VaporDNA Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
@vaper1960 I read your post about the above vendor and wanted to reply. I haven't had issues with promos, sales, discounts on their site and I have received a prompt refund for a DOA mod they sent me. However, I take issue with their shipping fee price hike due to carrier signature fees in certain states. They explain that the carrier charges a fee for signature and they have included that fee in the shipping cost. My small and lightweight order cost me $12.99 where it would usually be around $6.99.

I emailed them explaining that I receive many age-related products in the mail and not once has the carrier required my signature. The BlueCheck which is state/federal compliant takes care of that during the check out process. They apologized for the inconvenience.

I don't know when I'll receive my package but I'll be sure to report back if I'm required to sign for it. Somehow I highly doubt it. If anyone else has had to submit their signature to receive their vape related products from a US vendor I sure would like to know. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@vaper1960 I read your post about the above vendor and wanted to reply. I haven't had issues with promos, sales, discounts on their site and I have received a prompt refund for a DOA mod they sent me. However, I take issue with their shipping fee price hike due to carrier signature fees in certain states. They explain that the carrier charges a fee for signature and they have included that fee in the shipping cost. My small and lightweight order cost me $12.99 where it would usually be around $6.99.

I emailed them explaining that I receive many age-related products in the mail and not once has the carrier required my signature. The BlueCheck which is state/federal compliant takes care of that during the check out process. They apologized for the inconvenience.

I don't know when I'll receive my package but I'll be sure to report back if I'm required to sign for it. Somehow I highly doubt it. If anyone else has had to submit their signature to receive their vape related products from a US vendor I sure would like to know. Thank you.
I've not have to sign for anything from US vendors; didn't have to sign for my last VaporDNA order from a few weeks ago. Seldom have to sign for any orders other than those from the UK, always have to sign for those.

• Winner
Reactions: muth

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I've not have to sign for anything from US vendors; didn't have to sign for my last VaporDNA order from a few weeks ago. Seldom have to sign for any orders other than those from the UK, always have to sign for those.
Thx Letitia. They have a list of states on their website that require signature. Don't know if your state is on it but mine is. Iirc, it's on the shipping info page. Funny, I don't remember signing for my UK package but my memory is shot right now.

• Love

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I have purchased from Vapor DNA a couple of items I wanted and couldn't find anywhere else. I don't like Vapor DNA because they are a bait and switch company with their sales items. More than once I've gone on their site at the beginning of a sale to buy something to find out the item is sold out. Okay that happens BUT as soon as the sale is over you can buy as many of the item as you want to. It doesn't matter at this point because I'm done buying hardware. Just beware of their shady practice.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Pretty interesting how everyone has had different issues. I copied the info. @Letitia your state isn't on the list.

Adult Signature Confirmation

Certain states now require Adult Signature Confirmation upon delivery for packages containing e-cigarette related products. To receive this package, the recipient must be at least 21 years of age and present upon delivery with valid ID to accept the package. All delivery carriers charge extra for this feature, and our shipping rates have been adjusted for addresses in the following states:

California

Connecticut

Delaware

Hawaii

Iowa

Massachusetts

Minnesota

Nevada

North Dakota

Oregon

South Carolina

Texas

Virginia

Washington

USPS Expedited Shipping - $12.99

FedEx 2Day Shipping under $59.00 - $13.99

FedEx Priority Overnight - calculated based on the shipping address and weight

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Hello @muth , my only issue with them was an advertised sale that was a lie. I got over it and actually made another order (only because they are the only place that had the RTA I wanted) I did make a recent order from another place and yes, they added $5 for required signature (California)... it sucks because it was a small order and between shipping and that extra charge was almost more than the actual order.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Hello @muth , my only issue with them was an advertised sale that was a lie. I got over it and actually made another order (only because they are the only place that had the RTA I wanted) I did make a recent order from another place and yes, they added $5 for required signature (California)... it sucks because it was a small order and between shipping and that extra charge was almost more than the actual order.
So did you actually provide a signature upon receipt? And yes, I agree, after the extra fee my discount was almost nullified. Wasn't the Silverplay was it?

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Pretty interesting how everyone has had different issues. I copied the info. @Letitia your state isn't on the list.

Certain states now require Adult Signature Confirmation upon delivery for packages containing e-cigarette related products. To receive this package, the recipient must be at least 21 years of age and present upon delivery with valid ID to accept the package. All delivery carriers charge extra for this feature, and our shipping rates have been adjusted for addresses in the following states:

California

Connecticut

Delaware

Hawaii

Iowa

Massachusetts

Minnesota

Nevada

North Dakota

Oregon

South Carolina

Texas

Virginia

Washington

I am in Texas and I haven't had a problem with needing a signature upon delivery.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
They told me it was a new process. Idk, when did you last receive a package?

The signature on delivery isn't new here, it came to be I estimate two or three years ago. I signed something from a vendor a couple of times that verified my age, and I haven't had a problem since. Texas was one of the first states to put that in place, and I understand the state government's position was that they wanted to limit children's access, but not infringe upon the rights of adults. That's a position I can support wholeheartedly! I hope that never changes here!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

California

Connecticut

Delaware

Hawaii

Iowa

Massachusetts

Minnesota

Nevada

North Dakota

Oregon

South Carolina

Texas

Virginia

Washington

I believe Texas was the first state to mandate adult signature only a few years ago, not that long after the deeming regs came out. I have no idea when the other states on their list implemented that policy. I think it’s hard for any small business to keep track of items with specificity over shipping requirements. State sales tax is far easier as most shopping carts online vendors use allow for a simple add on/plug in to automate that part of the process (if they even do and still want to fly under the radar and bag the sales tax stuff). But the shipping modules aren’t going to have off the shelf solutions that build in each state’s requirements for shipping vape stuff.

There’s a case to be made for covering your .... by just doing adult signature required to wherever you ship to protect you from accusations on underage interception of the package, but that does make you less competitive against other vendors who just mail it as is.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

I had to sign for a vape product delivery last week. Almost 100% sure it was a US vendor. I’ll look through my mail and see who it was. It was like a $7.00 fee. Actually I’ve had to sign for deliveries. One was with the USPS and the other was with FedEx. I’ll get back to you with which vendors required it.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Yes... my second one. Ironically, my first one is having leaking issues (the second one seems fine)
Yup, I ordered 2 more. The one I have is fine though. Where is yours leaking from? Maybe you have a hairline crack in the glass? The only time I got a leak is when the juice flow holes were set to wide for my wick tails. User error.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I had to sign for a vape product delivery last week. Almost 100% sure it was a US vendor. I’ll look through my mail and see who it was. It was like a $7.00 fee. Actually I’ve had to sign for deliveries. One was with the USPS and the other was with FedEx. I’ll get back to you with which vendors required it.
Thx Fidola, I'd be curious because I just received a litre of nic delivered by FedEx and he just did a doorbell ring and drop.

Reactions: Fidola13

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I believe Texas was the first state to mandate adult signature only a few years ago, not that long after the deeming regs came out. I have no idea when the other states on their list implemented that policy. I think it’s hard for any small business to keep track of items with specificity over shipping requirements. State sales tax is far easier as most shopping carts online vendors use allow for a simple add on/plug in to automate that part of the process (if they even do and still want to fly under the radar and bag the sales tax stuff). But the shipping modules aren’t going to have off the shelf solutions that build in each state’s requirements for shipping vape stuff.

There’s a case to be made for covering your .... by just doing adult signature required to wherever you ship to protect you from accusations on underage interception of the package, but that does make you less competitive against other vendors who just mail it as is.
I get that but doesn't BlueCheck which is state/federal compliant cover their behinds for that?

Reactions: Eskie

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Yup, I ordered 2 more. The one I have is fine though. Where is yours leaking from? Maybe you have a hairline crack in the glass? The only time I got a leak is when the juice flow holes were set to wide for my wick tails. User error.
I have an entire thread about his... thought I worked it out but after sitting a few day, the tanks leaked a lot again!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Glad to know this about VDNA. I never bought from them. I always thought that maybe their high prices were because they give better service than others. But I guess not. If they're just like all the rest, I'll just buy from eighvape lol.

I guess they figure a lot of nice pictures are worth a higher price, and they are, but not much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread