I'm not in physical pain or anything, just I feel weird and slow. I dont want to stand and I wanna sit all the time.

Any clues ? I'm hoping it will to away. .

When I used free base nicotine and a mod I didnt have this feeling. I actually felt more energized like I took a stimulant. But free base and mods give me ear pains. ..

I don't know much about Stigs, other than they are a pod system using salt nic, but if anything made me feel like that, I would put them down permanently and if the symptoms continue, see a doctor as soon as possible.

Some vapers report weird symptoms like a heavy feeling in their chest when vaping e juice with a high percentage of VG. I suspect that's what was going on with your chest pain symptoms, but I am not a doctor, and if I were having those symptoms, I would go to a doctor. Unfortunately, most commercially available juices these days are VG predominant.

There are vendors, however, who allow customers to choose the vg/pg ratio in their juice. We don't know what percentage of VG is a problem for you however, so I would start out with a very low percentage of VG. My favorite e juice ratio is only 30 % VG. Some of the vendors who allow you to choose your own vg/pg ratio are Ahlusion,Ahlusion - A Fresh New Taste ; the Vapor Chef, The Vapor Chef; the Vapor Room, 15ml - The Vapor Room; Heather's Heavenly Vapes, Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Premium E-Liquids Hand-Crafted in the USA. There are many other vendors who will do this, of course, but I doubt you will find this option in a convenience store. You may be able to find this in a dedicated vape shop near your location that makes their own line of e juice.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
They have 60 mg of nicotine, holy cow! Be sure you don't get nicotine poisoning. I use 3 mg of nicotine just to compare. I don't know why pods use high nic salts.

Most pod systems only output like 7 watts, and they are designed to simulate smoking cigarettes – the nicotine level and fast absorption of that nicotine does just that.

fourmedallions

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Orlando, Florida
They have 60 mg of nicotine, holy cow! Be sure you don't get nicotine poisoning. I use 3 mg of nicotine just to compare. I don't know why pods use high nic salts. I could never vape that stuff, no wonder you are buzzed.

That's an insane amount of nicotine! Pods use high nic salt because it appeals to kids who want that buzz and as far as I am concerned, this is exactly why these closed pod systems are such a bad idea. I have zero trust for BT and I am wondering what other lovely things they are doing with the chemistry of e-juice.

You can also explore the DIY section of the forum. I love the control I have over what goes into my juice and it allows me to play with my pg/vg concentrations in order to find what works best for me.
If you are a chain vaper, try using less vg and more pg.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have no clue. Nic overload can cause dizziness, weird feelings, maybe it's sedating you. It doesn't really make sense to be honest. How much are you using?

Really you should see a doctor. IDK if you are super suggestible, have weird reactions to things, or what. Plenty of folks use that amount of nic without much incident but it depends on how much you are using per day.

I will say, nicotine detox can make you feel tired. Maybe it's that? I still say see a doc.
Anna

Safsouf

Oct 27, 2019
I have no clue. Nic overload can cause dizziness, weird feelings, maybe it's sedating you. It doesn't really make sense to be honest. How much are you using?

Really you should see a doctor. IDK if you are super suggestible, have weird reactions to things, or what. Plenty of folks use that amount of nic without much incident but it depends on how much you are using per day.

I will say, nicotine detox can make you feel tired. Maybe it's that? I still say see a doc.
Anna
Well Its not so bad I feel better then smoking. Maybe it's the withdrawals Iof other chemicals in the cig ?

I feel better each day . Just wondering.

Yes it's high nicotine but Its very low power

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Pods use high nic salt because it appeals to kids who want that buzz

My husband smoked for 45 years of his life - and the only way he could make the switch was to use 50mg salts with a small pod and even that was difficult for him..

We intend to lower his nicotine content eventually - but it's a bald faced lie to say that companies make these just for dumb kids - no, they are geared toward adults like my husband who needed cigarettes replicated as closely as possible in order to switch over effectively.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
My husband smoked for 45 years of his life - and the only way he could make the switch was to use 50mg salts with a small pod and even that was difficult for him..

We intend to lower his nicotine content eventually - but it's a bald faced lie to say that companies make these just for dumb kids - no, they are geared toward adults like my husband who needed cigarettes replicated as closely as possible in order to switch over effectively.

A local retailer ran a sales statistic on e-juice. They do not sell Juul or BT products, and all e-juice sold has customized, user selected nicotine content that is made to order. You want 2mg/ml of nic salts…you got it. Want some odd number like 17.8 mg/ml freebase…can do that as well. Nic salts consisted of 32% of all e-juice sales, and strength between 45 and 50mg/ml was the second most popular strength.

Last edited:

Safsouf

Oct 27, 2019

How is your husband doing now ? Is he feeling lethargic as well when he started vaping ?

It's now day 4 for me. Feeling better as the days go by and less lethargic. Actually woke up at 5 am very easily.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
They have 60 mg of nicotine, holy cow! Be sure you don't get nicotine poisoning. I use 3 mg of nicotine just to compare. I don't know why pods use high nic salts. I could never vape that stuff, no wonder you are buzzed.
No wonder he is buzzed. lol I remember when I started vaping 12 years ago, the highest you could get was 36mg (unless you did DIY), because the general consensus at the time was that higher than that was considered unsafe. Nowadays most liquid is 24mg or less and a ton of people use 3-6mg.... I was a 2.5 pack a day smoker and I started vaping at 36mg DIY. Over time I cut down and now mix mine at 18-20mg.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
How is your husband doing now ? Is he feeling lethargic as well when he started vaping ?

It's now day 4 for me. Feeling better as the days go by and less lethargic. Actually woke up at 5 am very easily.

No he's never felt lethargic from vaping..

You might be going through a more severe withdrawal from the many chemicals in cigarettes that aren't in vaping..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread