Status
Not open for further replies.

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Hello everyone.

Now that I'm stuck at home I have been observing some things that I never realised before.

Where I am now it has been very cold (0°C and a bit lower sometimes) and my wicking is behaving differently.

When in normal daily routine/home, my atomisers are usually warmer when I give them first pulls of the day or pulls after some longer inactivity time. House or weather is warmer, because the setup was in my pocket or car, etc.

Now because the atomisers are reaching much lower temperatures, I have to be carefull on first pulls and avoid some chain vaping before they heat a bit (overall heating liquid included). If I forget and give some sequence pulls there's a big risk of dry hits.

I vape 70/30 or 80/20 vg/pg and it's very noticeable that the wicking speed changes a lot with temperature. I know the atomisers I'm using inside-out and know the wicking is perfect for my normal use. This is new to me.

Never realised how much liquid temperature influences wicking speed. This could explain a great number of people having problems with fast burned coils or fast burning cotton. Not only how you wick it matters but also we have to take into account environmental variables and vaping habits/timings.

Any thoughts on this?

Stay safe everyone.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Cold also affects your battery's performance.
If cold juice is affecting your wicking because of increased viscosity, take a couple of small primer puffs before your main hit. This will heat the coil up which in turn will warm the juice thus reducing it's viscosity. I learnt this technique when trying to an older RTA to run at higher wattages.

You could also mix upa cold weather juice with a higher percentage of PG.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have had snow and my vapes been fine. But you know like not TERRIFYING Midwest snow or anything mostly a white dusting you can wipe off with a savings card.

I hate those things and don't use them enough. I ALWAYS should (like redeem my points and stuff) but they make it so HARD. Keep my receipt until I return so I can save 3 bucks.

No thanks, CVS.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread